NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
He's not a christian, he's a mormon.

It's weird though, plenty of high profile mormon's running around playing on Sunday's - Israel Folau, Ben Hannant etc. I wonder if he wants to be a Minister or something after football?

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
He's not a christian, he's a mormon.

It's weird though, plenty of high profile mormon's running around playing on Sunday's - Israel Folau, Ben Hannant etc. I wonder if he wants to be a Minister or something after football?
Oh right, I thought that a mormon was just a sect of christianity rather than a different religion.

But yeah on the story itself, I don't think he was actually quoted on anything so I think it's a bit of a beat up. The club wouldn't sign him if he couldn't play on Sundays.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
BREAKING: @NRL_Bulldogs forward Shaun Lane is poised to head to @NZWarriors immediately in a player swap for Raymond Faitala-Mariner #NRL

Tweet from Fairfax journo Adrian Proszenko

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
EGN95b6.jpg

Great appearance by Tom Opacic on The Footy Show tonight.. Looking a little heavy around the waist.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Darren Lockyer & Bob Fulton named lead selectors for Australia.

broncoboy

broncoboy

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2015
Darren Lockyer & Bob Fulton named lead selectors for Australia.

i have no clue who bob fulton is but i dont really think darren lockyer is a good selector he didn't even select josh mcguire for his origin side, he is too old school and tries to be loyal rather than making changes which i think we need to do

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
So Des Morris is gone?

i have no clue who bob fulton is but i dont really think darren lockyer is a good selector he didn't even select josh mcguire for his origin side, he is too old school and tries to be loyal rather than making changes which i think we need to do

You don't know you're footy if you don't know who Bob Fulton is

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014

I can't believe the ARLC decided to go with someone you don't rate and some other bloke you've never heard of despite your deep knowledge of the game. Maybe you weren't home when John Grant stopped by to get your feedback?

BroncosAlways

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Contributor
Jun 20, 2013

Bob Fulton doesn't know who you are, so it's even

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Report Parramatta Eels Anthony Watmough To Retire | NRL | Triple M

There are reports that veteran Parramatta enforcer Anthony Watmough will announce his retirement from rugby league.

Fairfax Media report "Watmough has told those close to him that he is losing his battle with a chronic knee injury and will be forced to retire immediately."

It's understood the injuries sustained over his 13-year career have taken their toll and has forced him to hang up the boots.

The representative 300-NRL game forward was a star signing for the Eels last year, offering experience to a very young forward pack. But his form was below bar, having battled injuries for most of the year.

However, this year Parramatta have no shortage of backrowers, with Beau Scott, Tepai Moeroa, Manu Ma'u and Kenny Edwards all stepping up to the plate.

Anthony Watmough played 303 NRL games (278 for Manly and 17 for Parramatta), having made his debut in 2002 with the Northern Eagles (8 games). He played 14 Origins for NSW and represented Australia in 16 tests.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
There was a story in this mornings' CM that I can't find online. Apparently Suncorp Stadium is being seriously considered to hold the 2018 and 2019 grand final.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
I wonder if any Queenslanders will turn up if it's an all Sydney affair. The general interest in the Grand Final and the finals series here in QLD really dies of when all the Queensland teams are out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • leon.bott
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • Behold
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • Foordy
  • Redfern_1980
  • Mick_Hancock
  • HarryAllan7
  • barker
  • GCBRONCO
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.