CROSS FORUM NRL 2022 Round 16 Discussion

While I agree with the sentiment I don’t think encouraging clear manipulation is the answer.
It's the NRL clear manipulation is everywhere... I need to be able to embrace it every now and then, because I never get it when the broncos are playing

Well now that the Rorters have been fucked over by the Penritherees, is Politis going to lean on his contacts to put the heat on?

May as well hand Penrith the premiership now and be done with it.

Maybe next year without Kikau and Koroisau they may come back to the pack enough to make the competition more viable. Otherwise they're just too good for every team in the competition.

Sydney showed some good signs and they can build off that performance but they still seem a year off from really troubling the top teams. With the Cheese coming next year, Walker finding his feet and Suaalii coming into his own they can trouble again. I still think they'll finish the year in the 8.

The Verrills penalty for a dangerous tackle.

Technically, it falls under the dangerous tackle category as the legs end up above the horizontal. But that's a ridiculous penalty.

did Robinson actually call out Cleary too? I only caught the end of it.

Cam smith trying to improve storms chances this year, also having a massive whinge.

What did he say?
To paraphrase panthers get all the calls. He disguised it by saying it more like “ roosters were hard done by the refs”

knowing what smith is like though I’d wager he is trying to knock down the tall poppy rather than actually sympathise with the team cooper Cronk defected to and succeeded with at the detriment to the storm.

Geez, the penalty before half-time where he basically falls face first into the turf, that was a howler of a decision, not even a case of the defender not showing a duty of care. It's Rugby League, sometimes players end up in positions that are simply unfortunate, the defender did nothing to put him in that position, they teach kids to tackle low don't they?

He basically got penalised for tackling too low and then they score off the back of that

Sutton didn't cost the Roosters the game. Penrith are just the better team and got it done in the end.

Sutton didn't cost the Roosters the game. Penrith are just the better team and got it done in the end.

They are the better team, they're the best team in the NRL, that doesn't mean they should get a free ride by the ref, some of the decisions that went against the Roosters were farcical and I hate them as much as I hate Melbourne

The one that really ticks me off is the Edrick Lee one. That was a CLEAR No try, there wasn’t even a question mark on it and it went up as a No try. How the heck does that get changed? The Titans were coming at that point and the wrong decision just killed the game off. And this was on the back of a passage of already questionable decisions against the Titans.

The one that really ticks me off is the Edrick Lee one. That was a CLEAR No try, there wasn’t even a question mark on it and it went up as a No try. How the heck does that get changed? The Titans were coming at that point and the wrong decision just killed the game off. And this was on the back of a passage of already questionable decisions against the Titans.

For mine in that game it was the Toby Sexton "knock on", how is it a knock on? maybe he knocks it on with one hand but then he knocks it back with the other and it never makes contact with a Newcastle player, the ref now has an easy out and isn't made to feel responsible for such a shitty call because of the challenge system, the ref can simply say "well if you didn't waste your challenge"..

I think that might have been the call that led up to Newcastle getting field position for the try you're speaking about, actually

For mine in that game it was the Toby Sexton "knock on", how is it a knock on? maybe he knocks it on with one hand but then he knocks it back with the other and it never makes contact with a Newcastle player, the ref now has an easy out and isn't made to feel responsible for such a shitty call because of the challenge system, the ref can simply say "well if you didn't waste your challenge"..

I think that might have been the call that led up to Newcastle getting field position for the try you're speaking about, actually

Yep you are right and it is an easy out for the ref which sucks. That whole period was like origin, totally ruined what was shaping up to be a good finish. But even the knock on call would be ok if every time a hall was dropped it was consistently called. Maybe that’s what needs to happen, you drop a ball forward or backward, it’s a knock on. Simplify the rule, I don’t know. But the current system is fundamentally broken.

Even so, I can still live with that but the Lee one is inexcusable, there is no way whatsoever that upon review, that can be called a try, the technology did what it was supposed to do and showed it was about as clear a No try as you can get. This is one of those rare times where the ref actually got it right and then the idiot in the box goes against what the technology shows anyone who isn’t blind. What is the point of the technology if you are still just going to ignore it?

Did Holbrook say anything about it?

Yep you are right and it is an easy out for the ref which sucks. That whole period was like origin, totally ruined what was shaping up to be a good finish. But even the knock on call would be ok if every time a hall was dropped it was consistently called. Maybe that’s what needs to happen, you drop a ball forward or backward, it’s a knock on. Simplify the rule, I don’t know. But the current system is fundamentally broken.

Even so, I can still live with that but the Lee one is inexcusable, there is no way whatsoever that upon review, that can be called a try, the technology did what it was supposed to do and showed it was about as clear a No try as you can get. This is one of those rare times where the ref actually got it right and then the idiot in the box goes against what the technology shows anyone who isn’t blind. What is the point of the technology if you are still just going to ignore it?

Did Holbrook say anything about it?

Like the Coates one last year where the video ref ignores the colour of the player's arms and then the NRL double down on it after the game?

The **** did I do mate?
Staring I See You GIF by QuikTrip

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • TimWhatley
  • Foordy
  • Brocko
  • Stix
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • Fitzy
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.