NEWS Milford: I want to stay

I'm calling out @ningnangnong. I'm putting both of my belts on the line, MVP and Posters Poster. Pillow fight!!!
I can see it now
community fighting GIF

Y

Well at a guess we probably have to at least match if not beat them or we risk losing him.

my point is, without know what an offer is, we can't know whether:

a) we could afford to match/beat it
b) we should match/beat it

for example what if it turns out to be another Fifita situation, does anyone seriously think we should be paying $1 million+ for him a season at this stage

my point is, without know what an offer is, we can't know whether:

a) we could afford to match/beat it
b) we should match/beat it

for example what if it turns out to be another Fifita situation, does anyone seriously think we should be paying $1 million+ for him a season at this stage
I think we will at least get the courtesy of knowing what any alternative offer is so we can decide what to do then.
If it does turn out to be another Fifita situation then naturally we should pass.
I’m not advocating we get into a bidding war for him.

At this stage the Redcliffe dolphins are closer to winning an NRL title than the broncos are. Couldn’t blame anyone for leaving.

Everyone sooking about no loyalty and here’s Milf begging to stay and no one appreciates it.
I am one of the biggest critics of Milford here, but one thing i will give him total credit for is his desire to stay a Bronco for the rest of his career and he is not out there whoring his wares to other clubs while still on contract.
Would be nice to see that same kind of attitude from these entitled kids who just won the Broncos first ever wooden spoon.

I'm putting my money on the train driver tbh...
Which one? The horizontal elevator attendant or the real he man, godzilla train master? 🤣 only joking, driving the pass trains requires skill and experience.

The problem is he isn't begging to stay out of loyalty, he's begging to stay because no other **** wants him, and he definitely doesn't want to move to England right now.
Exactly. Milford wouldn't get even half what he's on now at any other club and he and everyone else knows it.
We will see how loyal he is when the time comes to discuss his contract for next year.

The problem is he isn't begging to stay out of loyalty, he's begging to stay because no other **** wants him, and he definitely doesn't want to move to England right now.
We all have outside forces impacting our loyalty.

Heaps of guys are loyal to their misses because they don’t get any other offers. What even is altruism but a mechanism in which she show our value to the tribe we depend on for survival? What is love but a chemical reaction in the brain to make us reproduce, and then to not mush our babies heads in when they’re a burden to our resources?

Last edited:
We all have outside forces impacting our loyalty.

Heaps of guys are loyal to their misses because they don’t get any other offers. What even is altruism but a mechanism in which she show our value to the tribe we depend on for survival? What is love but a chemical reaction in the brain to make us reproduce, and then to not mush our babies heads in when they’re a burden to our resources?
None of that applies to Milford. His current loyalty ( and that for the past couple of years at least) is based purely on dollars.

None of that applies to Milford. His current loyalty ( and that for the past couple of years at least) is based purely on dollars.

Which is why if the club has even one brain between them (and lets be honest that would be pushing it), Milford is getting offered 500k for 1 year and not a cent or month longer. I guarantee you this, the Titans or Bulldogs will jump on our lowballing and will throw 200k and a couple years more in his direction, then we'll see how deep his loyalty goes.

Which is why if the club has even one brain between them (and lets be honest that would be pushing it), Milford is getting offered 500k for 1 year and not a cent or month longer. I guarantee you this, the Titans or Bulldogs will jump on our lowballing and will throw 200k and a couple years more in his direction, then we'll see how deep his loyalty goes.
The amount of shit Milf cops. It’s fine to talk about how much of a flop he’s been but everyone seems to know a players thoughts.

Maybe Milf is a great bloke but his natural skill took him further than his natural threshold for dedication and self-discipline ever had a right to go. Now he just kinda sucks more than he was expected too and everyone thinks he’s some selfish asshole.

The amount of shit Milf cops. It’s fine to talk about how much of a flop he’s been but everyone seems to know a players thoughts.

Maybe Milf is a great bloke but his natural skill took him further than his natural threshold for dedication and self-discipline ever had a right to go. Now he just kinda sucks more than he was expected too and everyone thinks he’s some selfish asshole.

I never said he's a selfish asshole. Lazy sook would be closer to the mark. He doesn't run the ball anymore because he doesn't like getting roughed up. He'd rather just be the kicking bot that Bennett set him up to be, and lets be honest he hasn't even been doing that well recently either. So he won't run the ball and he can't kick long consistently. In the words of the great Stephen Fry: "THEN WHAT ARE YOU FOR??"

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bish
  • Astro
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Broncs1459
  • Dash
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosarethebest
  • jarro65
  • Skathen
  • davidp
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.