NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Did you click the link Bman?

Haha i have now. Nothing in that but you can't touch a referee so that is suspension worthy but I would've only given it a week. There was absolutely no malice in that.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Haha i have now. Nothing in that but you can't touch a referee so that is suspension worthy but I would've only given it a week. There was absolutely no malice in that.

He's only got the potential of getting 2 weeks because he's a dick with priors.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
AI the only one who doesn't rate Wighton as a Fullback? I think he's a Centre/Winger. They have an amazing lineup combination that they could use when they're healthy, but it can't happen with this Wighton experiment on-going.

1. Austin
2. Lee
3. Croker
4. Leilua
5. Wighton
6. Sezer
7. Williams

Austin would be an awesome Fullback imo.

Not so sure on Austin at the back. Think he'd be dynamic enough in attack, but I'm not sure he's got the physicality to handle the defensive side of the role. Kick returns, work under the high ball, responsibility as last line of defence? Big question marks IMO.

With you on Wighton. He's a solid player but I think they'd get as much, if not more out of him at centre. He's probably the best option they have though. Only other options in first grade I'm aware of are Waqa and Rapana. Neither of which bring any more to the table than Jack.

Morkel hit this one on the head. Innocuous enough on it's own, but Klemmer is a loose cannon with a short fuse. It's not hard to envision a scenario where he does over step the line drastically.

He's got to learn to keep his aggression in check. Klemmer could be a real star of the game but he's got some growing up to do.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Yeah unfortunately I think Slater might have to retire if he cant get that shoulder right. It would be a huge blow for the Storm.

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
Sadly I think Slater is done. I don't think they miss out on much of Munster keeps playing the way he is.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Might be time to hang up the boots I think, as much as the Storm & Maroons will miss him, I dunno whether they'll notice that much. Munster & Inglis are pretty handy replacements.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Munster definitely has the storm covered.
Who knows who they will choose for Origin. I mean they picked DCE over Hunt. I think I read Munster is banned too (like Hunt).

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
The time to buy stocks in brown paper bags is now. You can bet the Roosters have been watching how the Rabbitohs have changed since Burgess came back. They'll be doing everything they can to get SBW and/or Hayne for next year.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
While I think of it, how much better is it having Peter Badel pop up on NRL 360 compared to that ugly melon of Dobbo, massive upgrade, and much appreciated.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
TheKennel and 1EyedEel forums just got a shout out on NRL 360, where's ours Kenty?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Should have taken a page from Bennett's book and just banned the journo altogether. :laugh:

I get where Ricky is coming from but obviously that wasn't the right approach to take.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Should have taken a page from Bennett's book and just banned the journo altogether. :laugh:

I get where Ricky is coming from but obviously that wasn't the right approach to take.

I think it said it was Tinkler who banned him. Not Bennett.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Yeah don't blame them. But if it was a lawful hearing, wouldn't they be deemed as offering no defence and found guilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Xzei
  • Kev_Guz
  • Midean
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • bazza
  • Behold
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.