NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this stage, it appears that Lyon will. Of course when they get to that age and the body starts breaking down it's difficult to know how long they'll push on but for the time being I haven't seen any indication from Jamie that he's looking to quit.

Carney at Manly would be in everybody's best interests. However if Manly were to make that signing, they'd have to know that TC will only get them so far and a contingency plan would have to be in place.

Surely Lyon won't still be around in 2016 ?

Carney would be a perfect fit or Manly, but i can't see it eventuating.
Wouldn't surprise me, think Manly are one of a handful of clubs the NRL would register Carney for, close to signing Cornish as well(a mate of Carneys )

Beau Falloon out for 6-8 weeks.

Dislocated wrist.

Skip to about the 3min mark. The free play rule after an error in the Super League is great. Would love to see it in the NRL.

Last edited by a moderator:
@josh_massoud: On @7NewsSydney tonight: Trent Barrett to take over as @SeaEagles head coach as early as next month, should Manly lose next two games.

Interesting. So, if they hate Toovey, they should run dead against us next week...

I guess at 3-9 you've given up for the season.

Once stories like that start coming out, the coach is basically done anyway. So even if they win the next two in a row and end up going on to make the finals, I'd say Toovey's finished at Manly.

What's the free play rule?

What's the free play rule?

Firstly, the advantage rule following a forward pass or a knock-on has been changed.

It is now a bit more like the way it operates in rugby union in that the referee will let play unfold if the non-offending team gets possession and, basically, see what comes of it.

If the non-offending team fail to retain possession to the next tackle, then no advantage will have been deemed to have been gained and they will get the put-in at the scrum (or the handover).

Effectively, this allows the non-offending side a ‘free play’. They may want to try something audacious, or do everything they can to keep the ball alive, or go for a kick play in the knowledge they won’t be disadvantaged.

Try’s The LImit: Rule changes and interpretation changes for the new Super League season - Liverpool Echo

That's all I could find about it.

So a team gets the ball from a knock on, they can run the length of the field, lose the ball and they will still get the ball back.. Or have I misunderstood it?

Not a rule I would like to see in the NRL.

Last edited:
So Pauli Pauli gets a Grade 1 Dangerous Contact. No weeks with a guilty plea.
That'll deter late hits on playmakers.

About time.

Although I do find it funny when we signed Milford and there was all the back flip talk was happening the NRL couldn't give a shit; fast forward to an NRL owned team going through the seesaw of this stupid fucking rule and they are all over it

Good change, much needed.

When does it start?

Anthony Watmough has announced his retirement from rep footy. And in other news, Lebron James has signed with Cleveland and Germany win the soccer World Cup

How would you feel being the Knights right now.. you start the season 4 wins in a row, everything is looking great..

Now they're sitting 12th and the spine they're currently playing with is..

1. Gagai
6. Tuimavava
7. Gidley
9. Clydsdale

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Galco
  • Brocko
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • broncoscope
  • Mr Fourex
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • Maddy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Manlyman
  • jd87
  • Inknition
  • Dony Eliakim
  • The Don
  • Morkel
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncs30
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.