NEWS Oates: a bit surprised

It takes a fair bit to get Oatsey worked up. He is clearly frustrated. His mouthing off to the ref last week and his comments about the coach show this. He isnt a vindictive type of bloke. He's fairly laid back and not a lot gets to him so for him to come out like this clearly to me shows the cracks are now getting bigger with the players and the coach. Last time i really spoke to anyone there was no issue with Seibs. That was before the shutdown though. A lot clearly has changed.
Could there be a rift if some of the players came back unfit??

We were looking pretty good in rounds 1 & 2 and the players were absolutely flogged in preseason... I'd be really pissed off if whilst I was off flogging my guts in isolation to come back firing and ready to keep the run going, other players took it as a holiday thinking everything would just fall back into place??

All of a sudden we look completely off the pace and all the work from the preseason is gone

Could there be a rift if some of the players came back unfit??

We were looking pretty good in rounds 1 & 2 and the players were absolutely flogged in preseason... I'd be really pissed off if whilst I was off flogging my guts in isolation to come back firing and ready to keep the run going, other players took it as a holiday thinking everything would just fall back into place??

All of a sudden we look completely off the pace and all the work from the preseason is gone

I really wouldnt have a clue. Cant say i've noticed anyone who looks really out of shape.

This is turning into a disaster
Turning into?

Re: Oates, it sucks to see yet another of our players regressing under the sub-40% supercoach. If it was just him you could say he's out of form, call up the Corey hotline and give him the bad news. But it's practically the entire squad. I'm reticent to point the bony finger at any one player when there's a clear common denominator at play.

He is certainly out of form, but i wouldnt be writing him off just yet. We havent really attacked much on our left side, and i still think he is more than capable of getting back to his old self.
oates was awesome when reed inside him....bring back reed or a clone

Amazing what can happen when you have shape AND pass the fucking ball out wide rather than keep turning it inside.

Aside from that, Reed was a genuine centre unlike Boyd, playing in a team which knew how to use its attacking weapons.

Of course, here on BHQ we pilloried Jack anyway. It's what we do, hey.

Amazing what can happen when you have shape AND pass the fucking ball out wide rather than keep turning it inside.

Aside from that, Reed was a genuine centre unlike Boyd, playing in a team which knew how to use its attacking weapons.

Jack was ok - but there were better centers available. I remember at times he was a liability.

Not me
I was a jack fan he had his limitations but always gave 100% effort.
Wish we still had him.

He passed the ball and defended like his life depended on it, already better than any centre in the current game.
He has like Hodges - not always flashy but highly dependable in both attack and defense when it counted.

Boyd couldn’t catch COVID-19 even if all the currently diagnosed patients from Victoria were to run at him!

If anything it is more responsible for Boyd to finish out his contract. Boyd being in the team now sits squarely on the shoulders of management and the coach.

And when his body couldnt cope, he did not hang around draining the the cap and preventing younger players from progressing in their careers, unlike some....

Yep. While he played a few games with a wrecked shoulder he could still offer something in attack. Oates worked well with Reedy to cover that bad shoulder.

Also, it's funny seeing Vidot and Maranta in those videos. I forget Maranta played some games on the left.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manifesto
  • Culhwch
  • Jazza
  • sooticus
  • Johnny92
  • Lozza
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.