NEWS Judiciary: Live blog - Carrigan Four Week Suspension

I'm not making the claim the players are biased (although hard not to be), I'm making the claim they're pretty fucking dumb. They shouldn't be running a quasi-legal system, they're not remotely qualified for that.
And if they weren’t ex players, fans would be accusing them of knowing nothing about rugby league.

And if they weren’t ex players, fans would be accusing them of knowing nothing about rugby league.
Excellent. The less they know about rugby league the better, they're applying the laws of the game to incidents, they don't need to understand or care about rugby league.

Judges are not experts at almost anything they rule on either.

Excellent. The less they know about rugby league the better, they're applying the laws of the game to incidents, they don't need to understand or care about rugby league.

Judges are not experts at almost anything they rule on either.
I’m just saying what fans are like. Always whinging about something.

That moose tackle was a classic hip drop where he swung his body into JAC to drag him down.
Exactly... that's what a grade 3 looks like and it's the example / precedent that they will want to maintain.

I'd imagine we will be arguing Patty's as a grade 3, to keep the suspension down... if the judiciary accept that then Carrigan's will represent a Grade 3 moving forward.

NSWRL won't want Patty's to be a grade 3, because it is tame as **** compared to McGuire's... hence Patty will be charged above the grading so it can never be spoken about or referred to again... Can see it coming from a mile away, because NSWRL is corrupt as **** and easier to read than a children's pop-up book.

Watch them rub him out for the year. I reckon they give him 8 weeks

let's play over/under

over/under ... the Judiciary will take 1 minute to deliberate
Well under... they've already deliberated and come to a decision

Surely 5-6 equals 4 with a guilty plea and a clean record

I tell you what if this Ghabar bloke can keep it under 5 weeks then he will be a miracle worker.

Arguing a case for the rorters, storm or a golden child Sydney team is fucking child's play... you could put any mug in there to argue downgrades for a Sydney team... but if he can get a bronco to a reasonable punishment (I say reasonable, because he won't be able to get it beyond that) then he's a fucking miracle worker

If they are genuinely using McGuire’s tackle as a yardstick, and not extra cracking down on hip drops following the letter the NRL sent out last week about it, then Patty should get 4 or less, because McGuire’s was heavily loaded with priors.

But I fear the warning they sent out might up the ante.

Active Now

• jarro65
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  • Totally Unr3al
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.