Jharal Yow Yeh injury update thread

He looked ok at the Eels game when they had the Indigenous guys there (On that note, Choc? Like really?). He had a little bit of a hobble but walked quite easily in dress shoes on the Suncorp surface and caught up to the group fairly quickly after being a bit behind them (for whatever reason)

I really hope he makes a comeback too and in no way do I want to crush the spirits of this thread, but really, I was in the front row of this match. I saw the limp he had when he walked.... :( broke my heart! I cannot see him playing round1 2014. But I honestly hope I'm wrong

I really hope he makes a comeback too and in no way do I want to crush the spirits of this thread, but really, I was in the front row of this match. I saw the limp he had when he walked.... :( broke my heart! I cannot see him playing round1 2014. But I honestly hope I'm wrong
again, doctors have said he'll have the limp forever.

He had an unusual gait to begin with so add a limp and it is going to look worse than it actually is

I honestly don't think he is over-rated at all. I think he will be an integral part of the team for a long time, just not on the wing. What I can't understand is why in a full strength team people keep naming him on the wing. He is a backrower/centre at the most. Wing is probably his most unnatural position (well barring halves and fullback) and was only there because of our backline crisis this year. I actually think it says a lot about the kid that he was able to make such a fist of it that people actually think it's his position

His real test will be next season and TBH I don't think its overrating him so much, just being genuinely excited by the potential he showed, I don't think I have seen a player so dangerous for us with the ball in his hands come through the ranks at the club since Yow Yeh. As for where he should play next season, ideally Hoffman and Yow Yeh on the wings and him in the centres or on the bench, it's really hard to say at this stage cause there's so many factors to consider that it may come to him playing there short term, we haven't even got a certainty for 5/8th yet.

As for Yow Yeh, I think we will all be praying to the football gods he has a great off season, Broncos fan's haven't had much to cheer about the last two seasons, but I reckon nothing would please us more then seeing him run out even if it was just one game.

Last edited:
I honestly don't think he is over-rated at all. I think he will be an integral part of the team for a long time, just not on the wing. What I can't understand is why in a full strength team people keep naming him on the wing. He is a backrower/centre at the most. Wing is probably his most unnatural position (well barring halves and fullback) and was only there because of our backline crisis this year. I actually think it says a lot about the kid that he was able to make such a fist of it that people actually think it's his position

But just because we want him there doesn't mean we think that is his position. Just that he did a better job than others there. But given Hodges won't be there early nest season, put Oates in the centres with Yippee on the wing and then probably swap them as Yippee gets his confidence back or bring back in Copley and gradually introduce Oates from the bench as a backrower.

But just because we want him there doesn't mean we think that is his position. Just that he did a better job than others there. But given Hodges won't be there early nest season, put Oates in the centres with Yippee on the wing and then probably swap them as Yippee gets his confidence back or bring back in Copley and gradually introduce Oates from the bench as a backrower.

Mate, it's his position because that's where he has played all his football apart from this year when we had no other real options on the wing. I'm not making this up it's widely known he is a backrower/centre

You mean Oates? I know he is a backrower, I have watched him develop but I just don't want him to play in the forwards yet.

I hope all the Broncos supporters are patient with Yow Yeh. He most likely won't return to where he was before the injury straight away. The lengths he has gone to come back deserve our patience and support.

I hope all the Broncos supporters are patient with Yow Yeh. He most likely won't return to where he was before the injury straight away. The lengths he has gone to come back deserve our patience and support.

I think most people here don't expect him to ever be back to his best, but I have faith that he'll still be able to make it back to NRL standard, and hopefully his determination and perseverance will be infectious for the rest of the backline.

There have been far less talented players stay at the top level due to dedication and hard work (ala David Stagg, John Morris, etc)

Although Yow Yeh may never live up to his potential due to obvious circumstances, he no doubt has the dedication and work ethic to return to the top level in any position. He will make a fine centre or even a backrower, and he will still have a few tricks up his sleeve.

I think he is back
posted a couple of videos of his pop at Keperra golf course today

Apparently he broke an arm carrying a fridge which he didn't actually do and somehow that meant his career was over because he couldn't play again since his fictitious arm injury was connected to his shattered ankle.

That is the power of journalistic freedom of expression.

Apparently he broke an arm carrying a fridge which he didn't actually do and somehow that meant his career was over because he couldn't play again since his fictitious arm injury was connected to his shattered ankle.

That is the power of journalistic freedom of expression.
You should have seen the fridge!

I know we all wish him well and hope he gets back to the top grade next season ....

... but i'm really curious as to what position he'll play when he does come back ??

What chance he plays centre while Hodges is laid up with injury ?

I know we all wish him well and hope he gets back to the top grade next season ....

... but i'm really curious as to what position he'll play when he does come back ??

What chance he plays centre while Hodges is laid up with injury ?

Good question. I guess the answer will emerge after he shows his speed and step. Assuming his speed is still good (can't see it ever being what it was), and he can still step and outwit the defence, I think he is an ideal centre.

Problem is and will be, we have got almost an entire team of outside backs yet only 1 genuine half with good 1st grade experience.

Last edited:

Active Now

• peter09
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Dash
  • The True King
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Sproj
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.