CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 25 Discussion

Warriors look like they’re starting to get empty in the tank. They are really benefiting from a favourable draw for them.

He's rolled that forward on the grass hasn't he??

Looked short initially then it rolled forward...

That's about as an easy of an overturn as you get

...used the grass as leverage..???? How do you even do that, Cooper....

He's rolled that forward on the grass hasn't he??

Looked short initially then it rolled forward...
Apparently rolling is fine as long as the hand goes with it and doesn't roll off the hand.

his ball carrying arm wasn't on the ground so it saves him.

...used the grass as leverage..???? How do you even do that, Cooper....
As in the if the grass isn't there then the ball would've come away from his grip ... i.e. lost it

Similar to catches in cricket where the grass assists with the player catching it

Apparently rolling is fine as long as the hand goes with it and doesn't roll off the hand.

his ball carrying arm wasn't on the ground so it saves him.
I feel like that's not correct... didn't Tago have one taken off him at the start of the year from basically the exact same thing 🤔🤔

Is it not the same as the ball 'bobbling' and coming into contact with the grass

I feel like that's not correct... didn't Tago have one taken off him at the start of the year from basically the exact same thing 🤔🤔

Is it not the same as the ball 'bobbling' and coming into contact with the grass
it rolled off his hand I'm pretty sure, which was the difference.

Yeah you can’t roll the ball along the grass regardless if the ball carrying arm doesn’t touch the ground or not or it doesn’t come away from the hand.

Yow Yeh and Chambers would like a word…

Yeah you can’t roll the ball along the grass regardless if the ball carrying arm doesn’t touch the ground or not or it doesn’t come away from the hand.

Yow Yeh and Chambers would like a word…
They changed the rule since then.

collins saving their skin there.

They changed the rule since then.
I think that rule change is when the ball is in the air.

They moved away from the attacker having to re-grip the ball if it comes loose and they only need to have a hand on the ball when it's grounded... but if it comes loose in that same situation and touched a player then it would still be a knock on.

If the ball ever comes loose and touches the ground or an opposition player in front of them then it's a knock on... I would class rolling the ball forward as coming loose.

It's the same when a player drags the ball back to them when it's on the ground. They very rarely avoid rolling it back to themselves when regaining it and it's always called a knock on

Penisinnie not able to finish the job

I think that rule change is when the ball is in the air.

They moved away from the attacker having to re-grip the ball if it comes loose and they only need to have a hand on the ball when it's grounded... but if it comes loose in that same situation and touched a player then it would still be a knock on.

If the ball ever comes loose and touches the ground or an opposition player in front of them then it's a knock on... I would class rolling the ball forward as coming loose.

It's the same when a player drags the ball back to them when it's on the ground. They very rarely avoid rolling it back to themselves when regaining it and it's always called a knock on
Coming loose requires the ball to disconnect from the hand, the only way rolling is fine is if the ball carrying hand stays on it with no separation when it happens(any slip of grip is counted as loose carry too which didn't happen), because the ball carrying arm wasn't on the ground it's not a promotion either.

That's what logic is being used here.

Imo it's stupid but I can see why this particular case allows it, there is no situation where you could call it a try without a video ref though because you need it shown slow.

As in the if the grass isn't there then the ball would've come away from his grip ... i.e. lost it

Similar to catches in cricket where the grass assists with the player catching it
Ah ok, I get ya. Just sounded like meaningless word salad to me from Mr. Cronk

Active Now

• Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.