Let the off season review begin

I know it’s all doom and gloom and honestly, I understand why but, there are more than a few green shoots. If we can keep this squad together and look, with our R&R team, it really is a bigger question mark than it should be, we just need to get the blanks right while hopefully Black comes on and our decent next gen players continue to develop.

1. Walsh - impending free agent
3. Staggs - impending free agent
4. Mariner
5. (Arthars is the type of guy we need more of)
6. Mam
8. Willison - impending free agent
9. Mozer - impending free agent
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

15. Te Kura

That’s the nucleus of a premiership capable side but difficult decisions will need to be made around Cobbo and yes, Haas.

The most pressing issue is to get those impending free agents signed on.

If we could get Horsbrough, that would give us a true Flegler replacement in terms of an enforcer.
The bigger problem is the lack of depth and junior talent coming through that’s ready for a shot at first grade.

I know it’s all doom and gloom and honestly, I understand why but, there are more than a few green shoots. If we can keep this squad together and look, with our R&R team, it really is a bigger question mark than it should be, we just need to get the blanks right while hopefully Black comes on and our decent next gen players continue to develop.

1. Walsh - impending free agent
3. Staggs - impending free agent
4. Mariner
5. (Arthars is the type of guy we need more of)
6. Mam
8. Willison - impending free agent
9. Mozer - impending free agent
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

15. Te Kura

That’s the nucleus of a premiership capable side but difficult decisions will need to be made around Cobbo and yes, Haas.

The most pressing issue is to get those impending free agents signed on.

If we could get Horsbrough, that would give us a true Flegler replacement in terms of an enforcer.
I think what we all see happening is Walsh Willison Mozer and co all walking out the door leaving us exactly where we were in 2020/2021

Well this thread is a fun read

Bill Murray Film GIF
ty going to find groundhog day to watch been a min :)

Good evening gentlemen. Catching up on the latest goings on in the NRL and have just read an absolutely brutal assessment of the current state of the Broncos in this afternoons Tele article penned by brilliant league analyst Pam Whaley. Some of her findings include:

- 2023 was basically a fluke
- Reyno is done, nobody to replace him
- Walters disrespected the fans in that press conference
- he is about to feel the heat
- club needs an almighty overhaul or nothing will change
- dark days are here to stay for fans

Ouch. Dark days indeed.

Good evening gentlemen. Catching up on the latest goings on in the NRL and have just read an absolutely brutal assessment of the current state of the Broncos in this afternoons Tele article penned by brilliant league analyst Pam Whaley. Some of her findings include:

Ouch. Dark days indeed.

And yet we are still better than Youse at the Rabbits.

Time to look at getting rid of the following;

K Walters
Hoeter
Hetherington
Piakura
Riki
Arthars
Cobbo
Smoothy
Baker
Gosiewski
Hunt
Paix

I'll be in the minority for this, but i think its madness the kind of figures we are talking about for Reece Walsh. He's literally had one outstanding year of football and there is no way i think, despite his huge potential, we should be paying him anywhere near some of the quoted figures. I know its not all his fault his lack of consistency this year, but i really think after 4 years of NRL football he should have some more of the fullback basics in his game.

Ouch. Dark days indeed.

Screenshot 20240901 203705 Chrome

I am genuinely worried about you aye. If you're ever down, or sad, or life is too much just pm me. You have SO many red flags for mental health and I'm not even joking.

Footy isn't everything buddy.

K Walters
Hoeter
Hetherington
Piakura
Riki
Arthars
Cobbo
Smoothy
Baker
Gosiewski
Hunt
Paix
SUN CANNON FOR THE FOLLOWING:
K Walters
Hoeter
Piakura
Riki
Cobbo
Smoothy
Baker - extra strength double cannon
Gosiewski
Hunt
Paix

These 2:
Hetherington
And
Arthars

I’d be happy if we kept them as back ups. Skill might be letting them down compared to last year, however their attitude 99% of the time can’t be questioned.

I am genuinely worried about you aye. If you're ever down, or sad, or life is too much just pm me. You have SO many red flags for mental health and I'm not even joking.

Footy isn't everything buddy.
Thanks for your concern son, but I can assure you, I couldn't be better 😊. In fact, I, like the vast majority of footy fans, are just absolutely delighting in the misery you blokes currently (and for the next few years at least) find yourselves in. It is such a joy to see such an arrogant organisation and fanbase getting their comeuppance.

Broncos -
Please put out an SOS for any back rower who is will to bust their ass each week. Needs to be able to catch a ball, make a tackle. I know that sounds like I’m scouting from under 10s, but no. It’s serious, our second row stocks are fucked.

This is the issue with not having a football manager or an Ikin type role. Yeah the coach ultimately should get to make recruitment decisions but there needs to be someone who is less likely to be sacked every 3 years who oversees the long term planning of the roster and pathways.

I’d be ready to swallow my vomit and poach Gus

K Walters
Hoeter
Hetherington
Piakura
Riki
Arthars
Cobbo
Smoothy
Baker
Gosiewski
Hunt
Paix

I don’t think it’s worth getting rid of Arthars and Hoeter for what I think they’re on and their role in the team

Thanks for your concern son, but I can assure you, I couldn't be better 😊. In fact, I, like the vast majority of footy fans, are just absolutely delighting in the misery you blokes currently (and for the next few years at least) find yourselves in. It is such a joy to see such an arrogant organisation and fanbase getting their comeuppance.
Given you're on an opposition teams fan forum of a team you obviously hate.... I very much doubt you know many, if any other footy fans tbh. You are quite obviously depressed and/or have social issues. Most people wouldn't spend their time doing this, it is honestly sad "son". Do you tell people at your work (if you do work) that you do this? Do you talk about it at family dinners? If you do, I can guarantee they aren't laughing with you. If you don't, then there you have it, you're rightfully ashamed of how sad it is deep down. It's actually embarrassing lol. Especially if you're as old as you like to sound.

And our "comeuppance" is us finishing above you on the ladder lol. Your teams as sad as you are....

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Morkel
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Wild Horse
  • theshed
  • johnny plath
  • thenry
  • Bucking Beads
  • RolledOates
  • broncos4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Gympie devil
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • davidp
  • Allo
  • jarro65
  • Johnny92
  • broncsgoat
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.