NRL Auckland Nines

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I hope someone belts him into oblivion within the first 5 minutes...

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Joe Kilroy and Colin Scott set to announce their intentions of playing for the Broncos, seriously if they want these old farts in the comp, form a team for them to compete in it for charity, otherwise piss off.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
BekaPKdCAAAmPMk.jpg:large

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
That panthers jersey is the absolute worst. We should get the Guinness book of records in for world's ugliest jersey.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
That panthers jersey is the absolute worst. We should get the Guinness book of records in for world's ugliest jersey.

I suppose it is kind of covering that shitty Bulldogs jersey. Looks like someone ate a Bulldogs jersey and threw it back up over a Warriors jersey.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
That Panthers logo is just stupid. What were they thinking?

M

Mt Smart

BRL Player
Aug 5, 2011
I like the Knights Jersey

The colours really stand out

Eels is a great Jersey

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Warriors are the first team to name their 16 man squad for the Auckland Nines.

Jayson Bukuya
Raymond Faitala-Mariner
Glen Fisiiahi
David Fusitua
Charlie Gubb
Konrad Hurrell
Sebastine Ikahihifo
Shaun Johnson
Solomone Kata
Ngani Laumape
Tuimoala Lolohea
Sione Lousi
Suaia Matagi
Dominique Peyroux
Sam Tomkins
Carlos Tuimavave

M

Mt Smart

BRL Player
Aug 5, 2011
This is a post I drafted after seeing the Warriors team.

I've posted it on some other club websites I belong to :

The ' no names on the Warriors list there ( from the U20's ) speak of the Warriors tactics.

1) Solomone Kata ....rumored to be one of the Franchises fastest player

2) David Fusitua ....rumored to be one of the franchises fastest player

3) Glen Fisi'ahi....formerly touted as the Warriors fastest player ( before the names above joined the club ).

4) Sam Tomkins.....rumored to be the fastest fullback and possibly in the same speed bracket as the above

5) Shaun Johnson....undisputed fastest Half in the NRL

6 ) Sebastian Ikihihifo , 2nd fastest second rower at the Warriors

7 ) Jason Bukuya unknown but Quick for a secound rower

8 ) Dominique Peroux Fastest Secound rower at the Warriors

9 ) Charlie Gubb , Fastest Prop at the Warriors

10 ) Suia Matangi , hardest running prop at the Warriors

11 ) Carlos tuimavave , fastest Ultility back at the Warriors

12 ) Sione Lousi the only player who breaks the mold in terms of fastest / hardest running

13 ) Konrad Hurrell hardest Running back at the Warriors

14 ) Tuimoala Lolohea , secound fastest Half / fastest Center at the Warriors

15 ) Raymond Faitala Mariner , touted as the next Sonny Bill....just a kid ......fast secound rower with all of Williams skill set ....not the NRL work load / fitness / size experience etc.

There can be no doubt after typing all of that what the Warriors intend to do.

Play it like sevens , run fast , shred the opposition to pieces and out score them two to one.

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Raiders
Jarrod Croker (c), Reece Robinson, Mitch Cornish, Bill Tupou, Matt McIlwrick, Joel Edwards, Glen Buttriss, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Jarrad Kennedy, Mark Nicholls, Jake Foster, Lagi Setu, Mitch Cronin, Luke Bateman, Jack Ahearn, Andrew Heffernan.

Warriors
Jayson Bukuya, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Glen Fisiiahi, David Fusitua, Charlie Gubb, Konrad Hurrell, Sebastine Ikahihifo, Shaun Johnson, Solomone Kata, Ngani Laumape, Tuimoala Lolohea, Sione Lousi, Suaia Matagi, Dominique Peyroux, Sam Tomkins, Carlos Tuimavave.

Looks like Canberra isn't even remotely interested in trying to win anything, lol.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Raiders
Jarrod Croker (c), Reece Robinson, Mitch Cornish, Bill Tupou, Matt McIlwrick, Joel Edwards, Glen Buttriss, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Jarrad Kennedy, Mark Nicholls, Jake Foster, Lagi Setu, Mitch Cronin, Luke Bateman, Jack Ahearn, Andrew Heffernan.

Warriors
Jayson Bukuya, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Glen Fisiiahi, David Fusitua, Charlie Gubb, Konrad Hurrell, Sebastine Ikahihifo, Shaun Johnson, Solomone Kata, Ngani Laumape, Tuimoala Lolohea, Sione Lousi, Suaia Matagi, Dominique Peyroux, Sam Tomkins, Carlos Tuimavave.

Looks like Canberra isn't even remotely interested in trying to win anything, lol.

That's a joke of a team from the raiders, parhetic really. They should just tell then not to bother

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
This comp would have benefited a lot from having Milford play. You'd think he'd be one of the main attractions. Not having Papalii, Wighton, Lee(s) etc is disappointing too. But I guess I'll have to see what the Broncos go with before judging too harshly.

M

Mt Smart

BRL Player
Aug 5, 2011
So far the teams released are Warriors and Canberra, one serious one that probably should take it seriously have passed over the opportunity.

You have to feel for Canberra fans , It would have been unselfish of Sticky to lay on an exciting team for them to have a serious shot at winning something.

The first year of the nines was always going to be the most fragile / the great unknown.

Even if a dozen NRL sides muck around , you only need the four remaining clubs to name serious teams for the fans to feel they are getting their monies worth ( Akin to the ESL where Four teams thump the rest ).

I hope three more teams step up to the Warriors and between them they punish the brands of the others for marketing themselves as sub par in any form of the game .

Strugglers like the Raiders really can't afford to live and die by an NRL campaign sword exclusively , like I say I feel for their supporters.

A

andrewhaigh

BRL Player
Feb 11, 2009
Does anybody know which network purchased the broadcast rights to the Auckland 9's? I can't seem to find any info on where to watch it!

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Knights

Full Knights squad
1. Chanel Mata’utia
2. Jake Mamo
3. Dane Gagai
4. Joseph Leilua
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen (c)
7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Willie Mason
9. Adam Clydsdale
10. Chris Houston
11. Beau Scott
12. Robbie Rochow
13. Jeremy Smith
14. Michael Dobson
15. Alex McKinnon
16. Zane Tetevano

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Gaz
  • Painin the Haas
  • Matheos
  • Stix
  • Maroon4life
  • BruiserMk1
  • The Strapper
  • Aldo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.