Karmichael's Shot On Anasta.

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
I really do not see why there is so much going on about this!! The media are just talking up nothing. It's a sad day when you have to fear the way the Telegraph is going to interpret something and report it to the masses. That influences so many peoples thoughts and opinions and it is just absolute crap the majority of the time. The are just a glorified version of New Idea.
I was at the game and it did look like there was intent in it. Looked like Hunt charged at him with his elbow aimed at Anasta's face. After coming home and seeing it on replays on TV I can't beleive it has even been an issue in the first place!!
Hopefully he wont be suspended...he shouldn't obviously..but stranger things have happened!!

I was just listening to the Sharks vrs Storm game on the radio, Ben Ross just got sent off for a forearm to the head off Cronk, then White got sent off for punching Ross in the head, straight afterwards.

anyway they were still saying how there is no doubt about the Hunt hit on Anasta and that Hunt should have been sent off, so they are still going on about this hit. :roll:

Coxy said:
They published my comment! [icon_lol1.

Poor old fella. Sit down, have a cuppa tea, recite the planets in order, whatever little brain plays you do to wake up the grey matter. Let's see, fourth paragraph you say "An upright Anasta would have taken the force of Hunt's shoulder charge on his chest or upper arm". And of course, "an upright Anasta" was what Hunt was bracing himself to hit. Then, very next paragraph you have the audacity to say "Hunt still attacked the head of an opposing player and should have been sent off" Well knock me over with a feather! If that were the case, then you'd find every attacker in the NRL "stumbling" in order to get hit in the head and get the tackler sent off. Ever watched a game of 3-on-3 in League? I haven't, can't imagine it's terribly interesting. What elbow? You mean the one that lifts AFTER the contact is made and Hunt is reeling away from the hit? The air he cut through with it might have suffered a bit, but unfortunately our game doesn't protect them - or grass - or any other of earth's non-sentient elements (well, perhaps Josh Perry). We Queenslanders are constantly labelled whingers, but Ray, you make farmer Joe complaining about daylight saving fading his curtains and modern music sending youth to hell look like an open minded, new age genius. PS: The Kelly-Dowall try was a try, and for THAT reason the officials should be subjected to 24-hour-a-day Phil Gould monologues as punishment.

icon_thumbs_u Loved it Coxy!!! Well done [icon_lol1.

Being at the game, we didn't hear any 'commentry' about the hit...but I honestly didn't think the channel 9 team would back Hunt like they did. And after Anasta and Fitler said themselves that there was nothing in it, well it does make the good old Tele and radio look like a pack of you-know-whats. [icon_non

bfoord said:
I was just listening to the Sharks vrs Storm game on the radio, Ben Ross just got sent off for a forearm to the head off Cronk, then White got sent off for punching Ross in the head, straight afterwards.

anyway they were still saying how there is no doubt about the Hunt hit on Anasta and that Hunt should have been sent off, so they are still going on about this hit. :roll:

You listening to the continuous cr@p too.

When do we find out, the result of the tackle, monday night?

Haven't read the previous posts...

At first I was furious that the Roosters even got a penalty, however, in line with the new rules, fair enough.....I suppose (still hope we aren't going to be playing "grab" in a few years).

Then to hear all this backlash makes me piss myself. Seriously, to claim that Hunt's hit was malicious or intentional in any way is ridiculous.

Medical-Bill Williams should never be allowed to play again, if Hunt's hit results in a charge.

What happens from here? I say, in the first 5 minutes of Origin 1, we get TC to attack the line, then slide to his knees...we should get at least one send off from the resulting collision yeah?

When did NRL turn so weak?

Definitely nothing in it, Hunt should be fine.. I hope.
But what was really good was seeing Hunt over there with him when the trainers were out to make sure he was okay. That really made me proud to call myself a Broncos supporter. Good work Karmichael =)

26509867ic4.jpg

What a disgraceful shot, eh Frank? Got him right on the WOW logo, our new elbow sponsor...

Frank, i think Hunt only celebrated like that because he thought he put a legal hit on Anasta that made him lose the ball. Once Hunt realized what had happened he went to see if Anasta was OK

Haha i like the "Wow our new elbow supporter" comment funny stuff.

If K gets suspended for this imagine how long Ross and Ash Graham are going to be out for. K's tackle has nothing on what those 2 fella's did.

Anasta to speak up for Hunt
March 24, 2008

BRAITH Anasta will appear as a star witness should Brisbane fullback Karmichael Hunt be required to front the NRL judiciary over the shoulder charge that rearranged the Roosters five-eighth's nose.

It is believed Hunt will be hit with a careless high tackle charge when the NRL's match review committee meets on Monday.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

Hunt is innocent.. There was no intention of hitting Anasta in the face. Al these commentators going of there tree over it should put the microphone down and join a ballet club ffs. Anasta was on his Knees (a familiar position for him) when Hunt made contact. Hunt will get let off for sure.

It will be very interesting to see the NRL judiciary's response to all the high shots over the weekend.

I think it will work against Hunt and the judiciary outcome of the weekend's 3 shots (Ross, Graham and Hunt) will out doubtedly provide the precedent interpretation of this no contact with head rule.

Given that I think the NRL wants to erradicate or minimise such contact to the head, I think Hunt may be in trouble. I don't think they can use Ross and Graham's hits as examples of what not to do and then say Hunt's hit is what you can do which is essentially what will happen if he gets off. That is, players will think a shoulder charge contact to the head if it is, or is made to look, unintentional is legal.

From the outset let me say that I think Karmichael Hunt is anything but a dirty player and he has in all aspects of his play shown that he is a good sportsman and a great ambassador for the game and the Broncos. I personally think that it was a shot that looked horrible but when I watched it my gut instinct was that Hunt could not have done anything else because Anasta slipped. In many aspects it is similar to the shot that got put on Hunt on his test debut when he got knocked out.

The alternative is that I think it was careless for him to turn away from the player (if you look at the pictures) with the intent of shoudler charging him and then face the judiciary and say Anasta slipped and it wasn't my intention to hit him and I have no responsibility to the player being tackled in that situation. To play devil's advocate I think there is an argument to suggest that he was falling and Hunt saw it as a chance to put a good shot on which may look unintentinal.

The judiciary will try to argue that at the split second when Hunt saw Anasta slip he had an opportunity to recoil the shot (which regretably I think is true) but chose to either go through with the shot or put himself in a position where he didn't care about the outcome both of which are illegal tackles.

It will be unfortunate if he does get time on the sidelines but here's hoping

Active Now

• Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • eggstar10
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.