NRL Players and family members in hot water

What's the bet they won't actually be BIG names and just a couple of fringe first graders?

"lil poofters" .......a homophobic slur?

seriously?

"lil poofters" .......a homophobic slur?

seriously?

I was thinking the same, until I realised that it's being used in a derogatory context. There's nothing in it but it's a no-no in these over sensitive days where people deliberately seek outrage.

Over sensitive? I don't think so.

The sooner terms such as 'poofter' or '******' for instance disappear from society's vocabulary, the better. In my opinion, if you're using these terms to try and insult someone, you just come across as looking like a crass, uneducated bogan stuck in the 70s.

He will get away with it.

His excuse, I had concussion. :wink:

To be fair Issac got trolled hard and he bit back with a response they wanted.

He was reaching out to anyone who knew the guy that was coward punched inside the stadium (the guy I walked past) so he could give him a signed jersey and some Easter eggs.

The word isn't right in today's society. But the bigger picture is that people were congratulating a fan being assaulted at the footy.

He needs to be fined, he has already apologised and we move along with life.

To be fair Issac got trolled hard and he bit back with a response they wanted.

He was reaching out to anyone who knew the guy that was coward punched inside the stadium (the guy I walked past) so he could give him a signed jersey and some Easter eggs.

The word isn't right in today's society. But the bigger picture is that people were congratulating a fan being assaulted at the footy.

He needs to be fined, he has already apologised and we move along with life.

Oh absolutely, I wasn't really commenting on the social media post itself, just the general usage of terms such as those!

Good on him for trying to help out the guy that was attacked.

Over sensitive? I don't think so.

The sooner terms such as 'poofter' or '******' for instance disappear from society's vocabulary, the better. In my opinion, if you're using these terms to try and insult someone, you just come across as looking like a crass, uneducated bogan stuck in the 70s.

LOL....oh the elite !!

What insult should he have used instead?

Trendy internet barbs like...deerpp or douchebagasarus Rex.

:rolleyes:

LOL....oh the elite !!

I don't much agree with you, but that is so spot on! :laugh:

Today's PC nanny society needs to harden the **** up. :rolleyes:

It's not the insult itself, but the bigger picture.

Not a fucking chance I'm entering into a debate with either of you two though, so **** it, I'll just settle for being some over-PC elite trendy ****.

LOL....oh the elite !!

****, fuckhead, dickhead, shitbag, cockhead, wanker, loser, lowlife, scumbag etc etc

There is a lot of different ways he could have insulted them without adding the problems that gay people face in society

I don't much agree with you, but that is so spot on! :laugh:

Today's PC nanny society needs to harden the **** up. :rolleyes:

Piss off. Its not about being PC, look at the bigger picture.

But as ningers just said, no point getting into a debate

It's not the insult itself, but the bigger picture.

Not a fucking chance I'm entering into a debate with either of you two though, so **** it, I'll just settle for being some over-PC elite trendy ****.

Baking some cupcakes will make you feel better ;)

Unread

Active Now

• Spoon
  • Broncosarethebest
  • lynx000
  • Foordy
  • Fatboy
  • Lurker
  • TimWhatley
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.