RUMOUR Jayden Nikorima to the Broncos

Discussion in 'The Rumour Mill' started by Danoz Direct, May 26, 2016.

1. theshed

theshed NRL Player

What a fantastic job this kid did of blowing the start of his career.

2. Sproj

Sproj

He sure has. Hopefully, he learns from it and comes back super hungry.

3. Sproj

Sproj

When I read this yesterday, it made me wonder, after that ban, does he also have to serve a 12 match NRL ban in the future should he get a call up to an NRL squad? Or does this QRL 12-match ban cover NRL as well?

theshed likes this.
  4. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe QCup Player

Covers both mate

5. theshed

theshed NRL Player

Mid-year broncos bench utility signing?

6. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

Wouldn’t be against it as he’d be perfect cover through the halves and maybe hooker.

Sproj likes this.
  7. Foordy

Foordy

I'd be happy with him being a bench utility for us mid season ... but that depends on how our utility option goes at the start of the season

8. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

We don’t have one as yet? Are you talking Dargan, Scarlett or Murphy?

9. Foordy

Foordy

I'm sure Bennett has someone in mind ... Murphy's name has been thrown up a bit

10. Redcliffe also looks to have signed Jamil Hopoate. He's been to jail too. Talented though.

11. Brent81

Brent81 NRL Player

No.

Bennett’s own words “He won’t play for the Broncos this year but down the track, there may be a chance for him.”

12. Foordy

Foordy

that could very well change depending on many factors ... how we're going, how he's going, our injury situation etc

13. Broncs_Fan

Broncs_Fan NRL Player

Redcliffe are literally willing to sign anyone.

14. theshed

theshed NRL Player

Yeah I’m not sure about the comps you boys played in but in my experience, once you get a few steps removed from top grade most teams are full of guys with shady pasts, or sketchy presents.

Some great blokes or good laughs, but there are heaps of drugs, violence, DUI, etc. criminal records are not a rare thing i rugby league.

15. Broncs_Fan

Broncs_Fan NRL Player

Redcliffe are not a local team though. They play in the third best rugby league comp in the world.

theshed likes this.
  16. theshed

theshed NRL Player

Yeah sorry, my point was that if you play footy certain areas, it would be hypocritical to be too concerned about a few indescretians higher up.

17. There is no way Jayden plays for us this year. Bennett has said it twice now that he is no chance to play for us in 2018, he won't go back on his word.

Accept likes this.
  18. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

I agree, I think Bennett is making him pay his penance so to speak, both because of his drugs issues and also because he upped and left. If he wants it bad enough, he'll do a lodge, otherwise he's free to go elsewhere (not that it worked out for him the first time).

If he hangs around though, he might get to play NRL with his brother in the same team - together they could cause havoc.

Marty Deutschmann likes this.
  19. Morkel

Morkel

So you know how we have both SKD and Jikorima getting sacked from the Roosters over drugs stuff. And how convenient the timing was. I remembered the other day Kennedy. Sure he was only on a minimum contract (we were paying the bulk), but he was likely taking a spot in the top 25 and was seemingly surplus to their needs. And it was at that time, while with the Roosters, that he got busted for his involvement in the PED scandal. Also... convenient.

Marty Deutschmann likes this.
  20. Alec

Alec International Rep

Yeah, I always thought so too. Godfather Don Politis.

Marty Deutschmann and Morkel like this.