OFFICIAL Lodge Lodged with Warriors - Kevvie Please Stop Talking

You might be right but it could have been Kevvie coming out publicly stating that Lodge was staying for the year that prompted/spooked the Warriors getting back on the phone and improving their deal.

IMO it is now pretty obvious the Warriors were very keen for Lodge this year as they attempt to make the 8. Kevvie looking stupid for 10mins might have been a necessary evil to get them to show their hand.
Has he really achieved this if we're reportedly paying almost a million dollars of his salary to offload him.

It wouldn't just be down to Ikin. I don't like how we are saying one thing then doing the opposite. What's wrong with just being honest? We already said they were free to negotiate, why do we as a club feel the need to then say they will stay for this year only to release one of them.

I personally don't like that it's Kevvie that's the one who comes out of it looking worse than anyone else.
I already gave a reasonable idea on why they would say that which you ignored, so I won't repeat it.

It’s the top who are responsible for keeping Kev aligned.

What can they do though if he totally loses the plot in front of a camera? You can see it, Kevvie speaks before thinking and sometimes looks like, for whatever reason, his brain just shuts down and says whatever comes out.

Has he really achieved this if we're reportedly paying almost a million dollars of his salary to offload him.
Idk mate, I guess I’m just trusting Dave and Ikin over the media on this one.

Seems to me they had a limit for the offloading of Lodge and Warriors met it.

I think the only people concerned about Kevvie’s quotes are Bronco fans. None of my other league mates are saying haha Walters lied about keeping Lodge…it just doesn’t register, but that’s just me 😀

What can they do though if he totally loses the plot in front of a camera? You can see it, Kevvie speaks before thinking and sometimes looks like, for whatever reason, his brain just shuts down and says whatever comes out.
His post game interview (not press conference) against the bunny’s was hilarious. He was talking about the first half being good then goes “well not good. You know what I mean. I’m just digging a bigger hole here so I’m going to stop talking”

First we are letting lodge and TPJ go, then Kevvie says nobody is going anywhere this year only to let lodge go a day or so later. Enlighten me on this plan. Is it to make Kevvie look like a fool and a liar because that's exactly what's happening.

Not really sure what you are getting at either with this plan cobblers. I was clearly talking about Lodge and TPJ. Never said anything about our recruitment strategy. That's a bit odd to bring that up when I never mentioned it 🤔
Cause no other coach has ever done the same right? They all tell the truth except Kevvie.
I mentioned it because you said we were making shit up as we go, hence mentioning the plan.
Why the **** is that odd 🤔🤔

I already gave a reasonable idea on why they would say that which you ignored, so I won't repeat it.
I don't buy we are going to go out of our way to make a club legend and a good bloke look like a liar and a clown to get a better deal for the club. Makes no sense at all.

You might be right but it could have been Kevvie coming out publicly stating that Lodge was staying for the year that prompted/spooked the Warriors getting back on the phone and improving their deal.

IMO it is now pretty obvious the Warriors were very keen for Lodge this year as they attempt to make the 8. Kevvie looking stupid for 10mins might have been a necessary evil to get them to show their hand.
I can tell you with certainty that the Warriors changed how much they were chipping in from what they offered to a few weeks ago. People will know that I have never claimed to have inside knowledge about anything before but I do happen to know this through a personal connection at the Warriors. I cannot say for sure if the public messaging had anything to do with it but the original offer they put in which in their opinion was going to be accepting was disgustingly low.

I don't buy we are going to go out of our way to make a club legend and a good bloke look like a liar and a clown to get a better deal for the club. Makes no sense at all.
Every coach lies to the media. Remember James Roberts was never coming to the club? Isaako met with Madge to discuss the NZ team? Why is Kevvie expected to be the beacon of truth where the others aren’t.?

Cause no other coach has ever done the same right? They all tell the truth except Kevvie.
I mentioned it because you said we were making shit up as we go, hence mentioning the plan.
Why the **** is that odd 🤔🤔
Like I said, I was clearly talking about Lodge and TPJ. No mention of recruitment at all. The way we have dealt with their situation has been fairly amateurish and imo they do look like they are just making up their answers on the spot.

And other coaches don't make themselves look as stupid as Kevvie has done with a fair few things he has said this year. All coaches bend the truth, and not just coaches either tbf, I just find it weird how things are being handled. Hopefully it's going to get sorted out when the new regime settles in a bit more.

Every coach lies to the media. Remember James Roberts was never coming to the club? Isaako met with Madge to discuss the NZ team? Why is Kevvie expected to be the beacon of truth where the others aren’t.?

I didn't say they don't lie. Like I just mentioned, the way we have handled their issues is amateurish. It's not something that we need to be deceptive about. We already said they are free to leave, why keep changing our stance?

I didn't say they don't lie. Like I just mentioned, the way we have handled their issues is amateurish. It's not something that we need to be deceptive about. We already said they are free to leave, why keep changing our stance?
Like I said I don’t know for sure but if it had any impact on the revised amount the Warriors are now covering it was more than worth it.

I think it needs to be clarified here that it isn't that Kevvie has lied that is the huge issue here, it is the WAY it has all gone down. He's looked totally out of touch, clueless and like a deer in the headlights. This does not generally happen to GOOD coaches and certainly not over and over again.

Like I said I don’t know for sure but if it had any impact on the revised amount the Warriors are now covering it was more than worth it.

I just don't like the way it's been handled mate. I don't have an issue with us trying to move players on, I just think it's be dealt with very poorly.

I just don't like the way it's been handled mate. I don't have an issue with us trying to move players on, I just think it's be dealt with very poorly.
I understand that and I think this is bound to happen when trying to offload dud contracts. I don't really care how things look because regardless the media will spin it to have a go at us.

I understand that and I think this is bound to happen when trying to offload dud contracts. I don't really care how things look because regardless the media will spin it to have a go at us.
I don't mind if they hate us tbh. Can build us a siege mentality. My big worry now is can they refuse a player a release if they want out seeing as we have been so willing to turf blokes out who have contracts.

I don't mind if they hate us tbh. Can build us a siege mentality. My big worry now is can they refuse a player a release if they want out seeing as we have been so willing to turf blokes out who have contracts.
I also have concerns for how potential
future signings will view a club who forces players out with years remaining on their deals.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Galah
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skathen
  • Maroon4life
  • Viti
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncs30
  • Santa
  • Harry Sack
  • vertigo
  • Fatboy
  • Wolfie
  • Alec
  • Sproj
  • MrMoore
  • winslow_wong
  • ezpz
  • BroncosMan
... and 38 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.