NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Distant cousins according to the Australian.

Whatever that means.

Unable to post a link but Luke O'Donell has announced his retirement. Now all the Balmaim Tigers have retired I would think (O'donnel played 3 games for Balmain)

Unable to post a link but Luke O'Donell has announced his retirement. Now all the Balmaim Tigers have retired I would think (O'donnel played 3 games for Balmain)

Grub of a player but he played some fine games.

He was a great buy for the Woosters this year. Pretty much was easily their 3rd best prop after JWH and Moa (another buy).

His experience was vital for the Roosters this year and turned out to be a good buy for a minimum wage.

Always thought of O'Donell as a real tough as nails guy that took no prisoners and played with an aggressive attitude. He could pull of some huge tackles.

Reading through some old Big Leagues before I pack them away in storage.

From the R1 2006 edition, there's a piece on Todd Lowrie and how he grew up idolising Wally Lewis and although he was being shifted to the backrow, he wanted to improve and put his ball skills to good use.

Sort of funny how it'd come full circle for him.

Reading a lot of other stuff Broncos related stuff. We lost a ton of weight in the pre-season and the big drama heading in was the dumping of Parker & Thorn in reserve grade. Webcke wrote a piece on it in his feature that he used to have where he expressed how surprising it was to see two of the better trainers dumped - apparently it was due to trial form and Thorn made sure to sit down and analyse the footage of his performance.

His experience was vital for the Roosters this year and turned out to be a good buy for a minimum wage.

Always thought of O'Donell as a real tough as nails guy that took no prisoners and played with an aggressive attitude. He could pull of some huge tackles.

To be honest I wouldn't of minded if we threw him a cheap deal, he would only boast our pack. Bring some mongrel back.

I wouldn't be able to stop the gag reflex every time I saw that grub wearing the proud Broncos jersey!

Not sure what this means but Ian Schubert has pulled the pin.

Salary Cap Auditor Ian Schubert has announced his resignation from the NRL after 18 years as one of the most influential figures in the game.

One of the stars of one of the most memorable Grand Final winning teams in history, Jack Gibson's 1975 Roosters, a veteran of 272 first grade games at the Roosters, the Magpies and the Sea Eagles and a two-time Kangaroo tourist, Ian was one on the most exciting players in the game.

For all of that success, his contribution as a football administrator was equally significant and brought fans just as much excitement.

With the formation of the NRL, Ian was given the role of managing the Salary Cap in the aftermath of the Super League war and unsustainable player payments.

What followed was an era of unprecedented excitement in terms of the closeness of the competition and the genuine hope fans had that their team could win on any weekend.
Salary cap boss Schubert resigns - NRL.com

NRL General Discussion Thread

Good, he was useless.

Best remembered for uncovering the Storm salary cap scandal.

Put down the crack pipe Bman ......O'donnel is nothing but a grub !!!

Tough as nails.....geezus christ !!!

What a joke !!! :laugh:

Best remembered for uncovering the Storm salary cap scandal.

Hardly. He is useless as I said. He had to be tipped off. They ruined the competition for 5 years because he couldn't do his job. Its a shame that he wasn't replaced way earlier.

The 2013 Rugby League Annual hit store shelves today and if you're anything like me, one of the first sections I enjoy looking up is the Top 5 and Team of the Year.

I'd love to hear all your thoughts on these selections

Top 5
Daly Cherry Evans
Greg Inglis
Andrew Fifita
Jared Warea-Hargreaves
Sonny Bill Williams

Team
1. Greg Inglis (South Sydney)
2. Jorge Taufua (Manly)
3. Michael Jennings (Sydney)
4. Jamie Lyon (Manly)
5. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (Sydney)
6. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland)
7. Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly)
8. Jared Warea-Hargreaves (Sydney)
9. Cameron Smith (Melbourne)
10. Andrew Fifita (Cronulla)
11. Sonny Bill Williams (Sydney)
12. Anthony Watmough (Manly)
13. Sam Burgess (South Sydney)

Even if you don't agree with the team, I implore you to buy this magazine. Great resource which becomes more valuable as time goes on.

Hard to argue with that side, very strong looking on paper. Not really surprising to see Souths, Easts and Manly dominate the selections, easily the best 3 teams all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Allo
  • Big Del
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Santa
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Bucking Beads
  • Justwin
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Broncosgirl
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Dash
  • Dexter
  • Financeguy
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Porthoz
  • lynx000
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.