NRL Players and family members in hot water

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Still confused as to why he could play out 2014 after already pleading guilty. Didn't Souffs cover up another incident in the last few years?

Because Souths needed to win this year

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Inb4 he is lining up Rd 1 2015 because he did some fucking course and wrote out 'I must not hit girls' 10 times

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Just ban him the whole year, 22 rounds is not good enough.
Or make it two years when it hits round 21, just to really piss him off.

Last edited:
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Do players like this get paid when suspended?

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Good read on a case that was manipulated and spun by sections of the media driving an agenda. Made it very difficult for balance and facts to get through.
Sports media in Australia is an absolute shambles. It's not reporting, it's purely sensationalistic tabloid made up shit, based on rumour and innuendo.

Does anyone take Slothfield, Richie or Weidler seriously, just to name a few people who are an offence to the journalistic profession?

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Sports media in Australia is an absolute shambles. It's not reporting, it's purely sensationalistic tabloid made up ****, based on rumour and innuendo.

Does anyone take Slothfield, Richie or Weidler seriously, just to name a few people who are an offence to the journalistic profession?
Unfortunately, people do take what Rothfield says seriously, that's why a lot of them spent the week convinced that there was a NRL cover-up. That roar article included things that rothfield deliberately left out so that he could mislead and outrage readers into believing there was a cover-up in effort to continue his agenda against Smith for penalising Gallen. It may only be sports writing but these are peoples livelihoods and reputations hes playing with and a serious issue deserves a serious journalist. The NRL's response was measured and appropriate imo.

Last edited:
ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
745698-d737c8ea-7221-11e4-88b3-d01681304e8c.jpg

South Sydney Rabbitohs are facing a PR crisis.

THE South Sydney Rabbitohs are expected to tear up the contract of rising star Cody Walker if he’s found guilty in the latest example of a rugby league player charged with a domestic violence assault.
In a potential public relations disaster, the Rabbitohs informed the NRL of the incident a fortnight ago when rugby league’s governing body was in damage control over the Kirisome Auva’a assault case.
Walker, 24 and yet to make his NRL debut, has been suspended by the Rabbitohs indefinitely pending the outcome of court proceedings.
The NRL on Saturday night released a statement supporting the Rabbitohs’ course of action.
“The Integrity Unit will continue to work with Souths to review all the information, including the criminal allegations and the player’s previous conduct, to reach the game’s final response to the matter,” the statement read.
“The NRL has made it clear that there is no place for domestic violence in our game, and will respond accordingly.”
NSW police have charged Walker with common assault and stalk or intimidate intending to cause fear or physical or mental harm.
Full story in tomorrow’s Sunday Telegraph
Originally published as Cody Walker faces axe over assault claims

And on it goes. Will they ever learn?

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
I expect better from Bird. Being from Cronulla I would have thought he knew that's what his mouth was for.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Yeah man.

Sitting reading the paper on Sunday morning (before this latest development was made), saw the wedding photo and went, "that poor woman." My mum said she thought the exact same thing.

Not even a sneaky laneway piss. What an idiot. But we all knew that.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Seriously just what the ****. I just don't understand why someone would do something so stupid.

Julian O'Neill still takes the cake for public peeing and stupid behavior.

Who cares. Is Julian O'neill still currently playing?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I don't understand how anyone would be like "Oh I just got married, I'm on my honeymoon. Let's piss on a cop car". The NRL should sack him. Pissing on a cop car is worse than pissing on Todd Carney. Plenty of people respect one and the other is Todd Carney. Plus it's not his first strike. What a dick head.

At least this time Bird refrained from slashing the face of his girl with a broken glass.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • Cavalo
  • Santa
  • The Don
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Porthoz
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.