NEWS Milford: I want to stay

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
This would actually be very convenient for you because if/when Milford continues to **** around and just bludge then you can just go from entirely blaming Seibold back to entirely blaming Croft all over again.
You’re a fucking clown mate.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
You’re a fucking clown mate.

Fight

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Ah yes, that would be the Roosters who poached Sam Walker from out of our junior system.
Unless Walker is touring other clubs while the Roosters are trying to extend him is there a point to bringing him up?

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I know, it just feels shitty to see a prospect touring other facilities at this super early stage in his career.
Its perfectly fine for him to do that, and he is breaking no rules, i just didn't like it lol.

I am one of the biggest critics of Milford here, but one thing i will give him total credit for is his desire to stay a Bronco for the rest of his career and he is not out there whoring his wares to other clubs while still on contract.
Would be nice to see that same kind of attitude from these entitled kids who just won the Broncos first ever wooden spoon.
Mmm, dunno about that! Milford chooses not to ask for credit as refusal may offend! By that I mean he's not out asking for interested bids because he knows there'll be none@ $1,000,000 p/a. Milford is here because he wants to play comfortable football.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Who's writing him off though?

Also lol at the tough guys talking about squaring up over posts on bhq.
Nothing tough about two pensioners punching on! Maybe it will be tough stuff in the youngsters divisions but in the over 60s, nah.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
All I have ever said is that he's been nothing more than average.

Google Tom Dearden highlights and no-one has taken the time to do it, because there are none.
He has no YouTube highlights video - how could I possibly refute such hard hitting evidence...

Seeing his NRL career is so young, let’s go with what he achieved prior. ARL Schoolboy Cup player of the tournament in 2018. QLD U16 and U18, as well as U18 Australian player.

Just because not every player has bling in their ears, is insta famous and has YouTube videos with gangsta music playing over the top, doesn’t mean they aren’t skilled.

After all, at the same age, Cronk was an absolute nobody and the Dogs had told JT he’d never make it.

Last edited:
W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Has anyone written him off? You accuse me of dodging the question, whilst you are making a series of definitive statements about things other people literally have not said...

All I’ve said. as have plenty of others, is that I haven’t seen anything from him yet to justify him continually being called the next ‘big thing’.

Perhaps that is his youth, inexperience, lack of a quality team around him or whatever other excuse you’d like. Perhaps though, he just isn’t that great? Maybe he is the next Peter Wallace instead of the next Allan Langer? No shame in that, Wallace had a fine career and got better as he aged.

But he was not the superstar that Dearden continually gets described as in the more dramatic creative writing passing as journalism, and neither is Dearden yet. In one breath you’re arguing Broncs have un-earthed a star and in the next, arguing the Broncos recruitment team couldn’t pick a winner the day after the race ran...

As to your direct question? Gee, I dunno... Some flashes of brilliance, a strong running game, or a strong organising game, like most good halfbacks are supposed to have? Perhaps some of all of it, consistently...

But alas no. Not yet...
Mate, I didn’t accuse you of anything. You literally didn’t answer the question until the post I am quoting here, so don’t try and deflect that by shifting the focus of the discussion.

And you’re right, no one has implicitly written him off, but they don’t really need to. Given the myriad of contributing factors already outlined ad-nauseam in this thread, along with the fact other players have been worse yet escape any such criticism; how anyone could say he’s been “bang average since he started” (which is where this entire conversation began) and consider that to be fair and reasonable criticism is beyond me.

And FTR; the irony in your first sentence is that something I’ve literally never said is that Dearden is the next big thing. Indeed, I’m reserving my judgement until he’s had time to prove one way or another. And to double-down, I also haven’t said anything, not one word, about the Broncos unearthing a star or their failed recruitment, so I’m really not sure where that came from 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
He has no YouTube highlights video - how could I possibly refute such hard hitting evidence...

Seeing his NRL career is so young, let’s go with what he achieved prior. ARL Schoolboy Cup player of the tournament in 2018. QLD U16 and U18, as well as U18 Australian player.

Just because not every player has bling in their ears, is insta famous and has YouTube videos with gangsta music playing over the top, doesn’t mean they aren’t skilled.

After all, at the same age, Cronk was an absolute nobody and the Dogs had told JT he’d never make it.

Blokes who have been average don’t have highlight reels though hey. Because if they had done something exceptional some prick would have made one.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Are they fighting words?!?! Who am I kidding, I win all my fights by 100m 🤣

I can’t be bothered going back into the annals, but I know for a fact old mate @broncsgoat has been sinking the boot into Dearden since he made his debut. Hasn’t had a good word to say about him, constantly critical.

I just fail to see how anyone can declare him good, bad or indifferent after 17 games, yet in the same breath and during literally the same period of time, excuse others poor form, laying it squarely at the feet of the coach.

As far as I am concerned, if he looks shit in the environment he’s been in, I am willing to give him time to prove otherwise in a better environment. Similarly, if he looked a world beater after 17 games in the Storm or Roosters environment, I wouldn’t be singing from the rooftops that he was a future immortal.

It’s just way too early to know either way.
At least he’s consistent.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I can’t even see BG’s posts as I’ve ignored him, I just like being silly.
So many threads on here make little sense to me such is the number of posters who have me blocked!! I still like reading their posts anyway but I cannot antagonize, I mean I cannot respond to them😪

Tim K

Tim K

QCup Player
Oct 7, 2018

Fake news.

So the kids a running 5/8th. Dang we still need a 7 then.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
It's not really wrong but it's hardly endearing to a fan.

There's nothing inherently wrong with chasing the biggest offer but when you've just cracked your first year and first spoon to go with it, surely there's some humility in giving back to the club for at least another year without whoring yourself to the highest bidder. The club has invested hundreds of thousands up to this point with absolute zero return.

It's not morally wrong or anything but it's just a shit go and kind of reeks of entitlement to be auctioning to the highest bidder when you've achieved absolute **** all. Has he even won a first grade game yet?
I understand that view but utterly reject it! You add too much significance to the role(s)
Dearden is a professional rugby league player. He is/was contracted for a specific role, that is, to play the game to the best of his abilities.

If another employer wishes Dearden played for them and offers a competitive wage then it's none of our business. Dearden doesn't owe us anything, he's doing his job just like we all do. Whether he's played 1/2 a game or 375 games, as long as he has played to the best of his ability when he worked for us.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
He did nothing wrong. If the Broncos can't beat the Cowboys offer, what has this club come to?

who is to say we should beat the offer the Cowboys may make.

Unread

Active Now

• Alihaider
  • Canga
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.