RUMOUR Jordan Rapana to sign

This would be the very definition of a pointless signing.

We don't need him. He isn't a fullback and we've got wingers that can score tries.

The only thing I can think of as to why we would sign him is we're desperate for experience.

This would be the very definition of a pointless signing.

We don't need him. He isn't a fullback and we've got wingers that can score tries.

The only thing I can think of as to why we would sign him is we're desperate for experience.

Maybe an indication that Darius will retire in the off season perhaps.

I get why people are sweating on locking him up before November, but he’s still contracted for next season. We’re not going to lose him for next year
I understand that, but come Nov 1, big dollars will most likely pour in for him. If we can eliminate that, the we are being proactive in recruitment and retention.

I understand that, but come Nov 1, big dollars will most likely pour in for him. If we can eliminate that, the we are being proactive in recruitment and retention.

Clubs can already make him an offer. They just can't entice him to break his contract.

He's already said he is going to reject the offers and stay at the Broncos and we already have the money freed up for him. It's just a matter of sorting through all the details.

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Boyd
5. Rapana

If we do sign Rapana, this will be our backline come Round 1, bank on it.

Is Birdy gonna be playin for 2 teams now fulla?

He is already gone from Brisbane. When you are standin round the water cooler over the next little while, and somebody asks you how you knew Birdy was gone, you can tell em you got the scoop here at BHQ! Trust me on this one.

Can he even play fb? Or do we put isaako back there? Isaako on the wing in defence terrifies me. This feels pointless, we have farnworth chomping at the heels.

I have questions damnit!

Hey gang, I don't believe it, but for the first time ever since I signed up to BHQ, I have some insider info! 😮

Word is we are signing Jordan Rapana on a one year deal - it's pretty much all done and locked in. I've been told it's for a couple of reasons - he's keen to move back to Queensland (I think he was at the Gold Coast before Canberra?) and we're going to give him a run at fullback. Not sure if this will impact rumoured signings of Croft or Sezer, or how we're fitting it under the cap. Just passing on the info!

The source is very reliable - someone I've known for nearly a decade who's involved in the NRL, and an absolute top bloke.

Don't shoot the messenger. 🙂
[automerge]1570158803[/automerge]
Apparently hasn't hit the media yet, as they're wanting to keep it under wraps until the grand final is out of the way, for obvious reasons.
Appreciate the heads-up Ningers. Keep the good oil flowin son!

Assuming Bird leaves, we're stuck with Boyd & McCullough, and our only 2 additions are Croft & Rapana, I'd say this is probably our best 17 -

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Boyd
4. Staggs
5. Rapana
6. Dearden
7. Croft
8. Lodge (c)
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Pangai Jr
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Turpin
15. Glenn
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler

Notes:

Lodge & Carrigan co-captains, I'm on board with it. Shouldn't be too hard to ensure at least one of them is on the field at all times. The Raiders proved this year that co-captains can work, as long as they're two players who lead from the front (Croker & Hodgson)

McCullough starting over Turpin, yes, I'm aware this isn't ideal, but if we're stuck with Macca for one more year it's pretty clearly in our best interest for him to start, make a million tackles and replace him with Turpin after 30 minutes or so.

Milford at Fullback.. another thing I've said under no circumstances I want to entertain. If he loses weight, I'd be interested in seeing what he can do from the back again. He's never going to be a Tuivasa-Sheck or Tedesco that makes 300 metres in a game, but if his fitness is up to scratch, that will improve.

Dearden & Croft halves pairing - Out of all the potential combinations I've looked at, including ones with Sezer & Milford in them, I think this one has the highest upside. Croft will be the go-to guy, he's been playing 3rd fiddle at the Storm, sometimes even 4th fiddle when Hughes wants to get involved, give him the reigns, let's see what he can do. Dearden proved in his limited opportunities this year he's up to first grade, great defensively, looked dangerous every time he ran the ball, accurate short kicking game, I think he could form some great combinations on the left with the likes of Fifita & Milford, he played 5 games in ISC this year, 4 of them were at Five-Eighth.

Gillett & Isaako - Aside from Boyd, I thought these 2 regressed more than anyone this year, at this stage, I would have them starting in Queensland Cup, and allow them to seek opportunities elsewhere, if they can find them.

Assuming Bird leaves, we're stuck with Boyd & McCullough, and our only 2 additions are Croft & Rapana, I'd say this is probably our best 17 -

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Boyd
4. Staggs
5. Rapana
6. Dearden
7. Croft
8. Lodge (c)
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Pangai Jr
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Turpin
15. Glenn
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler

Notes:

Lodge & Carrigan co-captains, I'm on board with it. Shouldn't be too hard to ensure at least one of them is on the field at all times. The Raiders proved this year that co-captains can work, as long as they're two players who lead from the front (Croker & Hodgson)

McCullough starting over Turpin, yes, I'm aware this isn't ideal, but if we're stuck with Macca for one more year it's pretty clearly in our best interest for him to start, make a million tackles and replace him with Turpin after 30 minutes or so.

Milford at Fullback.. another thing I've said under no circumstances I want to entertain. If he loses weight, I'd be interested in seeing what he can do from the back again. He's never going to be a Tuivasa-Sheck or Tedesco that makes 300 metres in a game, but if his fitness is up to scratch, that will improve.

Dearden & Croft halves pairing - Out of all the potential combinations I've looked at, including ones with Sezer & Milford in them, I think this one has the highest upside. Croft will be the go-to guy, he's been playing 3rd fiddle at the Storm, sometimes even 4th fiddle when Hughes wants to get involved, give him the reigns, let's see what he can do. Dearden proved in his limited opportunities this year he's up to first grade, great defensively, looked dangerous every time he ran the ball, accurate short kicking game, I think he could form some great combinations on the left with the likes of Fifita & Milford, he played 5 games in ISC this year, 4 of them were at Five-Eighth.

Gillett & Isaako - Aside from Boyd, I thought these 2 regressed more than anyone this year, at this stage, I would have them starting in Queensland Cup, and allow them to seek opportunities elsewhere, if they can find them.

Boyd and Macca in the starting side? That's yuk bro!

can't do it. rest of the side looks good though.
[automerge]1570167034[/automerge]
Everyone's mad about signing an injured 30 year old Boyd so they go and sign a busted 31 year old Rapana. Classic.
most aren't over the moon about it. nothing like a stroke of a brush to paint everyone tho eh.

Last edited:
can't do it. rest of the side looks good though.
[automerge]1570167034[/automerge]

most aren't over the moon about it. nothing like a stroke of a brush to paint everyone tho eh.

I wasn't talking about anyone on here supporting it. Just that the recruitment team obviously know about peoples disdain for boyd and they go and do this.

That's if it's even legit, and sorry ningers I just cant see it due to ^^^

He's been one of my favorite players for years. Really hope that means Boyd is retiring.

I wasn't talking about anyone on here supporting it. Just that the recruitment team obviously know about peoples disdain for boyd and they go and do this.

That's if it's even legit, and sorry ningers I just cant see it due to ^^^
They're going full troll now. Seeing where breaking point is for the fanbase.

I gave my reasoning, also there's no replacement for Boyd at left centre if Bird leaves. Shibasaki is putrid and Perese / Farnworth / Coates all seem a year or two away.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Strop
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Battler
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • ezpz
  • davidp
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • KateBroncos1812
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Fitzy
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.