"Milf will be like Locky" - Bennett

http://m.couriermail.com.au/sport/n...e-in-season-2015/story-fniabm4i-1226804945560

"At the moment I'm liking fullback, but probably further down the track I'd like to end up in the halves," Milford told the Courier Mail.

"I like it at the back and it's kind of saving my body instead of being in the front line.

"Especially being a half the halves always get targeted a lot so I guess further on as I get bigger I'd love to go there."

Yeh, that really screams "next year I want to play in the halves". Youre taking the piss if you think that "probably further down the track" means "next season".

You either provide some evidence and quotes to show that he wanted to move to the halves in his very next season, or shut up and quit trying to make out like I'm making stuff up. I backed up what I said with cold hard quotes, do the same or shut it.

I didn't ask for any of that, your the one with the ever so obvious agenda here. Your playing your child like games and I'm loving it.

I didn't ask for any of those quotes, I asked you for evidence that he said he does not want to play 5/8. Don't give me other useless quotes mate.

Has he not gotten bigger this season ? You have no evidence, just your agenda. Which seems to be the only thing your known for around here judging by others posts towards you...

Last edited:
Okay, that discussion has gone on long enough. Move on, both of you!

EDIT: Baiting

I *wish* Milford was going to be like Lockyer - play at fullback for 9 years in first grade before moving to the halves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Milford a fullback or five eighth?

If you asked his junior coaches, he was neither.

From his debut for Souths Logan's Cyril Connell Cup side in 2009 to his days as a Canberra Raiders in SG Ball in 2012, Milford played as a first receiver.

The only time there was a deviation was in 2010 where he played fullback for the U/16s Queensland side. For what it's worth, NSW won that game 24-14 with Milford scoring two tries.

When Milford made his debut in the NYC it was neither in the halves or at fullback, it was in the centres where he played for three matches. After those three games he was moved to five eighth, where he helped steer the Raiders all the way to a grand final only to go down to Wests 46-6. Unfortunately for Milford, this is the second time he tasted grand final defeat in the same year as his SG Ball campaign ended in a 42-20 loss to Balmain Tigers (of all teams!)

2013 is the year that Milford really arrived on the scene. However, before he was a late call-up onto Furner's bench, he returned to the centres. Once again, he shone there but all it took was one game at fullback to persuade coach Furner that Anthony was the guy for the job.

What does this have to do with anything? Not a whole lot to be quite honest. I thought it'd just be interesting to look back on Milford's meteoric rise from virtual unknown, to junior superstar to the great hope he is today.

Anthony Milford, 1 or 6

Is he a 1 or is he a 6.
In my opinion he's too immature as a footballer to be in the 6 he's a fullback all day every day. Lockyer was the best fullback in the world when went to the 6 to become the best 6 in the world! And still took him abit to adjust, to ask a 20 year old fullback to go into the 6 is too much of a ask.

He needs to be fullback.

Re: Anthony Milford, 1 or 6

Maybe if people would stop putting him up against the best player ever, they'd be able to see some positives. All I'm seeing is people whinging that he isn't as good as Lockyer yet. Well guess what? He probably never will be..

We bought him to partner Hunt for the foreseeable future, that's what he's going to do, close thread please.

We bought him to partner Hunt for the foreseeable future, that's what he's going to do, close thread please.

This. Seeing all these comparisons in every paper is just irritating.

Hey guys.

First timer here be gentle haha.

So my 2 cents on the milford situation.

We have seen a total of 80 minutes of milford playing @ 6 - against a team who monstered out pack so we had 0 momentum.

He is a freak fullback but I believe long term he is definetly a 5/8.

Everyone has been criticising him but i think it's too early to tell - we need a sample size of a good 20 games to prove he isn't mature enough. Don't throw him back @ FB because of 1 bad performance on the back of dominated forwards (although he should have set up the try). He has the skillset to come good. Very very good

Thoughtsss?

I think you're wonderful.

1 ... Not every fullback has to move into the 6.

Matty johns and co discussed this topic on his show, all in agreeance that hes a fullback and shouldn't be shoehorned into 5/8th just because we don't have one.

Matty also had a good old laugh when tallis said the broncos weren't that bad, something along the lines of "haha oh yeh just like Newcastle weren't that bad for the last 3 years" lol.

For those firmly in the Milford at 6 camp, how long does he get before he should be dropped? Barba got less than a season before you all hung him out to dry, same with Hoffman. I expect the same attitude for Milford?

Matty johns and co discussed this topic on his show, all in agreeance that hes a fullback and shouldn't be shoehorned into 5/8th just because we don't have one.

Matty also had a good old laugh when tallis said the broncos weren't that bad, something along the lines of "haha oh yeh just like Newcastle weren't that bad for the last 3 years" lol.

For those firmly in the Milford at 6 camp, how long does he get before he should be dropped? Barba got less than a season before you all hung him out to dry, same with Hoffman. I expect the same attitude for Milford?

Ohhh so far you have Matty Johns and Phil Gould on your side whilst in the red cornerrrrrr, Wayne Bennett and Wally Lewis. For every person saying he should be fullback there's another person saying he should play five-eighth. He's playing 6 until Bennett decides he isn't anymore and gets as much time as it takes. I only hope Milford doesn't go on the internet and see how much faith some people have in him. Personally, I don't want to have this conversation anymore and I am sure a lot of people are in "agreeance"... That's it, done. See you after every mistake the young fella makes with your "I told you so's".

We also have Andrew johns and Darren Lockyer in the fullback camp btw.

Didn't answer the question either I see.

Btw "agreeance" is a commonly used term in many parts of the world, even if it might not be in the oxford dictionary. Do some readin about it, you might learn something. Its use goes back a long time.

Last edited:
Commentators are there to do exactly what their job states, commentate. Basically have an opinion and talk about it. That doesn't qualify them as being among the best people to comment on a particular subject.

Pretty sure Fletcher said he should have some time in the role before being cut off by Matty.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • davidp
  • Tmac
  • Redux
  • Gaz
  • Tim K
  • Financeguy
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • phoenix
  • Browny
  • Jazza
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Sproj
  • heartly87
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Muros
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.