NEWS Milford: I want to stay

Wonder what amount Jarome Luai just re-signed for?

Because he seems to be everything you'd want Milford to be, and based on the last few seasons Milford isn't worth half of Luai's new contract.

Ridiculous. The bloke has been nothing but bang average since he started.
Lets compare 2020 stats shall we? There’s a bees dick in it (except Dearden isn’t a turnstile in defence), especially when Milford is supposed to be the dominant playmaker.

So based on the fact that you happily excuse Milford’s output because of Seibold, should Dearden not get the same exemption, seeing that’s the only first grade coach he’s ever had?

Last edited:
Lets compare 2020 stats shall we? There’s a bees dick in it (except Dearden isn’t a turnstile in defence), especially when Milford is supposed to be the dominant playmaker.

So based on the fact that you happily excuse Milford’s output because of Seibold, should Dearden not get the same exemption, seeing that’s the only first grade coach he’s ever had?
You're forgetting the most important stat - 2018 POTY awards.

Wonder what amount Jarome Luai just re-signed for?

Because he seems to be everything you'd want Milford to be, and based on the last few seasons Milford isn't worth half of Luai's new contract.

Luai has a bit of a madman in him. Milford doesn’t have that kind of mongrel.

Luai has a bit of a madman in him. Milford doesn’t have that kind of mongrel.

I'd love to have Luai in our team, he reminds me so much of Hodges in that you would love to play with him, hate to play against him. He also has the skill and the belief to back himself. Milf sort of has only one of those things.

By the way watch the full interview on broncos.com.au to get the full context

That's the thing though, I don't think Milford was 'supposed' to be the dominant playmaker. He 'ought' to have been the dominant playmaker, but Seibs brought in Brodie Croft to try and play the 2015 Ben Hunt role and let Milford play off the back of it.

I don't think it was a bad idea, but Croft wasn't fit to play the role expected of him. When Seibs finally wised up to it, it was too late and he effectively found himself out of the club in a matter of weeks.

I was responding to someone saying we absolutely cannot lose Dearden... not sure what that has to do with Milford.

Edit - Sorry I was responding to the earlier comment that 'all is lost' if Dearden signs elsewhere.

Strong words considering the blokes won about 3 games and lost 20.

Last edited:
I was responding to someone saying we absolutely cannot lose Dearden... not sure what that has to do with Milford.

Edit - Sorry I was responding to the earlier comment that 'all is lost' if Dearden signs elsewhere.

Being thrown into that side and situation I don't think too many young halves fresh onto the scene would manage many more wins no matter how good they are when your leaking more points then a sinking titanic.

Being thrown into that side and situation I don't think too many young halves fresh onto the scene would manage many more wins no matter how good they are when your leaking more points then a sinking titanic.
I’m not saying they would have, I’m just saying to say all is lost if Tom goes elsewhere based of what we’ve seen is a bit over the top.

I’m not saying they would have, I’m just saying to say all is lost if Tom goes elsewhere based of what we’ve seen is a bit over the top.
And I agree it would be a bit over the top all I'm saying is when it comes to young players especially in critical positions is they should have some breathing space in expectations so early into their careers. Even the likes of Langer, Walters and Lockyer were facing the prospect of a spoon in their careers.

Last edited:
He's 19 and holding his own in first grade against men and while he hasn't set the world alight, he's held his own and shown potential and glimmers of brilliance.

NINETEEN!!

We absolutely cannot lose Dearden.
Exactly, seriously some people on here expect fucking miracles from these kids.
If I do recall roosters pulled out all the stops to get him and when he turned them down, they then went after walker.
Now cause he hasn't been world class in a very short and trying period he's on the scrapheap.

Exactly, seriously some people on here expect fucking miracles from these kids.
If I do recall roosters pulled out all the stops to get him and when he turned them down, they then went after walker.
Now cause he hasn't been world class in a very short and trying period he's on the scrapheap.
There’s a difference between saying someone has been bang average (which he has) and saying he’s on the scrap heap

Seeing as they play almost the same position, at the same club and their contracts are up for renewal at the same time, there is no better comparison.

Dearden played 12 of his 17 games in 2020, with the other 5 under Seibold in 2019. You’re more than happy to blame Milfords form on Seibold, so why not Dearden? After all, the stats indicate Dearden was equal to or better than the bloke you relentlessly defend / worship.

Last edited:
Seeing as they play almost the same position, at the same club and their contracts are up for renewal at the same time, there is no better comparison.

Dearden played 12 of his 17 games in 2020, with the other 5 under Seibold in 2019. You’re more than happy to blame Milfords form on Seibold, so why not Dearden? After all, the stats indicate Dearden was equal to or better than the bloke you relentlessly defend / worship.
You’re wasting your time. He’s completely devoid of the kind of logic you’d expect in a functioning adult.

Milford gets a complete free pass because Seibold, but Dearden, who actually out played Milford statistically under identical circumstances and Coaching, despite vastly less experience, is only a bog average player who we can easily replace.

If a child could understand why that’s a plainly moronic mentality, then I’d politely suggest you’re wasting your time on an apparent adult who can’t see it himself.

Last edited:
You’re wasting your time. He’s completely devoid of the kind of logic you’d expect in a functioning adult.

Milford gets a complete free pass because Seibold, but Dearden, who actually out played Milford statistically under identical circumstances and Coaching, despite vastly less experience, is only a bog average player who we can easily replace.

If a child could understand why that’s a plainly moronic mentality, then I’d politely suggest you’re wasting your time on an apparent adult who can’t see it himself.

Putting words into my mouth just makes you look like an asshole.

If you agree with the post that I was debating in that all is lost for the Broncos moving forward if Tom left you're the fucking moron.

Last edited:

If you agree with the post that I was debating in that all is lost for the Broncos moving forward if Tom left you're the fucking moron.

Do you reckon Seibs could beat you in a fight?

If you agree with the post that I was debating in that all is lost for the Broncos moving forward you're the fucking moron.
Yep, sure, it’s always someone misquoting you. It’s never what you actually said:

Active Now

• levikaden
  • Broncosgirl
  • Redux
  • Stix
  • Culhwch
  • Big Del
  • leon.bott
  • Bucking Beads
  • Ondi
  • Tim K
  • bb_gun
  • heartly87
  • Galah
  • Midean
  • Fatboy
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Inknition
  • Dash
  • Fozz
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.