NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking it's a boring night tonight, then I remembered there's some footy to watch! :biggrin:
Roosters V Manly should be a nice game.
I want to watch it, but the missus is hogging the Foxtel box... :glare:

So Hargreaves gets tackled and loses it and the ref calls it knock on. Hargreaves has a fit
Just as the players are setting the scrum the ref calls time off and video ref overturns the ruling, saying it was high.

My only question is, where the **** was that when Tate got sent for being punched ?!?

The video referee actually deemed Tate threw a punch.

Official word was they THOUGHT they detected a Tate punch. Gee would love them on a jury

the NRL seriously needs to review it's screening process for video referees imo .. a couple of weekends ago they had Luke Patten in the box for a Tigers v Cowboys game at Leichhardt Oval .. To say the Cowboys got royally screwed by the 'General' that night would be an understatement .. and then I hear him on last weekend's abc radio call of the Tigers v Storm as the 'sideline eye' or 'expert comments' caller or whatever the **** - the guy should've just donned a black and gold leotard because he was little more than a Tigers cheerleader ..

The problem I have with video referees is the lack of consistensy.

The game Bull Shark highlights was a controversial one. I could see where Patten was coming from on the Marshall try and Graham no try reversals however, I felt like there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the original decision. Whatever space there was between Benji regathering and Ash grounding the ball was truly minimal and I feel in those situations the original decision should be respected.

Proposed changes to Sydney Olympic Park.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't polish a turd, demolish it and build a true rectangular stadium - follow the NFL's lead on how to build one.

Sydney already have a great rectangular field - Allianz Stadium. If they could renovate the stands and make it easier to access it'd give Suncorp a real run for it's money.

I can't wait for this to happen. I don't care what anyone thinks about ANZ, I love the place. Great stadium.

Why? You're so far away.

That is a huge misconception, though it does depend on where you sit I guess.

At Souths games I sit on the sideline right on the 40m mark on the tunnel side about 4 rows in front of the corporate seats and I find it a better view or at least no difference than sitting at Allianz, it is a different angle though. Plus you don't have people walking back and forth all day getting beer like you do at Allianz. I spend more time ducking and weaving trying to watch the game as people continue to walk up the aisle to get beers and food at Allianz. Roosters Rd 1, I had an ex Roosters player behind me who said to his mate (by their conversations a former player as well) "These people don't come to watch the footy".

We also sit up on level 4 due to our reciprocal rights for Bulldogs and Parramatta away matches. While slightly high, I found it no different then the time I sat up top at Suncorp. I have also sat down the bottom in one of the corners at Suncorp and I found the seats no different in viewing to my ANZ seat. I have also sat behind the goal posts for many finals and GF's and it isn't as far back as people make out, no different to sitting behind the goalposts at either Brookvale or Cronulla.

The only thing ANZ has going against it compared to Allianz is atmosphere. The only thing though is that the members I sit around don't want to chant like we used to at Allianz or even like I do. At an away game upstairs on level 4, it is GA seating. So with the different members together they cheer like anything and get behind me when I start something or follow the Burrows lead when they start singing.

I have 4 wankers that sit in front of me in my normal seat and 1 of them just bags out every time someone chants, instead of getting involved. I have been close so many times to tell him to piss off back home and watch it on TV so we can get some members who will get involved.

Plus I find the facilities to be great at ANZ compared to any other stadium - food, transport and bathrooms. Though I wish they would copy the Suncorp urinal only toilets to take heat away from the otherwise hammered cubicles. Nothing worse then needing to have a crap at the footy and there is more piss on the floor and seat then probably made it in the bowl.

Going to Allianz feels like I am going back in time. It just feels outdated compared to what I like at ANZ. Put that roof on it and people will have no excuse to not come when it rains.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Battler
  • Hurrijo
  • Kev_Guz
  • scobie
  • Aldo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BruiserMk1
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Financeguy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bb_gun
  • Bongo
  • The Boss
  • Cavalo
  • Dreaglor
  • MrTickyMcG
  • bert_lifts
  • broncos4life
  • Fitzy
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.