NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
If the Sunday Footy show pisses you off don't ever, ever watch the Thursday one. It is complete garbage.

I haven't watched it since about 2009.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
They've actually spent more time talking about TAB Sportsbet with Joel Caine than they have reviewing the games.

Honestly, I'm really disappointed. They didn't even talk about the Brisbane vs NQ game at all.

Last edited:
gordjw

gordjw

NRL Player
Jun 29, 2013
Unfortunately, if you want any kind of insight or analysis for more than 5 minutes, you'll need to subscribe to Fox.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Unfortunately, if you want any kind of insight or analysis for more than 5 minutes, you'll need to subscribe to Fox.

I have Foxtel. I usually watch NRL 360 when I can, which is pretty good. Anything else I should watch out for?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I have Foxtel. I usually watch NRL 360 when I can, which is pretty good. Anything else I should watch out for?

Despite how much Fletch and Hindy crap that's on the Matty Johns shows, they at least talk about Footy for most of the show.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Matty johns show, on the couch with stereo, the Sunday ticket, NRL today, NRL tonight.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The Titans were fined a whole 5k for having an extra man on the field

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Interesting this Will Hopoate thing of not playing on Sundays from here on... If he sticks true to this, imo he becomes unsignable.. Or at least not for anywhere near whatever his current contract is worth ..

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Interesting this Will Hopoate thing of not playing on Sundays from here on... If he sticks true to this, imo he becomes unsignable.. Or at least not for anywhere near whatever his current contract is worth ..

Pretty much, there's a period of time leading up to origin where he won't play an NRL game for something like 36 days straight, due to not playing on Sunday's and rep round etc.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
^ and what is the point of having a guy who's effectively ruled out of ever playing the very game that the everyone involved in football strives to be in?!

Im saying all this from a purely football point of view.. Good on him for being so devout to his faith

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
^ and what is the point of having a guy who's effectively ruled out of ever playing the very game that the everyone involved in football strives to be in?!

Im saying all this from a purely football point of view.. Good on him for being so devout to his faith

No problems. With Greenberg in charge, they will just move th GF to a Saturday.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
No problems. With Greenberg in charge, they will just move th GF to a Saturday.

Hehe.. Be interesting to see if there is a sudden dearth of Sunday games for the Bulldogs when next year's draw comes out

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Wait a minute, is this not playing on Sunday thing for real???

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Wait a minute, is this not playing on Sunday thing for real???

Considering he has been playing on Sundays already, I sincerely doubt he'll miss a GF for it.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Considering he has been playing on Sundays already, I sincerely doubt he'll miss a GF for it.
Yeah the article came off as a bit of a joke, ha ha he's a christian ha ha. There's no way he'd play rugby league if he didn't want to "work" on Sundays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Justwin
  • Robboi_321
  • Allo
  • Aldo
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Stix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.