NRL Players and family members in hot water

Interesting to see how this plays out now. Regardless of if no legal consequences or it turns out to be an over enthusiastic game of twister in the street, they've brought a bad look to the game.

From memory the "Hass/Kelly shoegate scandal" was fully cleared by police and nothing more than a little push and shove in a back street and both Hass and Kelly had the book thrown at them by the NRL.

I can't think of any genuine or even half assed totally bias excuse the NRL can make up here which doesn't result in a suspension of both these players.

Also love that its both Latrell and Wighton, apparently against eachother. So there's none of this "he was protecting his mate, the other guy started it, he called mum bad names" excuse. Really interesting to see how this plays out.

Interesting to see how this plays out now. Regardless of if no legal consequences or it turns out to be an over enthusiastic game of twister in the street, they've brought a bad look to the game.

From memory the "Hass/Kelly shoegate scandal" was fully cleared by police and nothing more than a little push and shove in a back street and both Hass and Kelly had the book thrown at them by the NRL.

I can't think of any genuine or even half assed totally bias excuse the NRL can make up here which doesn't result in a suspension of both these players.

Also love that its both Latrell and Wighton, apparently against eachother. So there's none of this "he was protecting his mate, the other guy started it, he called mum bad names" excuse. Really interesting to see how this plays out.
It will be played out by Latrell calling the Police racist.

No doubt the integrity until will clear than me bcos of the colour of their jerseys... (that's not a tone of sarcasm or irony, payne haas says hello)

Clearly no assault charges - and witnesses reckon it was a "friendly wrestle" according to Fox - but Latrell could be in a bit of strife given he HAS been charged with affray and resisting arrest, as well as fighting in a public place and ignoring an exclusion order (same as Wighton).

Using the Haas/Kelly incident as precedent (two teammates wrestling in a public place but no police charges) and taking into account that these two have been charged with numerous offences by police, I would expect at a bare minimum a month for each. Latrell should get more due to his additional charges. Anything less and we should ALL be writing to the NRL for a "please explain".

Both are due to play in the All Stars on the weekend, that will be interesting. Waiting for the NRL to suspend them from that game and say that's punishment enough or some other bullshit.

Clearly no assault charges - and witnesses reckon it was a "friendly wrestle" according to Fox - but Latrell could be in a bit of strife given he HAS been charged with affray and resisting arrest, as well as fighting in a public place and ignoring an exclusion order (same as Wighton).

Using the Haas/Kelly incident as precedent (two teammates wrestling in a public place but no police charges) and taking into account that these two have been charged with numerous offences by police, I would expect at a bare minimum a month for each. Latrell should get more due to his additional charges. Anything less and we should ALL be writing to the NRL for a "please explain".

Both are due to play in the All Stars on the weekend, that will be interesting. Waiting for the NRL to suspend them from that game and say that's punishment enough or some other bullshit.
Vlando: "No problem... how many trials and what not do Souths and Canberra play?"
NSWRL:"I dunno maybe 2 or 3"
Vlando:"Perfect"

Integrity unit statement:"After conducting a thorough investigation it has been decided that Latrell and Wighton will be suspended for 2 or 3 weeks... including the all stars match... that is all"

Vlando: "No problem... how many trials and what not do Souths and Canberra play?"

Integrity unit statement:"After conducting a thorough investigation it has been decided that Latrell and Wighton will be suspended for 2 or 3 weeks... including the all stars match... that is all"

Backdated to two weeks before the incident due to unforeseeable clerical error.

This is exactly what I expect to happen

Backdated to two weeks before the incident due to unforeseeable clerical error.
360 Panel: "Souths went into those finals games last year without Latrell due to suspension.... they'll have him this year... so I wouldnt be surprised if they go all the way with him involved"

That doesn't look so great. They've both been charged too, so they should definitely miss some games.

But knowing our luck, they will both return in the rounds they play thr Broncos...
" *cries* my shoulders *cries* my shoulders" *cries* *acts like it's his first ever time in cuffs* lol.

That doesn't look so great. They've both been charged too, so they should definitely miss some games.

But knowing our luck, they will both return in the rounds they play thr Broncos...
Honestly I think it sounds like a nothing incident really. If they weren't big name NRL stars would anyone care? Guys get kicked out of pubs for being too drunk every night. They weren't hurting anyone else or causing any damage.

But, they ARE NRL stars - and actual legitimate stars at that. Whether the cops went too hard on the whole fiasco or not, well that's their prerogative. Don't put yourself in that situation and you won't have to deal with the fallout. Going off the precedents which have been set, these guys *should* be in a bunch of strife.

"Luck"

The media spin has already started. Nothing about resisting arrest and the damage to the image of the game. All the stories are around how happy they are with each other at the All Stars camp painting this as nothing and footage of Mitchell bitching when he was arrested. By the end of this week these two ***** will be heroes.

And that will be good enough for Vlandys.
The NRL (probably):

Whilst it still remains unclear who is at fault, before we had even commenced our review it became very clear that it was definitely neither Latrell, nor Jack.

We also do not wish to speculate at this time, however we feel it critically important we pass on some information to our fans and sponsors, so that they can make up their own minds.

The NRL were informed by a close guest of both Latrell and Jack, who assured us she’d only been double-parking pints of Hard Pear Cider for 8 hours at the time of the alleged incident and was, naturally, of clear mind; that someone might have told her earlier in the night that Shane Warne’s mother (or maybe it was Shane Heal’s mother, she can’t really remember) may have walked across the street from the venue in question once in 2003.

Now, as we all know, Mrs Warne was the one who supplied Shane the infamous diuretic, coincidentally also in 2003.

As we have now completed our intensive, thorough and very balanced review, we will be making no further comment.

The NRL would like to apologise to Latrell and Jack.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • cento
  • Tim K
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • BroncoFan94
  • Mustafur
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • kiwi2
  • Ozired
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • bazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Footy Fanatic
  • teampjta
  • broncos4life
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.