Josh Hoffman

Donald

Donald

QCup Player
Mar 25, 2013
Re: Josh Hoffman, to the principles office!

I'd be open to the idea of Ferguson playing for the Broncos.

I know he is a dick sometimes but we are in the buisness of winning premierships and that he would certainly add to our strike power.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

People need to stop referring back to his statement as a reason to be petty with him. I personally think his statement was taken out of context anyway. I think what he meant was (but he likely worded it badly) after looking back on the season he could have done more. Not that he didn't put in. And every player should look back on their season and give an honest appraisal ofbtheir efforts.

In Hoffmans last season, he was one of our best. Given that was on the wing.

Its notbthe biggest crime for him to want to leave us to play fullback, if he is not going to be happy playing wing, then lets let hime leave so we don't have an unhappy player on our hands, potentially affecting team morale.

And there is nothing saying the release fee has to be money, it could be a player

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013

It's not really a financial burden though because every player is signed for 2014. Even if we free up the space I don't see who you are signing, unless you think Blake Ferguson would somehow be allowed to play.

There is plenty of time to find a replacement player for the 2015 season, or use it as an opportunity to front end existing contracts.

There are also players available for whatever reason mid season (Dugan and Inu for eg) where should that player be a good fit its better to have 3-400k in the kitty rather than playing Qld Cup.

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013

And while we are being petty, we have over 300k of our salary cap sitting in the Qld cup, money that could be spent getting us a player that wants to play for us.

If we release Hoffman we are still down a 300K player for the year.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012

Was Hoffman you favourite player and your upset he is leaving, or are you just a naturally vindictive person.

All that will happen by making the price too high for the Bulldogs, is they will refuse to pay it and we will be stuck with an unhappy player (that will unlikely be dropped) that severely affects our team morale.it is just not a smart move on our part.

Mate, I don't think calling me vindictive is fair.

He's unhappy because he can't get what he wants. That's freaking LIFE! If more players learnt that they can't have everything they want when they want it (which comes from a feeling of being entitled), perhaps we wouldn't have a scandal every 2 months.

If you can't get what you want, throw a tantrum and ask for a release. If you can't get a release, bring down the player group.

Wow, great life lessons there boys.

Be like Milford, man up and honour your agreement.

Or get the Dogs to put an offer on the table to the Broncos - which, again, will need to involve more than money.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Sticking someone in the Qld cup for wanting a release, when that player is still our best option on the wing is petty and vindictive pure and simple. We need to do what is in the best interests of the Broncos here... It is the same reason the Bulldogs let us have Barba so cheap.

The transfer fee doesn't necessarily have to be cash, it could be a player, but we should be negotiating something with the Bulldogs. Even if we don't use the money for this season, it means we can negotiate for players for the 2015 season, knowing we will also have his 300k to spend.

BTW, sorry if I offended you by calling you vindictive, it was unintentional

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I'd be open to the idea of Ferguson playing for the Broncos.

I know he is a dick sometimes but we are in the buisness of winning premierships and that he would certainly add to our strike power.

I would have serious issue with him playing for the broncos. He never learns his lesson and he doesn't seem to think it is an issue thar he sexually assaulted a woman. Our club doesn't need to sell it's soul for more strike power... leave that to the other clubs

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008

No way would I sign Ferguson. I had no real issues with Dugan but there's a massive difference between cruising on the roof and sexual assault.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

I doubt any club will be allowed to sign Ferguson forbthe 2014 season anyway. It is likely he will be de-registered for at least the season.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008

We seem to have plenty of options for outside backs (Vidot/Mills/Copley/Oakes) so let him go if he's going to be a whinging swine.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

There was a time where I would have been upset about Hoffman leaving, but not now. We have Barba, and next year we'll be getting Milford.

We have signed players that can do quite well on the wing, so we have cover there. To be honest, Hoffman is not really a huge loss.

As far as I'm concerned, Broncos should just get rid of him now.

Or, do what Bennett did with Hodges. Either way, I don't want him in the side if that's going to be his attitude. I don't want a player on the team that's not happy there and won't be completely committed. It just damages morale, and it will only hurt the team in the long run.

Last edited:
jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008

There was a time where I would have been upset about Hoffman leaving, but not now. We have Barba, and next year we'll be getting Milford.

We have signed players that can do quite well on the wing, so we have cover there. To be honest, Hoffman is not really a huge loss.

As far as I'm concerned, Broncos should just get rid of him now.

.. but we should squeeze the Dogs for every last drop in the process :okey:

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

I don't want our club to do anything to benefit any Bulldogs fans or their team. The way they act towards Barba is disgusting and their crowd antics are dangerous and this "small group" is far larger than anyone will admit. They're internet bullies who still do everything in gangs and their disgusting behavior shouldn't allow them to gain Hoffman. I would prefer to see them suffer without a known fullback.

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013

Does anyone remember hsi first game at fullback?

2009 he got outleaped from a bomb twice by none other than Steve Price, thats right a Prop it was quite funny. we one 28-14 i think, Tonie Carroll landed on Folau badly and broke his leg

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

If we release Hoffman we are still down a 300K player for the year.

We do have Drew who seems to be improving all the time. Not on a $300000 contract but i bet he could finish for you. Hopefully his defence has improved

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008

Does anyone remember hsi first game at fullback?

2009 he got outleaped from a bomb twice by none other than Steve Price, thats right a Prop it was quite funny. we one 28-14 i think, Tonie Carroll landed on Folau badly and broke his leg

Josh Hoffman's debut game was against the Dragons. He defused many bombs on that night and looked a very promising and safe fullback. Unfortunately his creativity never really developed but he's still a very good defensive custodian.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013

I don't want our club to do anything to benefit any Bulldogs fans or their team. The way they act towards Barba is disgusting and their crowd antics are dangerous and this "small group" is far larger than anyone will admit. They're internet bullies who still do everything in gangs and their disgusting behavior shouldn't allow them to gain Hoffman. I would prefer to see them suffer without a known fullback.

So the Broncos should hold onto Hoffman because you don't like the Bulldog fans?

Unread

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Wolfie
  • RolledOates
  • Brocko
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Behind enemy lines
  • heartly87
  • bb_gun
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Browny
  • pennywisealfie
  • Allo
  • mitch222
  • jarro65
  • Howie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Gaz
  • winslow_wong
  • Manofoneway
  • Ozired
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.