NEWS Oates: a bit surprised

Oates is taking the piss if he didn't think he didnt deserved to be dropped. I am with him that there are others that should be dropped or even dropped before him, but it kind of shows that these guys think they can play shit and still get selected, which isn't a good thing - entitlement.
Hopefully he actually turns up tonight. He has had an almighty fall from grace in the last 2 years.
Show us that it did really hurt getting dropped and put in a MoM performance and win us (fans) over tonight..

The thing is, when you listen to player interviews, the same thread is coming through. They think they are playing OK. They mouth meaningless words about doing better but they rarely address anything specific.
Either the whole team is deluded (in which case, why are they starting?) or there something wrong.
Mate, I agree completely!
The team as a whole is in fairy land if they think they are putting in.
My comment was purely directed at Troncy, about Corey and the Wing Vs Second Row thing, not about his performance :)

This reminds me of a book I read.
First as Tragedy, Then as Farce
By Slavoj Zizek
He does not look well.

Zizek small

The fact that Boyd wasn't the first guy dropped is reason enough to be disillusioned.

We're litereally pushing better players out of position to accomodate a QCUP at best player now.

Staggs is back next week, and if Boyd is still in the team sheet over Farnworth/Staggs. I'm done.

This reminds me of a book I read.
First as Tragedy, Then as Farce
By Slavoj Zizek

A formidable thinker. The way in which he examines the Lacanian-Hegelian ontology should be required reading for Lodge and Flegler.

As for @McHunt's comment, well, that's what happens when you watch the highlights of our game against the Titans

Last edited:
I can tell you the final straw, it was the run he made when we finally had an attacking set and he got hit right on the ball and dropped it cold, early in the count. It's what has been killing us all season.

I am a big fan of Oates and still believe he can regain his form as one of the best wingers in the world. But his handling has let him down. The problem is that it's a team-wide problem. You can't drop the whole team. But you can sure as **** identify the issue and judging by Oates' comments it sounds like Seibold hasn't identified it, or at least hasn't drilled the importance of possession in to the team.
I was going to say that myself. That scoot he took in their half and dropped the pill cold should have had him hooked from the field then and dropped this week.

His lack of insight is on him. It shows a weak mentality and typical of a team infected with Boyd syndrome. This is carry over from last year, you watch Boyd play like he did and never get dropped. Then think you can play like shit and it's ok, you had a go. I am glad he got dropped the kid has to grow up and have some accountability. If I read that today I would scratch his name of the bench completely, sit him out for a week.

oh and what type of captain runs around hazing his team mates at training. Glenn pulling Oats pants down is bully boy crap. No wonder this side is full of hot air and cry babies, your captain is running around playing pranks instead of holding men accountable and Oats just cops it with a silly grin on his face, I would have dropped the prick for disrespecting me like that.

Wait , what? When did this schoolboy prank happen? This is taking the play like kids too far.

The fact that Boyd wasn't the first guy dropped is reason enough to be disillusioned.

We're litereally pushing better players out of position to accomodate a QCUP at best player now.

Staggs is back next week, and if Boyd is still in the team sheet over Farnworth/Staggs. I'm done.
With Staggs back Boyd must go... we will have full strength backs available (excluding Bird) and there is no way Boyd fits into that backline

1. Niu
2. Isaako
3. Herbie
4. Staggs
5. Coates

Unfortunately I can also see the scenario where Isaako is dropped to the bench as the utility...

**** me this guy is fucking delusional if he doesn't know why he was dropped.

All the statements he is making is putting no accountability on himself.

"Been going alright in defence"... yeah just like the knights game where you had 3v1 against you... defence is communication as much as tackling and reads, and he needed to be yelling at his inside men to get out there.

He's dropping the ball cold, which can be a huge impact on the team as his carries are typically out of our own end.... the drop on tackle 1 last week was fucking huge in the context of the game

He's bombing tries due to either a lack of intensity or inability... we've seen him make crazy put downs before so it can't be ability. Would Herbie have fucked up the knights try where his entire body ended up in the ingoal.

If his attitude is the common mindset of the group then it is totally fucked ... basically a mindset of "not my job"

By the time darius is gone, bird leaves, Milford takes a pay cut /leaves and plus we shop Oates around we should have an insanely big war chest...

Nice try, but you're not going anywhere. Welcome to Hotel California.
[automerge]1593824068[/automerge]
A formidable thinker. The way in which he examines the Lacanian-Hegelian ontology should be required reading for Lodge and Flegler.
Yet completely overlooks "fun." In fairness, Marx never got that either.

Last edited:

As for @McHunt's comment, well, that's what happens when you watch the highlights of our game against the Titans
His thoughts on the hypocrisy of charity were (for me) a huge eye-opener.

Seibold thinking one winger is the problem is funny. Trying to appease outsiders I guess - I hope that is the case because if he can't see what is wrong with the team he doesn't belong near a football team.

The issue is not whether oates was right or Wrong . Deserved it or not , affected by having boyed inside him or not . The issue is you take it on the chin and say publically and privately you will work on game and improve. Look at benji, the class he has shown with his sacking, at no stage makes it out like not deserved , states what he has to do to get back in , and will fight his way back in . That’s the comments he should be making

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncoFan94
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • broncoscope
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.