Milford's chance to stake Maroons claim

DCE was fine as an interchange but struggled when he was expected to play like Cooper Cronk in a one off game.

He's also won grand finals, and unlike Milford this year, has been consistently pretty good.
From memory DCE also had very limited preparation going into his starting debut for origin. I believe he was carrying an injury that basically prevented him from training and Ben Hunt was a real chance of starting, but a call was basically made in game day for him to start???

If that was the case then he was basically going in with no preparation with the squad, formations, etc. being the 7 and expected to call the shots.

Green has confirmed JT could miss six weeks

So many harsh critics, I think Milford has been amazing seen being at the Broncos. Slow start to the year but he's one of our best in the last couple games. Could you imagine Milford coming off the bench running around tired defenders, it's a site I'm definately looking forward too.
True... super sub.

From memory DCE also had very limited preparation going into his starting debut for origin. I believe he was carrying an injury that basically prevented him from training and Ben Hunt was a real chance of starting, but a call was basically made in game day for him to start???

If that was the case then he was basically going in with no preparation with the squad, formations, etc. being the 7 and expected to call the shots.

Yes he put himself before the team and said he was fine to play when blind Freddy could see he was not.

DCE shit the bed the only time he started in Origin, and that was when he was at the peak of his form. Last year he was useless and this year he's gone okay against admittedly patchy opposition quality.

Norman is all ego. Undoubtedly talented, but no heart. He'll have a blinder and think he's earned his pay cheque, so then just be a passenger or look for the easy option for the next three games. He'll probably do well for one Origin game, as he'll have a point to prove, but should we win he'll go back to being lazy if chosen again this series. Think his first game for us vs his last game(s) for us.

Milford is a toss of the coin. It will depend on the opportunities given to him, which seems like a no-brainer, but if he gets a sniff he could own the arena. If we're under the pump he'll get stifled. Having Cronk & Smith steer will be a huge help, but with our weakest pack in over a decade they might not have much to work with.

Crazy thing is, if Hunt wasn't injured, going off his form before he went down I'd say he's the best option by far. Tough defender, playing with guts, and with Cronk doing the organising he can play his natural game.

Remember Milford off the bench for Canberra, imagine him now doing the same role for Queensland.

Remember Milford off the bench for Canberra, imagine him now doing the same role for Queensland.
now imagine him 10kgs heavier and with significantly less speed and agility. that's what you have in 2017 version of milf.

go ahead and look at his 2013 highlights and tell me he has the same speed and agility.

now imagine him 10kgs heavier and with significantly less speed and agility. that's what you have in 2017 version of milf.

go ahead and look at his 2013 highlights and tell me he has the same speed and agility.
Yeah and the Milford of 2013 would be jersey slinged into the crowd in a origin game. Just because he's put on weight and become less agile than he was when he was 18, does not take the fact away he is one of the quickest and agile players in the rugby league world. Hahaha I mean it's common sense everyone grows up and has to put on muscle to handle the physicality of the NRL. There's tons of talented touch football players that are quicker and probably better passing skills than the NRL, but they can't handle the defensive duties and tacking a hit so they're a complete fail in rugby league

And no I can't see the significant loss in speed and agility, definately a loss but not significant. He's still making defenders looking silly. And he's added muscle has made him near impossible to tackle one on one.

Yeah and the Milford of 2013 would be jersey slinged into the crowd in a origin game. Just because he's put on weight and become less agile than he was when he was 18, does not take the fact away he is one of the quickest and agile players in the rugby league world. Hahaha I mean it's common sense everyone grows up and has to put on muscle to handle the physicality of the NRL. There's tons of talented touch football players that are quicker and probably better passing skills than the NRL, but they can't handle the defensive duties and tacking a hit so they're a complete fail in rugby league
Like Allan Langer was back in the day? :)

I'm not at all debating the need for muscle, but you are harking back to his Canberra days and equating that to a 2017 scenario - except he isn't like his 2013 self at all, which I pointed out.

All of the tests have said that Milford hasn't lost any speed or agility. It's still the same as it was when he joined the club.

All of the tests have said that Milford hasn't lost any speed or agility. It's still the same as it was when he joined the club.
I don't believe the results, i'm probably on my own here but do you think they would come out and say yeah he's definitely slower and less agile now that he's put on muscle, nowhere near as fast as he used to be.

no they wouldn't, because that would be dumb, imo if you compare 2013 to now there is a noticeable difference, hell even the guy above me who is disagreeing with me about milf playing origin concedes that he appears to be slower now than in 2013.

besides, bris don't release their player data do they? so how can you really be sure?

I don't believe the results, i'm probably on my own here but do you think they would come out and say yeah he's definitely slower and less agile now that he's put on muscle, nowhere near as fast as he used to be.

no they wouldn't, because that would be dumb, imo if you compare 2013 to now there is a noticeable difference, hell even the guy above me who is disagreeing with me about milf playing origin concedes that he appears to be slower now than in 2013.

besides, bris don't release their player data do they? so how can you really be sure?
Off the mark he has just as quick it's top speed that he has lost it, but the test we've only seen are 40m sprint. And rarely do you ever use more than 40m in nrl

I actually don't give a shit what he was, all I know is that if qld put him in the last 15 mins of each half, his speed and agility and strength for a small fella. Will cause headaches and he could be really be the difference when we are down four points or leading by four points especially when the big boys are tired.

I actually don't give a shit what he was, all I know is that if qld put him in the last 15 mins of each half, his speed and agility and strength for a small fella. Will cause headaches and he could be really be the difference when we are down four points or leading by four points especially when the big boys are tired.
I don't think there's any issues with him having a bench role, my concerns are for him starting in the halves - I don't think he is ready or even deserves to at this stage.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Painin the Haas
  • Culhwch
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Griffo
  • BroncosAlways
  • IceWorks
  • Ozired
  • mitch222
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.