NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it was more some dodgy ref calls to do with a bomb in the last few mins, and then ref not calling time off/making the roosters pack a scrum which took any chance we had of winning away.

My memory of the game isn't as damning as others given I was around my NSW supporting Pop.

But basically, Broncos fans weren't happy with the penalty count which favoured the Roosters 8-0 up until the 70th minute.

The call that Bennett highlighted in his second autobiography was against McGuire. Brisbane had kicked chase down to the Roosters 20m line with McGuire making the tackle against a Chooks player. As McGuire is on the ground, Hodges grabs McGuire and aggressively throws him off the player and Casey retaliates by throwing a punch at Hodges. Penalty Roosters.

Harrigan later admitted he got the call wrong.

Got to say Broncos Insider isn't too shabby.

Does anybody else watch it?

Thought the profile piece on Macca was really good, shined a different light on him and highlighted a couple of facts I didn't know before.

eg. I didn't realise he was another Cyril Connell pick.

Missed it, what else did it say about him?

When a player is suspended is the suspension period paid or unpaid?

Missed it, what else did it say about him?

Went through his entire background including how he was originally a North Sydney fan and watched them get smashed by the Broncos in 98. Was signed by Cyril at 12 making him and Hunt two of the youngest scholarship holders in the club's history.

Then they went through his entire career from NYC to 09 to now. Brought back a lot of memories.

Then they did a piece on how his folks make a 6 hour round trip to Suncorp to watch him play and I believe one of them is a painter and they drew the Thaidays this wonderful portrait which sits in Sam's home.

A lot of fans give the program a ton of criticism but I actually find it fairly informative and worth a watch. One down side is that it is basically one huge advertisement for membership - but it's understandable.

Went through his entire background including how he was originally a North Sydney fan and watched them get smashed by the Broncos in 98. Was signed by Cyril at 12 making him and Hunt two of the youngest scholarship holders in the club's history.

Then they went through his entire career from NYC to 09 to now. Brought back a lot of memories.

Then they did a piece on how his folks make a 6 hour round trip to Suncorp to watch him play and I believe one of them is a painter and they drew the Thaidays this wonderful portrait which sits in Sam's home.

A lot of fans give the program a ton of criticism but I actually find it fairly informative and worth a watch. One down side is that it is basically one huge advertisement for membership - but it's understandable.

How many times has Cyril got it wrong? I'd wager not a lot. This can only mean the coaches have choked them and removed all willingness to improve.

Cyril's strike rate wasn't that great really. Bennett made the point that Cyril would bring in kids who didn't have a chance but would just do it out of the goodness of his own heart because he felt like these kids deserved the boost in self esteem.

Then there were total nuffies who were never going to make it in a million years. One of them was this winger from Redcliffe - Seventy Cents A Litre I think his name is?

In seriousness, I wouldn't call a player who's played over 100 NRL games a dud pick.

No, but it's the type of pick Broncos would hold onto for dear life despite the glaring issues. In all honesty, I would be happy to keep Macca if the freaking coach actually got him to work on his problems.

And that's just your opinion.

What, you wouldn't be happy to keep Macca if the coach got him to work on his problems?

No, acting like it's a fact he's a dud is an opinion though.

Yes, he has issues to fix up, who doesn't?

Jamie Soward dropped from first grade. That gave me a happy.

Cyril's strike rate wasn't that great really. Bennett made the point that Cyril would bring in kids who didn't have a chance but would just do it out of the goodness of his own heart because he felt like these kids deserved the boost in self esteem.

I wish there were more people in the world like this.

@travismeyn: BREAKING: Gold Coast Titans CEO David May has QUIT the club. Full story @GCBulletin and News Ltd websites at midnight. #NRL

Wow. What's going on down there?

Reeks of a Searle power play, he was just as bad as Cullen was for us at the end of his time here.

I was thinking it's a boring night tonight, then I remembered there's some footy to watch! :biggrin:
Roosters V Manly should be a nice game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Dee
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Redux
  • Behind enemy lines
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Galah
  • Locky24
  • bazza
  • Painin the Haas
  • Broncorob
  • Xarr
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.