NRL Auckland Nines

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Broncos just retweeted a picture of Steve Renouf saying "Say hello to @brisbanebroncos new recruit for the @nrl 9s this weekend".

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Oh please god no I hope this is just a joke nothing more, the Pearl is up there in my top 3 favourite Bronco players of all time, please don't turn the last memories in a broncos jersey into a joke, even if its just the 9's.

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
Now this comp is becoming even more of a joke.

Menzies is a fair bit less of a joke than Fittler though. At least Menzies only recently retired and is probably still reasonably match fit, but yes, I tend to agree it reduces the validity of the comp somewhat.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Funnily enough too it seems Menzies is winning the courier mail vote as to who they want to see more play in the nine's between him and Fittler.

QLD fans are still spewing over Fittler's heroics and the fact that he is a passionate Blue that is involved heavily with channel 9 and NSW origin. Despite being a proud Manly man Steve Menzies was one of the most likeable Rugby League players I've seen and I never meet one person who hated him.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Keep telling yourself that Bman...

Brad "Herp-Derp" Fitler's heroics :rofl:

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I think this tournament would suit Joseph Paulo a lot. He is arguably one of the best ball playing forwards in the comp and he has some speed in him.

Interesting to see that Willie Tonga is the captain.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Keep telling yourself that Bman...

Brad "Herp-Derp" Fitler's heroics :rofl:

I saw Fittler win many games on his own the impact he had on his own team was epic as he could get a side to play above their potential. Just look at the Roosters when he arrived in 1996, look at the results of the Roosters from 96-2004 and what happened to them after...without him the Roosters fell in a heap.

A facebook status I shared a few weeks ago

To all the idiots that have not watched Rugby League and are saying "Brad Fittler is shit," "He's Overrated," "He's not a King," please shut the **** up. Freddy was playing first grade when he was 16 years old out of school and while doing so achieved well in Year 12. Not only that, he was the Captain of Australia aged 19, played 40 games for Australia, 31 for NSW, A Golden Boot winner, and well o...ver 300 club games... Not to mention the best player of every NSW winning series receives the "Brad Fittler Medal." So fuckwits who know nothing about the game, nor have watched Fittler or Lewis or Johns or any of the greats of the game, please shut the **** up. Fittler was King and you should be privileged to be able to witness this man lace up his boots again. Age shall not weary them, Go Freddy!

Brad Fittler was one of the greatest players to ever play the game and anyone who disagrees is mentally retarted.

BroncosAlways

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
I saw Fittler win many games on his own the impact he had on his own team was epic as he could get a side to play above their potential. Just look at the Roosters when he arrived in 1996, look at the results of the Roosters from 96-2004 and what happened to them after...without him the Roosters fell in a heap.

To all the idiots that have not watched Rugby League and are saying "Brad Fittler is shit," "He's Overrated," "He's not a King," please shut the **** up. Freddy was playing first grade when he was 16 years old out of school and while doing so achieved well in Year 12. Not only that, he was the Captain of Australia aged 19, played 40 games for Australia, 31 for NSW, A Golden Boot winner, and well o...ver 300 club games... Not to mention the best player of every NSW winning series receives the "Brad Fittler Medal." So fuckwits who know nothing about the game, nor have watched Fittler or Lewis or Johns or any of the greats of the game, please shut the **** up. Fittler was King and you should be privileged to be able to witness this man lace up his boots again. Age shall not weary them, Go Freddy!

Brad Fittler was one of the greatest players to ever play the game and anyone who disagrees is mentally retarted.

Well colour me crazy ! :laugh:

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
I think this tournament would suit Joseph Paulo a lot. He is arguably one of the best ball playing forwards in the comp and he has some speed in him.

Interesting to see that Willie Tonga is the captain.

Well they signed a former test and origin centre they have to make some use out of it.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
QLD fans are still spewing over Fittler's heroics and the fact that he is a passionate Blue that is involved heavily with channel 9 and NSW origin. Despite being a proud Manly man Steve Menzies was one of the most likeable Rugby League players I've seen and I never meet one person who hated him.

No perhaps they want to see a competition live upto it's potential rather then being held back by the ego of a bloke who hasn't played for 10+ years, at least with a Menzies or other player who is either still playing or has only recently retired they haven't been out of the game for 10 or more seasons.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008

Wally Lewis is King. That's why they call him the King.

Brad Fittler is nicknamed Freddy, which is close enough to Freddo if you would like to call him a frog. But please refrain from using iconic nicknames of Queenslanders to describe Rooster scum.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

We are?

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

I was alluding to the current Brad Fitler, but don't let that stop you from going on a tangent.

He was a great player once, but now he's only a TV commentator that people barely understand and I do really hope he is going to be cut in two and smashed to pieces.
Like symbolsoup said, I can't wait to see what's left of him being carried out of the field, because it's really simply an insult to have grandpa parade around on a field with superfit NRL players trying to compete with them...

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Firstly, did you just use the ode of remembrance to describe a footy player?

Secondly, if your going to call people retarded you might want to spell it right mate

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Here's hoping he gets destroyed on his first hitup. I will like seeing Menzies play though, have always had a soft spot for the beaver, he's all class.

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • Old Mate
  • Strop
  • Midean
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosAlways
  • Browny
  • Behind enemy lines
  • teampjta
  • Justwin
  • broncs30
  • Astro
  • thenry
  • peter09
  • winslow_wong
  • Gympie devil
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.