NEWS Oates: a bit surprised

Anyone remember these kind of articles

This is why we're in the crap we're in.
Thats every player we blood these days. This is the problem, we are a factory for the league. We have allowed our self's to get suckered by the rest of the comp. Its even happening with guys that are fringe at best. The league complains about us having the pic of Queensland. But we are a club who is actually investing in the development of players and then they blow up that we are trying to keep them. Would really like to see who is spending what on development in this league.

Nice try, but you're not going anywhere. Welcome to Hotel California.
[automerge]1593824068[/automerge]

Yet completely overlooks "fun." In fairness, Marx never got that either.

Fun? He's from Slovenia. Like we Poles, they go to confession for having fun, then denounce god for being forgiven

I heard a story from one of my regular customers about Corey Oates. Let me make it clear that I have no idea if this actually took place, however it would not surprise me.
Uhm, I would be deleting this post if I were you.

Last edited:
So this is poor from Oates, really shows the coach has 99% sure lost the dressing room and this attitude is rubbish.

Until you drop the under-performers nothing change. The coach doesn't take ownership of his team, why should players take ownership of their problems?

I had the misfortune of seeing part of NRL360, Kent said what I agree with - the players seem totally confused out on the field.

I recall Oates saying he was a confidence player and that if his first touch was solid then he knew his ball security for the rest of the game would be good. At the time I thought it was a bit soft but he was playing great so I never bothered.

I did notice him simulating high balls in the dressing sheds before games though and knew what he was doing. After a time I noticed that Alfie would also fire some bullet passes at him and if he caught 3 or 4 in a row he was set.

Not seen any of that for a while. Are you reading this Alf!

Last edited:
I don't agree. Boyd has been solid in the centres, particularly defensively. His ability to read the attack has always been good.

The times Boyd hasn't passed, he's either scored himself or knew the play wasn't on and died with the ball. Better that than throwing to Oates who will get taken in to touch.
Hate agreeing with you but when you're right you're right.

Is the only one that thinks he's playing well whilst, to anyone with eyes, is an absolute liability both with and without the ball.

Gees, where have I heard this story before?

Wonder who's next in line to trot out the 2019 Darius Rhetoric when they go to shit.

It takes a fair bit to get Oatsey worked up. He is clearly frustrated. His mouthing off to the ref last week and his comments about the coach show this. He isnt a vindictive type of bloke. He's fairly laid back and not a lot gets to him so for him to come out like this clearly to me shows the cracks are now getting bigger with the players and the coach. Last time i really spoke to anyone there was no issue with Seibs. That was before the shutdown though. A lot clearly has changed.

Last edited:
It takes a fair bit to get Oatsey worked up. He is clearly frustrated. His mouthing off to the ref last week and his comments about the coach show this. He isnt a vindictive type of bloke. He's fairly laid back and not a lot gets to him so for him to come out like this clearly to me shows the cracks are now getting bigger with the players and the coach. Last time i really spoke to anyone there was no issue with Seibs. That was before the shutdown though. A lot clearly has changed.
If Oates isn’t happy, I wouldn’t hold a grudge if he asked for a release.
In fact, I’m all for it.

Cya Oates.

Last edited:
If Oates isn’t happy, I wouldn’t hold a grudge if he asked for a release.
In fact, I’m all for it.

Cya Oates.

He is certainly out of form, but i wouldnt be writing him off just yet. We havent really attacked much on our left side, and i still think he is more than capable of getting back to his old self.

He is certainly out of form, but i wouldnt be writing him off just yet. We havent really attacked much on our left side, and i still think he is more than capable of getting back to his old self.
I’m done with him. He hasn’t offered anything in the past 12m and hadn’t even offered a heap in the 12m previous.
Got 10 in the bin last week, first run last night dropped the ball.
This article illustrates he thinks he is untouchable (like many in this side) and that to me is part of the rot in this side, entitlement.

Wasn't he sucking up to Seibold like two weeks earlier saying the squad is united now? lol

I’m done with him. He hasn’t offered anything in the past 12m and hadn’t even offered a heap in the 12m previous.
Got 10 in the bin last week, first run last night dropped the ball.
This article illustrates he thinks he is untouchable (like many in this side) and that to me is part of the rot in this side, entitlement.

Plenty of other players dropped the ball as well. I'm sure some people think they do it on purpose.
[automerge]1593946598[/automerge]
Wasn't he sucking up to Seibold like two weeks earlier saying the squad is united now? lol

I think he might have been

Last edited:
Plenty of other players dropped the ball as well. I'm sure some people think they do it on purpose.
[automerge]1593946598[/automerge]

I think he might have been

Found it.

"I don’t think there is any redemption. We have got a point to prove all year. We’ve done a good job of that in the first two rounds and as a team we are focusing on trying to continue that and show that it wasn’t a fluke," Oates said.

People doubted us with our age, with our talent and with our desire. There are a lot of things that people doubted us about. We know that we have a very talented team. Even though it is young it is full of size, speed and talent.

"Last year, we were disappointed with the whole year. We were very inconsistent. This year we want to be known as a consistent team that will show up every week."

"We could have come together as a group a lot better but now it feels a lot better. The whole team is a lot closer. "I wouldn’t have a drama going out with anyone and it feels like we are one big group, whereas it felt like we were all in different groups last year just because of what was happening."

Oates said Seibold’s methods had not changed much over the past 12 months, with the willingness of the playing group to listen the biggest shift. "I think he is still trying to push the same message across but as a group we are buying into it a lot more," he said.
#agedlikemilk

Aside from the drop and one lazy cover, he wasn’t the worst out there last game and that’s the problem in a nutshell. He isn’t going that bad compared to the rest of the team but aside from Coates, no one is going even average.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • Painin the Haas
  • The Strapper
  • Bish
  • Mister Wright
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • azza.79
  • bazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Big Del
  • achievedrap
  • Allo
  • RolledOates
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.