NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen them play this year? I think it’s glaringly obvious there’s issues.

There are issues, but doesn't necessarily mean the issue is with Ciraldo and his methods.

Look at how we were when Kevvie first took over. We of all people should know how much influence toxic players can have on a team and funnily enough one of those players is at the Bulldogs.

There are issues, but doesn't necessarily mean the issue is with Ciraldo and his methods.

Look at how we were when Kevvie first took over. We of all people should know how much influence toxic players can have on a team and funnily enough one of those players is at the Bulldogs.
It does appear to be a similar case......

Any time I hear something about players crying about the coach, there's problems in the playing ranks for mine.

TPJ is poison......

best thing he has done for RL is quit the game.

End of the day it was agenda vs agenda.

Rothfield wants players to be open with him and put their name next to a quote, James Graham.. he’s an old hard headed NRL player who made a name for himself through earning the respect of his teammates and opposition the tough way, not because he said all the right things.

Can see NZ getting knocked out in straight sets, they've had a great year but they've also had a great draw.

Can't see them beating Penrith then they'll more than likely have to beat Newcastle, it will be a home game for them but still, Newcastle are flying.
Their draw was normal compared to others when you look at it. We couldn't take advantage of an easier draw. Credit to them. They deserved a change of luck. I think they have been cruising. Few guys were busted for a few weeks. This week is a horrible matchup for them but I think they can win their home game. Forward pack could really get it over the Knights if that is the team they play.

They both have ties with the club so I imagine they have a good idea on what's going on behind closed doors.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's quite a bit of exaggeration with the media reports about the issues at the club and this is simply a group of players that can't hack it and can't put in the work needed to turn the culture around.
What record does Graham have at sniping at other clubs. I must have missed it.

Sometimes I wonder if Buzz listens to what he says.

Graham saying Davey was unhappy and left the Bulldogs because he thought he was going to be a walk up starter, but he got the shits that Jacob Preston outperformed him and embarrassed him.

Buzz: Well why didn't he tell me he was embarrassed?

I'm with Tallis on this one, who the **** is going to admit that they didn't work hard enough? No one, they're going to blame everyone else which is exactly what Davey did.
I agree but bias goes both ways, it’s pretty rich to say Davey shouldn’t be believed because no one would admit they didn’t work hard enough while suggesting that Graham’s version of events be accepted ignoring the clear bias that would be there as he is a former player and current member of staff at the dogs.

They both have ties with the club so I imagine they have a good idea on what's going on behind closed doors.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's quite a bit of exaggeration with the media reports about the issues at the club and this is simply a group of players that can't hack it and can't put in the work needed to turn the culture around.
Yeah they do have ties to the club that also means they are most likely running the agenda for it. No doubt a lot of these players may be soft but there are a lot of them. I have never seen a club and coach that has underperformed this much be so vicariously defended by the media which is pretty odd if you ask me.

End of the day it was agenda vs agenda.

Rothfield wants players to be open with him and put their name next to a quote, James Graham.. he’s an old hard headed NRL player who made a name for himself through earning the respect of his teammates and opposition the tough way, not because he said all the right things.
Exactly this.

I mean I couldn’t care less about Canterbury but this whole attack from Graham has been pretty over the top and I say that as one of his biggest fans.

Also whoever this kid is that left training and is seeking mental health support just leave him the **** alone. Every NRL show brings up the incident again and again and the line now is well he came back to training for the rest of the week, like no-one has ever thought the could cope with something and despite trying realised they couldn’t.

I mean these guys will all jump on the R U OK day bandwagon so they can get their good guy points but will still put the boot in repeatedly when someone has said they are seeking mental health support.

I have a high opinion of James, but that's a really poor smear. Why would Andrew Davey be upset Jacob Preston was picked him over him when he missed the first month of NRL with a concussion?

Unless that was a cover-up it just screams of a deflection.

