NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Broncos fan in me is disappointed to see Parker miss out on the team, especially in favour of Watmough who while good at club level, I didn't think was as strong at representative level.

I probably would have opted for...

12. Sam Burgess
13. Corey Parker

I think the Top 5 is actually sort of ballsy and the more I think about it, the more I like it.

The 2013 Rugby League Annual hit store shelves today and if you're anything like me, one of the first sections I enjoy looking up is the Top 5 and Team of the Year.

I'd love to hear all your thoughts on these selections

Top 5
Daly Cherry Evans
Greg Inglis
Andrew Fifita
Jared Warea-Hargreaves
Sonny Bill Williams

Team
1. Greg Inglis (South Sydney)
2. Jorge Taufua (Manly)
3. Michael Jennings (Sydney)
4. Jamie Lyon (Manly)
5. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (Sydney)
6. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland)
7. Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly)
8. Jared Warea-Hargreaves (Sydney)
9. Cameron Smith (Melbourne)
10. Andrew Fifita (Cronulla)
11. Sonny Bill Williams (Sydney)
12. Anthony Watmough (Manly)
13. Sam Burgess (South Sydney)

Even if you don't agree with the team, I implore you to buy this magazine. Great resource which becomes more valuable as time goes on.
Agreed, I have all of these since 2004. Naturally, the 2006 one with Webcke on the cover is the standout.

The Broncos fan in me is disappointed to see Parker miss out on the team, especially in favour of Watmough who while good at club level, I didn't think was as strong at representative level.

I probably would have opted for...

12. Sam Burgess
13. Corey Parker

I think the Top 5 is actually sort of ballsy and the more I think about it, the more I like it.
Agreed. Parker deserves the lock spot, and the only spot Burgess could get is Watamong's, who shouldn't have been there in the first place...

[TWEET]418521016407572481[/TWEET]

Edit Added tweet tags and ID.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

At least his going to a Queensland club, particularly the Cowboys, could have been worse, could have been south of the border.

I hate the cowboys as much as I do Souths and Manly, **** of a fanbase who don't deserve shit.

Eh, why is that?

Cowboys win = best team in the world, Omg Thurston you are awesome we love you.
Cowboys lose = I don't care I don't even follow them, Thurston is a stupid (racial slur) who shouldn't be allowed in public.

The amount of times I witness so called fans trying to get in fights with Cowboy players at clubs is stupid, all except one player constantly held their heads high and left when the shit started.

While most fanbases to turn when their club isn't performing, Cowboy fans take it a little far.

Cowboys win = best team in the world, Omg Thurston you are awesome we love you.
Cowboys lose = I don't care I don't even follow them, Thurston is a stupid (racial slur) who shouldn't be allowed in public.

The amount of times I witness so called fans trying to get in fights with Cowboy players at clubs is stupid, all except one player constantly held their heads high and left when the shit started.

While most fanbases to turn when their club isn't performing, Cowboy fans take it a little far.

I agree with char. I have a real soft spot for the cowboys team but I have not met a cowboys fan that is different to what char has described

Decided to move this here since I wanted to have a say and didn't want to clog up the Player Movement thread.

I like the Cowboys, easily my second team in the competition and admire what the fans have been through, especially in the late 90s-early 00 era. However, a fair chunk of them are anti-Broncos and constantly walk around with a chip on their shoulder. One of them in particular seems to have a massive beef with PWA.

The way they carried on after the finals this year was an embarrassment.

Decided to move this here since I wanted to have a say and didn't want to clog up the Player Movement thread.

I like the Cowboys, easily my second team in the competition and admire what the fans have been through, especially in the late 90s-early 00 era. However, a fair chunk of them are anti-Broncos and constantly walk around with a chip on their shoulder. One of them in particular seems to have a massive beef with PWA.

The way they carried on after the finals this year was an embarrassment.

^^^THIS^^^

Little brother will always be little brother.

I find the Gold Coast Titans fans worse tbh, but maybe that's cause I live here and subjected to their crap every league discussion amongst the fans I know or met.

The better question is, is there a fanbase we should like?

I do know a few Cowboys and Titans fans personally and they are good sports and the banter is friendly but as what Pete said a good share of them criticise the Broncos for no good reason other than they are just jealous of our success and the premierships we've won.

There was some guy who was a Titans fan when I was at High-School who used to bash the Broncos every time he would see me. One day after his anti-Broncos rant I simply said "Mate I would love to make a comment but I'm to busy admiring the trophy cabinet what's in the Titans one may I ask". Kapow he never dared to take me on again after that :takdir:

My two closest friends support differing clubs, the Cowboys and the Sharks. Both are passionate and long suffering ! However they are good fans. A big chunk of my family support the Cows being Townsville residents, they too are one eyed and parochial yet conduct themselves well. It's hot up there, people drink too much and get a little crazy but my guess is most supporters are pretty good, no better or worse than us. It's easy for us though, we have much to be proud of, how hard would it be to support the Cows, Cronulla or god forbid, Parramatta !!!!

Surprised he got jail time. Before people jump down my throat, I don't remember too much of the incident. I thought it was just assault ie a bit of a scuffle. Must have been pretty bad then? Good to see that he didn't escape punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Horseheadsup
  • Jazza
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hoof Hearted
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Sproj
  • Porthoz
  • lynx000
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Behind enemy lines
  • bb_gun
  • Fitzy
  • Lostboy
  • Skyblues87
  • Morkel
  • BruiserMk1
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.