NSW is gayer than 10 gay men and The Rock is their messiah!!

Inglis and Folau are New South Welshmen. Sterlo is a Queenslander.

Beads6 said:
I was born in Tweed Heads but have lived in QLD for 20 years.. I go for QLD always have and always will. My sister born in Tweed Heads also lived in QLD for 20 years. She supports NSW so obviously she was dropped at birth.

I feel that you were the one dropped at birth. [icon_wink icon_smile

Silence said:
Inglis and Folau are New South Welshmen. Sterlo is a Queenslander.
[icon_wink icon_smile
yeah right and Allan Langer is a Kiwi

The Rock said:
As is Karmiochael Hunt. What's your point. Ohh that's right, you're missing it!

Your baits this Origin season are quite good Padawan. However, if anyone is missing the point, it is you.

Not that it's really related to the point, but I do agree with Rock on the following:
- Karmichael Hunt should be playing for NZ
- Greg Inglis should be playing for NSW
- Israel Folau....well that's not as clearcut IMO. I could accept him playing for either.

I'm confuzzled.

Are you seriously arguing that people born in NSW should consider themselves NSWelshmen, or are you disputing the eligibility rules?

Coxy said:
Not that it's really related to the point, but I do agree with Rock on the following:
- Karmichael Hunt should be playing for NZ
- Greg Inglis should be playing for NSW
- Israel Folau....well that's not as clearcut IMO. I could accept him playing for either.
eusa_think Karmichael played his first senior footy for QLD and Australia and was pretty much trained in League by the Aussies.

The only one who is contentious is Inglis.

The Rock said:
Neither! LOLZ.

All I'm saying is that I think it's lame that some players have been born AND raised (combination of both..) in NSW and have spent the majority of their life there, yet they crack under pressure of their fellow peers when moving up to QLD then declare themselves a Queenslander.

So, we once again find ourselves back at the beginning. Clearly you think that Falou leaving NSW at 13, playing for QLD at 20, is somehow more NSW than QLD?

I LOLZ at you.

Seriously, just get some footy stars of your own. You have 4 times the population to find them....

The Rock said:
Neither! LOLZ.

All I'm saying is that I think it's lame that some players have been born AND raised (combination of both..) in NSW and have spent the majority of their life there, yet they crack under pressure of their fellow peers when moving up to QLD then declare themselves a Queenslander.
As Folau gets older, he'll have spent the majority of his life in QLD so maybe his only mistake was being so damn good that he got picked to play origin at such an early age when he'd still spent the majority of his life in NSW. In a few years time, he'll have spent the majority of his life in QLD. [icon_wink

mrslong said:
and Nathan turncoat Fien & Brent Webb

Therein lies the issue for most people.

International eligibility rules have a residential component.

Origin supposedly doesn't. Though it should.

For one thing I don't have a problem with someone playing for QLD or NSW who also wants to play for NZ, if their heritage is that way inclined and they are passionate about doing that. There are plenty of Australian born maoris and samoans who because of their parents and community are passionately loyal to their family origin.

But also born and raised in NSW or QLD and passionate about their state of residence when it comes to Origin.

So let them play.

Emma, don't bother. It's like arguing with a brick.

The most humorous part is he knows it, so he uses the word "lame" because he can't actually claim anything with facts and therefore must use "his opinion".

LOLZ4SERIESSTRAIGHT

Next we will hear how Origin doesn't mean that much...

The Rock said:
mrslong - you're an idiot, I don't care about the eligibility rules that's not even the point.

Hammo - Leaving NSW at 13 and declaring himself a Queenslander at 18. (He's 20 now...but he declared himself a dirty redneck bogan at 18) Get it right.

I just find it lame that he can spend most of his life as New South Welshman, raised there, played his young days of footy there...then move to QLD at 13, spend 4-5 years there playing footy and thinking he's a true hearted Queenslander.
Dude, personal insults are uncalled for & imo unacceptable [icon_non

No wonder I hate NSWelshman.

The Rock said:
mrslong - you're an idiot, I don't care about the eligibility rules that's not even the point.

Hammo - Leaving NSW at 13 and declaring himself a Queenslander at 18. (He's 20 now...but he declared himself a dirty redneck bogan at 18) Get it right.

I just find it lame that he can spend most of his life as New South Welshman, raised there, played his young days of footy there...then move to QLD at 13, spend 4-5 years there playing footy and thinking he's a true hearted Queenslander.
Someone brought up becoming an Australian citizen earlier - I know someone who came to Australia a few years ago and is now an Australian citizen. Wouldn't dream of calling himself anything other than an Aussie. Isn't this the same concept? Seriously, why is it so lame for a kid to move interstate and as an adult decide that's where his heart lies? If it was someone shit, this wouldn't even be an issue.

I again ask you to look at the years he spent in QLD. You are being shortsighted to serve your argument.

He spent his development years here in QLD. Either way, if your opinion is it's "lame" that's cool and you know what? I don't understand your opinion, but I respect it.

In my opinion, it's lame to have so many footy stars to choose form yet SUCK so bad at Rugby League, even with referee's decisions (2006 Game 3), injuries (2007 Game 2 & 3) and form (2008 Game 1) in your favour.

Yup, it's lame to suck at Rugby League NSW. Lame.

Ah no, Scotland actually, but good jumping to the wrong conclusion. He loves it there too, but the fact was he moved here, made a home for himself here and has decided that he is now Australian. Sounds pretty much the same as what Israel did to me, except on a state basis.

And apparently Folau doesn't know it, otherwise I'm sure he would have pledged allegiance to NSW. The way I've seen him play for QLD doesn't tell me NSW is in him either I must say. He has no reason to do so, other than the fact that his heart obviously lies in QLD. And don't be so ridiculous to think that peer pressure would influence someone's decision like that! My god, you really are clutching. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Clutching big time Emma!!! [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Also, Shaun is really Lebanese. Because he was born there it's in his blood!

P.S. That's just as ridiculous Shaun and furthermore, Falou was a kid, you talk like he got in his car and left NSW. :roll:

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • barker
  • Lozza
  • BroncoFan94
  • Hurrijo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.