Jharal Yow Yeh injury update thread

Work with Yoh Yews cousin spoke to her today about him and she's very confident for rnd 1 in 2014 though she reckons will take awhile to get his speed back but believes he should get there again which would be great for you guys

my god that's a lot of highlights for someone who really only just started playing top grade football. and the speed, my god the speed is something we miss so badly. one thing i also noticed was how much more deadly hodges is too with the confidence of yow yeh being on his outside.

The sad thing is, even if he isn't 100% speed, he's probably still going to be our second fastest player behind Barba.

The sad thing is, even if he isn't 100% speed, he's probably still going to be our second fastest player behind Barba.

With the "blistering speed" of Maranta a close 3rd

I'm looking forward to his awareness and footwork, you don't have to be the fastest to beat a defender. He will be our Hodges v2.

I think Hoffman did a lot better with Yow Yeh at the back. There was less reliance on him to always bring the ball back strong, as Yow Yeh could do it just as effectively (if not better). Just think what we could do with a back three of Barba, Yow Yeh and Hoffman. It would have to go close to the best back 3 in the league.

My interest is having a genuine ball playing FB and 2 of the best finishers out wide who will benefit from a lot of quality ball

This kid has got Immortal written all over him. I wish him all the best and when he runs out onto the coveted Lang Park turf, I'll be giving him a standing ovation.

Just watched this again, man oh man he is a talent!! He is more than worth sticking with if he can get back even close to what he was. Come finals time, Hodges and Yippee out on the right edge and Reed and Oates on the left with Barba sniffing around everywhere, we have one of the most lethal back lines in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't it amazing. What, 3-4 weeks ago there were stories that he would never play again. Now he's ready and raring to go for round 1.

Just another example of not to believe anything you read in the media....especially the Courier Fail.

Isn't it amazing. What, 3-4 weeks ago there were stories that he would never play again. Now he's ready and raring to go for round 1.

Just another example of not to believe anything you read in the media....especially the Courier Fail.

There was that story that his career was over because he'd broken his hand carrying a fridge.

There were two reasons this story was bogus. One, a broken hand would not stop Jharal and two, his mum went on the radio and said that his hand was fine and he was relaxing in the pool.

I think it's sad that journalists create a story based on someone's awful misfortune and twist it to make it sound worse. Jharal deserves nothing but encouragement and appraisal for the way he's handled his injury.

There was that story that his career was over because he'd broken his hand carrying a fridge.

There were two reasons this story was bogus. One, a broken hand would not stop Jharal and two, his mum went on the radio and said that his hand was fine and he was relaxing in the pool.

I think it's sad that journalists create a story based on someone's awful misfortune and twist it to make it sound worse. Jharal deserves nothing but encouragement and appraisal for the way he's handled his injury.

Can't agree more. Journalists are scum tbh. They also must think the average reader is an idiot. I'm picturing some bloke reading the paper, eating breakfast going "oh no darl, yow yehs career is over". "Aww has he injured is leg again?" " no no his leg is healing fine but now he's broken his hand... You don't come back from that"

Just watched this again, man oh man he is a talent!! He is more than worth sticking with if he can get back even close to what he was. Come finals time, Hodges and Yippee out on the right edge and Reed and Oates on the left with Barba sniffing around everywhere, we have one of the most lethal back lines in the game.

Oates over Hoffman ?

Yeah why not? Haha. I actually forgot about Hoffman but Oates needs to be in there somewhere. Good conundrum to have.

I like Oates and what he's done but can't help but feel he's a tad overrated.

I like Oates and what he's done but can't help but feel he's a tad overrated.

I honestly don't think he is over-rated at all. I think he will be an integral part of the team for a long time, just not on the wing. What I can't understand is why in a full strength team people keep naming him on the wing. He is a backrower/centre at the most. Wing is probably his most unnatural position (well barring halves and fullback) and was only there because of our backline crisis this year. I actually think it says a lot about the kid that he was able to make such a fist of it that people actually think it's his position

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Porthoz
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.