NRL 2022 Finals Week 3 Discussion

Taumololo complaining that he'll miss games for Tonga because of a suspension earned from a Cowboys game

“I have truly missed playing for Tonga and I am concerned that this suspension will interrupt my World Cup campaign,” Taumalolo said in a statement via his management.

“This could be my last World Cup for Tonga and I don’t want to let my teammates nor our fans down. I don’t believe I should miss out on Test matches for Tonga because of something I did playing for the Cowboys.

“I like how the (English) Premier League soccer works, where you are penalised for any indiscretion in that competition, not across other competitions.

“My suspension should count towards NRL games for the Cowboys, not penalising me for international matches at the World Cup.”
After the Tyrone may incident the nrl pretty much have to bow to him.

Would not surprise me if it comes out later that the Riff are all on peptides or calf blood or some shit. They just don't stop. They are relentless. They are 5 levels of fitness above any other team. That Edwards must run 50 km a game but wouldn't blow out a candle after 80 mins. Something fucked up happening there.

I was beginning to feel nervous about my prediction at 12-0. I thought Souths were really smart with the way they attacked Penrith. They really went after that middle third with nice flat short passes which gave them the impetus to attack Crichton and Staines. They were also using Panthers aggression against them and made sure to milk every penalty they could.

However, the Panthers are just too relentless. Souths really started to get tired around the middle and it was just enough to invite Koroisau to score. After the To'o try it was a brand new ball-game with Koroisau on the park. They're a different team with him out there and the Kenny experiment surely has to end.

Edwards was unreal at the back and his tenacity kept them in the game and help flipped it.

@Dexter

Notice how Kikau fails to maintain his feet after playing the ball?

Now compare it to this.

Fifita plays the ball correctly but since he failed to maintain his feet Atkins deemed it an incorrect play the ball.

There's been other instances as well but it's the first that comes to mind. Obviously I just remember this because as a Broncos fan it made me mald. Macca's greatest play and they took it off him.

Images 43

@Dexter

Notice how Kikau fails to maintain his feet after playing the ball?

Now compare it to this.

Fifita plays the ball correctly but since he failed to maintain his feet Atkins deemed it an incorrect play the ball.

There's been other instances as well but it's the first that comes to mind. Obviously I just remember this because as a Broncos fan it made me mald. Macca's greatest play and they took it off him.

Yep harsh call on fifi , but tech never got to his feet.
Kikau does everything right, gets to his feet plays it correctly then gets dragged over by a souths player.
Overall I thoughts Souths were beaten by a better side and their injury/suspensions told in the second half, not to mention Latrell not showing up.

I was beginning to feel nervous about my prediction at 12-0. I thought Souths were really smart with the way they attacked Penrith. They really went after that middle third with nice flat short passes which gave them the impetus to attack Crichton and Staines. They were also using Panthers aggression against them and made sure to milk every penalty they could.

However, the Panthers are just too relentless. Souths really started to get tired around the middle and it was just enough to invite Koroisau to score. After the To'o try it was a brand new ball-game with Koroisau on the park. They're a different team with him out there and the Kenny experiment surely has to end.

Edwards was unreal at the back and his tenacity kept them in the game and help flipped it.

Makes you wonder why they didn’t make Koraisau a priority re-signing and how they will go without him next year. As Broncs fans know only too well, in many ways it doesn’t matter how good the rest of your team is if your 9 is a hack.

Kikau fined.

Not surprising. It's ridiculous the NRL changed the punishment of a Grade 1 to just a fine, but under the current system, his shoulder charge was a Grade 1. There wasn't much in it. The other Panthers players in the tackle saved him from it being worse.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.