NRL Players and family members in hot water

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
And, given the current focus on the whole issue of sexual misconduct, I would be very concerned if I were JDB.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Keep in mind, not one of us sat in the jury to hear all the details.
Everything here is speculation based on information we are getting through sites and organizations that thrive and profit from clicks and sensationalism.

Its asinine to sit here and make assumptions or accusations based on the very limited information we have however damning it may sound as reported by the news outlets.

I am certain that the information present in the court is what lead to the result and JH would have the money to hire bloody good lawyers and if they couldn't wrangle him out of the situation he is in, then be assured there is some pretty damning evidence we are not privy to.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I have no doubt the case has been investigated thoroughly and there's plenty of reasons to consider her testimony has been closely scrutinised. No matter what a jury believes there isn’t a guarantee that the story believed is necessarily true. Many people have been convicted after a jury trial yet later were proven innocent. If Hayne is definitely guilty then throw the book at him.

I know we have an incomplete story but some things don't seem to gell. I know @lynx000 you're not picking on me and my view certainly isn't popular on here. Some seem to think I'm victim blaming but I'm not trying to blame her. I cannot help but wonder why someone injured didn't go to hospital. In some instances I can see why an assault wasn't reported by the victim and then is reported at a later date.

I'm also struggling with the absence of certainty. I'm sorry if people believe I have a beef with her but I have a strong belief that guilt must be all but certain before a person's freedom and liberty is removed. As I don't have all the facts I'll say no more on the subject.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Quite clearly they found him guilty for suggesting a sing a long to Ed Sheeran, and rightly so

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I have no doubt the case has been investigated thoroughly and there's plenty of reasons to consider her testimony has been closely scrutinised. No matter what a jury believes there isn’t a guarantee that the story believed is necessarily true. Many people have been convicted after a jury trial yet later were proven innocent. If Hayne is definitely guilty then throw the book at him.

I know we have an incomplete story but some things don't seem to gell. I know @lynx000 you're not picking on me and my view certainly isn't popular on here. Some seem to think I'm victim blaming but I'm not trying to blame her. I cannot help but wonder why someone injured didn't go to hospital. In some instances I can see why an assault wasn't reported by the victim and then is reported at a later date.

I'm also struggling with the absence of certainty. I'm sorry if people believe I have a beef with her but I have a strong belief that guilt must be all but certain before a person's freedom and liberty is removed. As I don't have all the facts I'll say no more on the subject.

I'm right with you. But he's done it before, so I sway to her side, and based on what we do know of the cases, and some of the stoires we read about the type of character he is (Could be bullshit), I believe he did it, as the media are reporting it.

I think he's a filthy, arrogant, wanker, who thought being a known name in the NRL, would allow him some sort of God status. Hope he rots for his crimes.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
According to a few articles the NRL are considering stripping Hayne of his awards and legacy. Didn't Blake Ferguson get done for something similar? And he's a Fox Sports favorite to this day? lmao

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
According to a few articles the NRL are considering stripping Hayne of his awards and legacy. Didn't Blake Ferguson get done for something similar? And he's a Fox Sports favorite to this day? lmao

Yeah the key to forgiveness in the public eye as a sportsmen is how well you perform after the crime. Good form really fogs our collective memories. Hayne fucked up by continuing to be a scumbag after he stopped being any good at footy.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Yeah the key to forgiveness in the public eye as a sportsmen is how well you perform after the crime. Good form really fogs our collective memories. Hayne fucked up by continuing to be a scumbag after he stopped being any good at footy.
Haha spot on, it's ridiculous. Fox can be the most high-and-mighty crowd you've ever seen, but then at every opportunity they'll get someone like Fergo on to mumble through his way through a few words and laugh along like he's the funniest man alive.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Did Hayne get done for rape too?
The word rape isn't used in NSW law, but he did get charged for sexual assault which under NSW law is defined as
Sexual Assault is a broad term describing all sexual offences against adults and children. It also describes a specific offence when a person has sexual intercourse with another person without their consent.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
Ferguson got done for indecent assault for those wondering. No penetration so not "rape".

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Ferguson got done for indecent assault for those wondering. No penetration so not "rape".
I did remember he got up to some shit but it definitely wasn't rape.

Found the original story. He did as Trump ordained, grabbed her vagina which while disgusting, is nowhere near the level of sex without consent.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
Didn't know that, I thought it was all oral and digital and there wasn't a rape charge as such.
They no longer use the word rape in a legal context. Digital penetration did and does count as rape (or "sexual intercourse without consent").

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • eggstar10
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Swordfish
  • BruiserMk1
  • whykickamoocow
  • broncsgoat
  • Tim K
  • phoenix
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • ostin86
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.