RUMOUR Jordan Rapana to sign

If this is correct, i just dont get it. You look at the successful teams, they invest money in the key positions and that suit their playing style and fill the others with cost-effective value players. Our recruitment seems haphazard, unplanned and messy.

Do we need an aging outside back (who i would not say is known for his leadership skills either).

WTF does farnworth have to do to get another crack? I thought he was good in his games.

Didn't the rorters sign Hall and Morris before this season?

It's been weeks now since their staff/player review and still nothing official has been released from the club as to the repercussions of that 58-zip Omni-fuckin-shambles.

I have to say that it sounds like the bean counters are hoping to play for time in the hope it will all blow over.

I am still strongly convinced that both Macca and Darius need to be told that they will be starting in Q cup and will not see first grade until a marked improvement on the field is achieved.

I'm slowly beginning to think that they are clueless and don't really have any answers.

It's been weeks now since their staff/player review and still nothing official has been released from the club as to the repercussions of that 58-zip Omni-fuckin-shambles.

I have to say that it sounds like the bean counters are hoping to play for time in the hope it will all blow over.

I am still strongly convinced that both Macca and Darius need to be told that they will be starting in Q cup and will not see first grade until a marked improvement on the field is achieved.

I'm slowly beginning to think that they are clueless and don't really have any answers.

you don't really expect them to release the review publicly, do you? especially given then beat up merchants in the media.

the only thing that matters is:

1. have they learned something from this season?
2. do the coaching staff have a better idea where our deficiencies are?.
3. do they have a plan to take this team, back to the top 4 where they belong?

we won't have any idea about 1 and 3 until the new season starts ... but it seems like they do have a good idea about #2. given they have been talking to a genuine halfback (also the rumours of Boyd being moved from the spine at the very least; and Turps overtaking Macca as our first choice hooker)

I share your frustration. However the season hasn't finished yet. We know Seibold has already met Croft so things are bubbling under the surface. We already know our cap situation is tight so until this is sorted we cannot announce any signings. If we get to the end of November and nothing has changed I will be worried but not now. Also rumours about Rapana is bollox IMO
Why would we want him. Seriously talk about him being FB lol. Isaako will be FB
Keep the faith.

you don't really expect them to release the review publicly, do you? especially given then beat up merchants in the media.

we won't have any idea about 1 and 3 until the new season starts ... but it seems like they do have a good idea about #2. given they have been talking to a genuine halfback (also the rumours of Boyd being moved from the spine at the very least; and Turps overtaking Macca as our first choice hooker)
How about some questions about the coaching staff ? Our attack and defense was a shambles, surely we need better options. Have cross and co. Done their jobs to the standard we need ?

How about some questions about the coaching staff ? Our attack and defense was a shambles, surely we need better options. Have cross and co. Done their jobs to the standard we need ?
Totally agree, our attack and defence was awful. Even taking into consideration the disruption to the team, we were not even getting the basics right. We definitely have to look at the support coaches too.

Totally agree, our attack and defence was awful. Even taking into consideration the disruption to the team, we were not even getting the basics right. We definitely have to look at the support coaches too.
I watched some highlights from 2015 and we were playing so much deeper and running on to the ball back then. Now we are so shallow and flat footed (have been for a couple years now). I dont get it, why would we change what had been effective?

I watched some highlights from 2015 and we were playing so much deeper and running on to the ball back then. Now we are so shallow and flat footed (have been for a couple years now). I dont get it, why would we change what had been effective?
Why would any team in first grade be fucking flat in attack? It’s friggin mental, blows my mind.

What you say makes sense Foordy, nevertheless I still want to hear something from them concrete to show they have not dropped the ball on this.

All the rumour and innuendo that is currently circulating does not fill me with confidence.

At present the club, by it's actions (or lack thereof) are publicly signalling that the display at BankWest was acceptable.

they don’t have to publicly reveal the findings but some decisive fucking actions would be nice.

I still feel like the chatter about lodge being captain was to take the focus off the season. Boyd could still well be the captain next year and it wouldn’t surprise me to see Macca in the 9 next year.

Latrell Mitchell has said he wants to make as much money as he possibly can to set himself up financially for life after footy and retire by 30.

What I took from that is that he is willing to leave the club if he receives a bigger offer.

That's who we should be going after.

Latrell Mitchell has said he wants to make as much money as he possibly can to set himself up financially for life after footy and retire by 30.

What I took from that is that he is willing to leave the club if he receives a bigger offer.

If we're going to go HAM on someone you'd go after tedesco.

We should be sending a couple of hundred grand in Jackson Hasting's direction to be honest. The bloke absolutely carved up Wigan in the ESL semi overnight. He absolutely has it all over Croft, believe you me. Would steer us round the park beautifully from what I saw.

He would need to make sure he doesn't go missing as much in games. He is so inconsistent and gives low effort at times.

Last edited:
Why would any team in first grade be fucking flat in attack? It’s friggin mental, blows my mind.
It probably has to do with the team being in two minds as to if we are kicking or running. That and the fact that even our "half" has no idea what is happening on the next play probably leaves them a little bit puzzled. Combine it all with terrible outside defence and terrible kicking game and it would be hard for anyone to stand deep, except maybe the fullback (hence why they often look a million dollars in attack over any other player).
Fix our attack, starting with our halves having some set plays with options and we look a whole lot better. Combine that with some authority out of halfback (it will mean the likes of milford, macca, turpin and even boyd will need to stand back and let our half, whoever he is (even if he is 18 years old) do his job.
For the record, I think we need a decent half who can call the shots and this be precedent over any other signing. I don't care if we start with macca at hooker, milf at fullback or 5/8th or isaako on the wing or fullback. None of that matters if we have no direction out of the halves. We need some to give it, and the coach to give them the tools to do so.

And will still be on $600k under the roosters cap

Last edited:

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Lozza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Evander
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.