NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking only for myself, but I was commenting on the “what we’ve sacrificed to stay together” bullshit.

Fair enough, that is bullshit

You sacrifice nothing if you just delay your payments

So apparently DCE wasn't expected to train because he had just returned from touring in the off season. I think Watmough expected him to return early even though he was told by the coaching staff he was fine to have a break. Two sides to everything I guess.

Mbye to the Tigers after Saturday's game and Woods to the Sharks is a big chance as well (according to mole)

Idk how the Sharks can possibly afford Woods, he's on good money and they've got a pretty stacked / overpaid roster as it is, Bulldogs must be paying at least half of his salary just to piss him off.

Last edited:
Nein ran a story saying Corey Norman to the Tits is a thing.

I know a certain joint that will certainly be glad he is on the coast.

Won't say because I'm not allowed to.

After listening to the podcast I have no doubt that Watamong wanted DCE to wait and get his payday later.
DCEs manager correctly acting in his clients interests wanted an upgrade.

If I was DCE I would have listened to my manager and more than likely other people trusted. Why wait for the big payday when you could blow out a knee or have some career ending injury.

No doubt he comes across as a self centered greedy little **** but how many of those players who expected him to wait would have stepped up to help if he did get a bad injury.

Didn't Watmough sign with Parra for 3 or 4 years with bad knees with no chance of seeing out his contract?
Where was his club first mantra then?

Fucking hypocrite of the first order if you ask me

ANTHONY Watmough and the Parramatta Eels are headed for a $1.2 million legal showdown, with the former Test forward prepared to return to pre-season training in order to receive his promised career-ending injury payout.
Watmough was in shock this week when he discovered Parramatta is attempting to operate outside the Collective Bargaining Agreement by offering him a reduced figure, ‘significantly less’ than the value of his $1.2 million contract.
Watmough was forced into premature retirement this season with a debilitating knee injury, just 12 months into his four-year deal, worth around $750,000 a season, with the Eels.
Much to their frustration, the Eels have been forced to cover the seven-figure sum after QBE rejected any insurance payout last month by deeming Watmough’s injury as pre-existing.

Last edited:
Yeah, it doesn't put Watmough in a particularly good position to lash out like he has.

Badel is reporting that while Norman has been shopped to the Titans with the Eels prepared to subsidise his contract, the Titans aren't interested due to his off field history

they also can't afford his reported 900k a year wage, even with a subsidy

Last edited:
Badel is reporting that while Norman has been shopped to the Titans with the Eels prepared to subsidise his contract, the Titans aren't interested due to his off field history

they also can't afford his reported 900k a year wage, even with a subsidy

Lolz at the Titans pretending they have standards.

900k for Norman? And people are still calling for these fucking useless clubs to be bailed out and looked after. FMD.

Woods to the Sharks is a big chance as well (according to mole)

Idk how the Sharks can possibly afford Woods, he's on good money and they've got a pretty stacked / overpaid roster as it is, Bulldogs must be paying at least half of his salary just to piss him off.

that's apparently off now as the Sharks and Bulldogs couldn't agree on how much of his contract would be paid by the Bulldogs ...

another rumour that is doing the rounds is that Farah could return to the Tigers before June 30

that's apparently off now as the Sharks and Bulldogs couldn't agree on how much of his contract would be paid by the Bulldogs ...

another rumour that is doing the rounds is that Farah could return to the Tigers before June 30
So Ivan Cleary might be available soon?

900k for Norman is sickening, but it looks like value compared to Taylor's 1.2 given what he's producing (stinkers)

Farah is still very good, he's wasted in reserve grades. It would be an excellent pick up for the Tigers, and I don't think he'll be the same disruptive player he used to be. Everyone grows up.

Farah is still very good, he's wasted in reserve grades. It would be an excellent pick up for the Tigers, and I don't think he'll be the same disruptive player he used to be. Everyone grows up.

He filled in quite nicely when Cook was out.

Had his bad moments, as you would expect for someone that's been playing in reserve grade for most of the year, but for the most part he was very good and slotted in quite nicely. The Rabbitohs attack was still just as lethal.

Farah would be a good pick up for the Tigers. The options they already have just aren't that good. They are solid, but that's about it.

He hasn't been disruptive at the Rabbitohs so I can't see him being an issue on that front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.