Milford's chance to stake Maroons claim

Milf isn't ready to start in Origin, only faith and optimism dictates otherwise.

DCE should start if JT can't make it. He's in good form, has waited a while for another chance and can still be his normal opportunistic self. IIRC the last time he started he played 7 and was replacing Cronk, which is a bit harder of a task as JT clearly has the license to roam in that side which i think suits DCE's game better.

Milf could get a spot on the bench if he's lucky.

Only reason I would want Milford to be picked is so that he could play with Cronk and Smith. Would really help his development.
Qld should name a few halves in an extended squad given the potential for a whole new pairing next year.

Would be good to expose them to it this year and they can still play for their club team

The gap was there for Hodkinson when Queensland lost the series.
I know,I was sitting right in front of him. Only origin game I've been to, A German mate of mine bought me the ticket. He couldn't understand why I was so apprehensive about going.

There are plenty of arguments for any of the 3 candidates (Milf, Norman, DCE, not fucking Morgan), but defense is not one of them, given Thurston is easily the worst defender amongst all those.

I think Milford would be the ideal foil for Cronk and vice versa, and this would the ideal time for him to gain experience at Origin level, learning of Smith and Cronk, which would undoubtedly also end up benefiting the Broncos.

In order of preference, I would have Milf first, then Norman, and finally DCE, whom usually plays on the same side as Cronk.

Milf isn't ready to start in Origin, only faith and optimism dictates otherwise.

DCE should start if JT can't make it. He's in good form, has waited a while for another chance and can still be his normal opportunistic self. IIRC the last time he started he played 7 and was replacing Cronk, which is a bit harder of a task as JT clearly has the license to roam in that side which i think suits DCE's game better.

Milf could get a spot on the bench if he's lucky.

Milf is easily ready to start in Origin. He'd be amazing around other great players.

Only one way to find out but I am dubious of Milf's suitability for Origin at this stage in his career.

Talented as he is, he is easily rattled and the leeway afforded in Origin would see him harassed relentlessly.

Maybe off the bench, but I think he would find a gig in the halves beyond his current measure.

I've kind of gone off origin TBH. Can't get excited about it.does anyone think the same or am I on my pat.
nah mate definitely the same as you, it's moreso because origin lasts from april - july and every week there's an article about someone playing themselves in/playing themselves out of a jersey.

Milf is easily ready to start in Origin. He'd be amazing around other great players.
As I said, you only have optimism and faith to back this up, no runs on the board. I would rather someone who has done it before like DCE.

As I said, you only have optimism and faith to back this up, no runs on the board. I would rather someone who has done it before like DCE.

DCE might have done it before, but no well.

DCE might have done it before, but no well.
DCE was fine as an interchange but struggled when he was expected to play like Cooper Cronk in a one off game.

He's also won grand finals, and unlike Milford this year, has been consistently pretty good.

Yeah DCE for me if JT is out. In good form and can handle big games. Milford is at least a year if not two off playing origin.

Yeah DCE for me if JT is out. In good form and can handle big games. Milford is at least a year if not two off playing origin.

Didn't handle origin in 2014.
Norman or Milford would be my pick

Milford handled the Grand Final very well and plays on the side Thurston usually does.

Perfect halves partner for Cronk at this stage of his career.

I just don't think Milford is ready yet, still goes missing during games and you can't hide on the origin field.

DCE is consistently a pretty good player, very handy all round and can run a team. Yeah 2014 series was a tough one but think he deserves the recall first over Milf.

Norman is also playing great footy but I just can't see him in origin, probably would be just like Pearce, great club, bog average rep.

In saying all this, Bennett will probably come out and endorse Milfords readiness, if he hasn't already. Who am I to question the great one haha.

Milford handled the Grand Final very well and plays on the side Thurston usually does.

Perfect halves partner for Cronk at this stage of his career.
Yeah, he was good 2 years ago
Since?

Hell you've only got to search the tiniest bit on this forum alone to highlight how many people have been questioning his form this year for brisbane. Cognitive dissonance when talking about origin though?

Yeah, he was good 2 years ago
Since?

Hell you've only got to search the tiniest bit on this forum alone to highlight how many people have been questioning his form this year for brisbane. Cognitive dissonance when talking about origin though?

I don't think Milford is necessarily the best option or even comes close to being as good as Thurston's ingrown toenail at the moment. I just think it could be awesome for his development. So I'm for him being there purely for the Broncos sake.

Milford is zero chance of making SOO in my opinion. Too many shortcomings, would be exposed. If not JT it will be Corey Norman. Far better defence and in great form. If Norman makes it I will not be worried about him stepping up.
I don't get it.. can ya's clear this up for me? JT played for Australia last week, why would he not be ready for SOO 1?

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • winslow_wong
  • Manifesto
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Spoon
  • Battler
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • Footy Fanatic
  • RolledOates
  • marw
  • lynx000
  • whykickamoocow
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • Allo
  • HarryAllan7
  • Fozz
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.