NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i just noticed it last night while watching the game - ALL of the on-field logos apart from the main NRL one (at least i think that one excluded) are now just put on by computer! none of them are actually on the field lol. when did this start happening!?

its pretty impressive that they get it under/behind the players, but now i cant unsee it - on the far out views the logos are all there, so you see someone get tackled on a logo, then the view zooms in and its just green grass. quite jarring when youre paying attention to it.
I seriously did not notice but thanks to you I'm sure it's going to be something I won't be able to unsee once the next footy game comes up.

It is impressive that they do that though, wouldn't be easy to pull off.

So what's everyone think Dave Taylor did? I don't think hanging out in the oppositions change room after a loss is grounds for suspension lol.

I'm guessing its related to his 'fall out of bed' last year.

Maybe they got sick of his hitler haircut.

So what's everyone think Dave Taylor did? I don't think hanging out in the oppositions change room after a loss is grounds for suspension lol.

Whatever it was, I didn't think it would take Dave Taylor long to give the Titans a reason to take that type of action...

I can already hear Michael McGuire's response when he gets quizzed about it by the Sydney media tomorrow or the next day - "Dave who?"

Alll reports say it was minor and not alcohol related.

More like insubordination type of stuff I belive.

I found it funny he was in our room after the game. But if that was one of our players in the oppositions room (after being beaten by them) having fun, smiling and joking with them I'd be pissed off. Imagine if Hoffman did that, we'd crucify him.

i wasnt jumping to his defence, i was pointing out a mistake on spwns part.

SmashingHeadOnKeyboard.gif

Last edited:
I have to say, I enjoyed this week only being 3 days.

Grubby player or not, that's not much of a headslam. All the force is coming from the other Knight's player.

Grubby player or not, that's not much of a headslam. All the force is coming from the other Knight's player.

But the other player doesn't have his forearm across the tackled players face.

That's a classic headslam. Smith got what he deserved IMO.

It was a good tackle from the other Knights player, and it sort of makes Smith's efforts at being a dog not look as bad, as he can't keep up with the speed that Matt Robinson falls at - otherwise it would've been a lot uglier IMO. Intent was there, and Smith has done this sort of thing before. Deserves everything he gets.

Cant see how you can say that. Without smiths arm pushing his head down, the panthers player wouldve landed back first and had a chance to keep his head from smacking the ground at the same time. With smith putting his weight on his head he had no chance to stop his head hitting the ground

Kind of looks like Smith lost his grip, He has a hand under the player before it slides out along with the hand on top sliding with it.

Sure punish him, However I'm not willing to write him off for him.

If it wasn't Smith I'd maybe agree it wasn't intentional. I can only go by what I've seen of him in the past and what I have seen is that he's a dirty scum of a player always pushing the limits and doing grubby things in tackles. This is the kind of guy who deserved to be suspended for as long as the judiciary can justify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • bb_gun
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.