NRL Players and family members in hot water

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Stay classy Bird, your bride must be so proud.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
10658698_803347396378426_3828421442877526746_o.jpg

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
BIRD BREAKS HIS SILENCE ON POLICE CAR URINATION | Rugby League Week

TITANS captain Greg Bird has opened up about his public urination charge describing the incident as a “stupid and dumb thing to do”.Bird, who fronted the awaiting media on the Gold Coast, was extremely remorseful after he was issued with an infringement notice on Monday for urinating on a police car in Byron Bay while on his honeymoon, one day after his wedding.
“After getting married on Saturday my wife and I caught up with friends and family for dinner at the Beach Hotel, after which we went to our car parked down near the beach adjacent to a police car,” Bird said.
POLICE ISSUE GREG BIRD WITH INFRINGEMENT NOTICE
“I stupidily and regretfully went to the toilet between the two cars.
“I realise it was a stupid and dumb thing to do but I really want to emphasise the fact that I didn’t intend to offend anybody and I definitely didn’t do it on the car.
“I’d like to apoligise to the club and its fans and anybody I may have offended, and especially my wife Beccy . . . it’s put a real dampener on our wedding weekend and I’m incredibly embarrassed and annoyed at myself.”
Bird did also go on to confirm he had been drinking at the time.
“Yes, I had, had a few drinks at dinner,” Bird admitted.
Titans CEO Graham Annesley said the incident was extremely embarrassing for both the club and the player with a meeting scheduled later this week to determine the player’s punishment.
“Obviously this is very embarrassing from the club’s perspective, it’s unacceptable from the club’s perspective,” Annesley said.
“We’ll continue to work with the NRL and hold a club disciplinary meeting later this week so we follow due process.”
Annesley failed to shoot down the possibility of potentially sacking Bird from the club.

hehe. Damp.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Greg 'The Dampener' Bird

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The same thing that happened to Carney, should happen to Bird..

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Surely they won't sack him for taking a piss next to a car and getting spray on the car.

But then, it's Bird, so I hope they sack him.

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
So he reckons he pissed between the cop car and another car. Giving him the benfit of the doubt, and assuming this is true, it's hardly the crime of the century. Sure it's a bit grubby and he should have found a toilet (plus if you were going to piss in a place you shouln't, would you really do it next to a police car), but is it really newsworthy?

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Greg Bird is in hot water for urinating in a car park. He is in trouble with his NRL club.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
So he reckons he pissed between the cop car and another car. Giving him the benfit of the doubt, and assuming this is true, it's hardly the crime of the century. Sure it's a bit grubby and he should have found a toilet (plus if you were going to piss in a place you shouln't, would you really do it next to a police car), but is it really newsworthy?

It's newsworthy if it gets all the soccermums watching it.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Jamii Hopoate has been jailed for at least a year over a drunken assault.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
One year doesn't seem like enough based on that article's description of events. I hope the NRL ban him for life.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Mr Fourex
  • Scorchie
  • Tim K
  • Rambstien
  • Stix
  • mystico
  • sooticus
  • lynx000
  • Rough and Ready
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jazza
  • Fitzy
  • broncotville
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.