If it was a cover-up, it only adds more fuel to the fire. Keep in mind, Davey was signed before Ciraldo accepted the job.

Buzz should generally be ignored, but it's more true when Gould is involved. They absolutely hate each other, and Buzz will always attack him. You saw on 360 after the comments about Davey not being picked, Buzz asked who recruited them, and turned the discussion from coaching to poor recruitment.

I mean these guys will all jump on the R U OK day bandwagon so they can get their good guy points but will still put the boot in repeatedly when someone has said they are seeking mental health support.

What annoys me is people openly rip and shred into people with mental health, until they top themselves. Then everything changes.

It doesn't matter to me that James Graham has a few issues of his own, it's like he was trying to vindicate himself so he could get on the attack by stating he suffers from depression and anxiety himself. It affects people differently. Personally I have BPD but I would never say "as a sufferer of BPD".. and then go on to stick it in to someone else who has BPD. I know it's different for me than it would be for someone else.

Yeah they do have ties to the club that also means they are most likely running the agenda for it. No doubt a lot of these players may be soft but there are a lot of them. I have never seen a club and coach that has underperformed this much be so vicariously defended by the media which is pretty odd if you ask me.
Ricky Stuart and the Raiders come to mind. He is never hauled to account for his actions. What he did at the eels was arguably one of the worst things a coach can do to a club and he gets a free pass. Anyway….

Sometimes I wonder if Buzz listens to what he says.

Graham saying Davey was unhappy and left the Bulldogs because he thought he was going to be a walk up starter, but he got the shits that Jacob Preston outperformed him and embarrassed him.

Buzz: Well why didn't he tell me he was embarrassed?

I'm with Tallis on this one, who the **** is going to admit that they didn't work hard enough? No one, they're going to blame everyone else which is exactly what Davey did.

Why would he be lazy now though? He worked hard to make his debut at 27- played 56 Cup games and 30 NSW Cup games.

Lazy doesn't fit his career? He would have given up a long time ago if he didn't work hard.

Buzz should have asked that question.

It doesn't matter to me that James Graham has a few issues of his own, it's like he was trying to vindicate himself so he could get on the attack by stating he suffers from depression and anxiety himself. It affects people differently. Personally I have BPD but I would never say "as a sufferer of BPD".. and then go on to stick it in to someone else who has BPD. I know it's different for me than it would be for someone else.

Yeah, this was the point at which I lost all respect for Graham. Absolutely disgusting to pull the, 'Well I've had issues too so I get I free pass to rip into this bloke' line.

It's a funny thing that a lot of people can't seem to grasp - two things can be true at once. It may be that Davey was unhappy with how things turned out at the Dogs, but that doesn't mean his opinion of the coach is not genuine.

It's early to be writing off Ciraldo, but it's obvious there are issues there. Recruitment is partially to blame if they've brought in the wrong type of player for his system. It'll be interesting to see if they have the conviction to blow it up again, cut out the cancer, and build a roster that can win under him... or if they just hold tight, finish about the same next year, and sack him mid-2025 when there's no improvement.

Yeah, this was the point at which I lost all respect for Graham. Absolutely disgusting to pull the, 'Well I've had issues too so I get I free pass to rip into this bloke' line.

I haven't seen all of the interviews, but when did Graham rip into the player suffering from mental health?

Classic move by Gus sending all his doggies boys to volunteer at a foodbank/shelter instead of a mad monday session.

Takes some heat off their poor performance, put a good news story in the papers and probably sends them for mad Tuesday behind closed doors today to make up for it. The narrative for the whole off season remains "dogs forgo mad monday, set for massive pre-season".

Be interesting to see if the dogs stay a mess next year if the heat starts to come onto Gus or does it go onto Ciraldo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Alec
  • Allo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Scdeac
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Skathen
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
  • Brocko
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Robboi_321
  • Waynesaurus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncos4life
  • Wild Horse
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.