NSW Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
You spout rhetoric about having more passion for NSW than us Queenslanders but on the slight chance a player you dont want to get picked you will switch allegiances. That Boganman is the issue

You spout rhetoric about having more passion for NSW than us Queenslanders but on the slight chance a player you dont want to get picked you will switch allegiances. That Boganman is the issue

The odds of Tahu getting picked were negative.

Then why dribble on about it then?

O k so Tamou has been selected for AUS, how is it possible when Kiwis who want to play SoO have to declare their availability for Aus then once that decision has been made public that's it but in Tamous case he has declared himself available for NZ and only missed out due to injury but that declaration doesn't count.

It's obvious he was guaranteed AUS selection and SoO selection if he changed his mind. NSW and everyone involved in the backroom decision making have just cheapened out national team.

After years of bitching about Inglis and how Qld go about selection and supposedly standing on principle, the eligibility rules get changed (by the NSWRL commission) and 14 days later they pull this crap .

Is it any wonder we hate these pr$cks so much.

Gidley gone, Lewis, Jennings and Buderus in doubt.

Best thing for NSW that gidley broke himself

Darn shame about GIdley. :(

Jennings and Lewis have avoided serious injury and they expect themselves to be playing against Melbourne on the weekend. THANK GOD FOR THAT.

Bedsy's okay too.
Now, as long as the selectors don't pull some equally ridiculous selection to cover for Gidley (like Lyon on the bench or something) we should be pretty strong.

Josh Reynolds to the bench :shady:

Just bring in Sonny Bill Williams.

Wallace/Soward... it just won't work against QLD. I'm not saying they are bad players, but I don't think they are the halves to beat the current QLD team. If NSW want to give themselves the best chance possible - IMO Carney should be 6 and the 7 should be the player you think will best suit your kicking game plan. I'd get the 7 to kick and take the pressure off Carney and give him room.

Thank god Bradley Clyde isn't a selector. His team would get smashed.

It would appear Buhrer is the frontrunner for the utility position ahead of Hinchcliffe and Bird, Stewart is the frontrunner for fullback ahead of Dugan and Pearce is considered a certainty now for the 7. I honestly cannot believe how stupid the NSW selectors are. Buhrer is a very average player, he is a good defender, solid ballrunner whereas Hinchcliffe is a great defender and very good dummyhalf. Dugan sh!ts all over Stewart and Pearce is simply retarded. It would appear you will have something like.

1. Stewart
2. Morris
3. Jennings/Morris
4. Lawrence
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Watmough
12. Lewis
13. Stewart

14. Burher
15. Sims
16. Leoroyd Lahrs
17. Some Nuffie (depends on whether they go for another prop or another backrower) either Merrin or Hoffman I think.

I don't see how Stewart is getting the nod over Dugan. More game time this year, perhaps, but Dugan outplayed him in every way on the weekend.
As for Buhrer, let's hope that's just a rumour. The Telegraph posted their columnists' preferred teams today; and Dean Ritchie had Glenn Stewart at 9. I think that speaks volumes about the depth of knowledge from that particular publication.

This week, my preferred team:

1. Dugan
2. Uate
3. Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Hayne
6. Carney
7. Wallace
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Snowden
11. Lewis
12. Watmough
13. Mateo

14. Tamou
15. Mannah
16. Learoyd-Lahrs
17. T. Sims

Don't need a bench utility with Lewis, Mateo and Hayne in the team you're well covered for injuries to the key guys. If Farah is worn down by tackling the Queenslanders all game Wallace can start to do dummy half work and Mateo can move to a pivot role. The starting pack is fit, agile, and skilful enough to match the Maroons side from the kickoff, and the bench has a lot of impact that could prove decisive late in the halves.

The biggest challenge for NSW is and always will be the mentality of the selectors. By bucking the trend and refusing to pick the best players in each position, Queensland changed the game six/seven years ago and created what is basically a part-time club side which now has close to a decade's worth of experience playing together. NSW follow the classic route of choosing the best players leading into Origin season each year, which would be enough to win if QLD did the same. But by the time the Blues have gelled, the Maroons have already won.

Buhrer??? Are they serious??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.