NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the usual semi final order ? Do the top 4 play first etc?

If I remember correctly, 2 vs 3 on friday night. 1 vs 4 on Sunday and the knock outs are Saturday night.

If I remember correctly, 2 vs 3 on friday night. 1 vs 4 on Sunday and the knock outs are Saturday night.
Definitely not 1v4 on Sunday. The two qualifying finals are on Friday and Saturday.

Definitely not 1v4 on Sunday. The two qualifying finals are on Friday and Saturday.

Yeah, you're probably right. I always think of Sunday arvo being the premium time slot but an extra two days rest is a bit of a leg up.

I'd assume 1 vs 4 would be Friday then.

Does anyone know the usual semi final order ? Do the top 4 play first etc?
Had a look the other night and it's 1v4 Friday & 2v3 Saturday 2nd game

Yeah, you're probably right. I always think of Sunday arvo being the premium time slot but an extra two days rest is a bit of a leg up.

I'd assume 1 vs 4 would be Friday then.
Yeah think it's usually 6-7 on Sunday

Good interview with Moose McGuire in the CM.

Talks about his recent suspensions for sledging but what I found more interesting was his explanation for why he left the Broncos.

I presumed he left solely for the cash. While that played a role and he regrets that decision, it was because Bennett was being forced out and it opened up a clause in his contract.

He's a contentious figure on here, but he was one of my favourite Broncos of the 2010s.

Good interview with Moose McGuire in the CM.

Talks about his recent suspensions for sledging but what I found more interesting was his explanation for why he left the Broncos.

I presumed he left solely for the cash. While that played a role and he regrets that decision, it was because Bennett was being forced out and it opened up a clause in his contract.

He's a contentious figure on here, but he was one of my favourite Broncos of the 2010s.

Moose is a complex character. He's a better bloke then he gets portrayed as.

Yup I have absolutely no issue with McGuire as well. He always put in 100% for us, gave us a bit of mongrel in a time that we needed that and was in general a pretty important player for us for a number of years.

It all went sour by the end there but unlike some other players in similar situations, I always got the feeling there was more to it and just can't bring myself to dislike him at all.

I'm glad the NRL have the Warriors and Panthers playing at 4pm on the Saturday compared to what usually happens with the 2nd qualifying final. Was the least they could do for the Warriors after Covid.

360 pretty spicy right now. James Graham and Buzz going at it.

James Graham is one of the best in the business. That show would go to a new level if he was the actual regular. Some things you might not agree on but he can explain his points extremely well.

360 pretty spicy right now. James Graham and Buzz going at it.

Sometimes I wonder if Buzz listens to what he says.

Graham saying Davey was unhappy and left the Bulldogs because he thought he was going to be a walk up starter, but he got the shits that Jacob Preston outperformed him and embarrassed him.

Buzz: Well why didn't he tell me he was embarrassed?

I'm with Tallis on this one, who the **** is going to admit that they didn't work hard enough? No one, they're going to blame everyone else which is exactly what Davey did.

I'm glad the NRL have the Warriors and Panthers playing at 4pm on the Saturday compared to what usually happens with the 2nd qualifying final. Was the least they could do for the Warriors after Covid.

Can see NZ getting knocked out in straight sets, they've had a great year but they've also had a great draw.

Can't see them beating Penrith then they'll more than likely have to beat Newcastle, it will be a home game for them but still, Newcastle are flying.

Sometimes I wonder if Buzz listens to what he says.

Graham saying Davey was unhappy and left the Bulldogs because he thought he was going to be a walk up starter, but he got the shits that Jacob Preston outperformed him and embarrassed him.

Buzz: Well why didn't he tell me he was embarrassed?

I'm with Tallis on this one, who the **** is going to admit that they didn't work hard enough? No one, they're going to blame everyone else which is exactly what Davey did.
Probably, but the lengths Graham and Anasta went to to defend the shit show that is Canterbury was pathetic when you look at their track record of sniping at other clubs.

Probably, but the lengths Graham and Anasta went to to defend the shit show that is Canterbury was pathetic when you look at their track record of sniping at other clubs.

They both have ties with the club so I imagine they have a good idea on what's going on behind closed doors.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's quite a bit of exaggeration with the media reports about the issues at the club and this is simply a group of players that can't hack it and can't put in the work needed to turn the culture around.

They both have ties with the club so I imagine they have a good idea on what's going on behind closed doors.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's quite a bit of exaggeration with the media reports about the issues at the club and this is simply a group of players that can't hack it and can't put in the work needed to turn the culture around.
Have you seen them play this year? I think it’s glaringly obvious there’s issues.

Have you seen them play this year? I think it’s glaringly obvious there’s issues.

I understand a lot of the boys prefer partying to doing what it takes. They like playing up a bit on their travels - the night before games as well as the night after.

Not saying any other club is immune from that but I guess when you're underachieving, everything is in the spotlight a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Allo
  • Wild Horse
  • Battler
  • Painin the Haas
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • whykickamoocow
  • winslow_wong
  • Manifesto
  • Lurker
  • bb_gun
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncos4life
  • Brocko
  • pagey
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.