Off contract players

Just looking at some of our off contract player. Am I right parker and Hodges are still unsigned after this season. Also some good buys from other clubs I think Josh mcrone from the Raiders would be a great buy to partner milford a talented number 7.Also doubt it would happen but Jamie Lyon or George tafua would be great attacking buys partnering outside Hodges. Some good experience in these players. Thoughts ?

Jamie Lyon will never leave Manly. He gave up rep footy for Manly. He will stay there. Jorge Taufau won't leave Manly, also. Not yet, anyway.

Josh McCrone would be a waste of money. He is nothing more than an average halfback. We already have an average halfback, why replace him with another?

Isaac John would be worth a crack, far better than anyone we have right now and not playing first grade. Even though he is not off contract I'd be asking the question

Just looking at some of our off contract player. Am I right parker and Hodges are still unsigned after this season. Also some good buys from other clubs I think Josh mcrone from the Raiders would be a great buy to partner milford a talented number 7.Also doubt it would happen but Jamie Lyon or George tafua would be great attacking buys partnering outside Hodges. Some good experience in these players. Thoughts ?

No way to mccrone, no fucking way. He can't even hold down a spot at the faders currently FFS and a centre is preferred in the halves over him

Isaac John would be worth a crack, far better than anyone we have right now and not playing first grade. Even though he is not off contract I'd be asking the question

For sure. He is inexplicably behind Wallace and lamie coward and kiwis love queensland lol

I wouldn't mind Lloyd Perrett, Valentine Holmes, David Fifita, Jake Mamo, Curtis Rona and Kane Evans getting offered small contracts.

Isaac John would be a very good pickup for cheap.

Jamie Lyon will never leave Manly. He gave up rep footy for Manly

And went to England to avoid staying at Parra as they wouldn't let him go straight there. Besides, he's up there with Gallen as the worst ref-whinge in the game. Plus he plays for Manly. Manly are the biggest c@#!s in the comp. And in life. End of discussion

Last edited:
And went to England to avoid staying at Parra as they wouldn't let him go straight there. Besides, he's up there with Gallen as the worst ref-whinge in the game. Plus he plays for Manly. Manly are the biggest c@#!s in the comp. And in life. End of discussion

Except when it comes to DCE though, right?

No way to mccrone, no fucking way. He can't even hold down a spot at the faders currently FFS and a centre is preferred in the halves over him
I highly rate mcrone a running half is exactly what we need. But may as well keep Hoffman hunt/ cause at some stage it will click right?

Back to my original post is Parker and Hodges still unsigned after this season

I highly rate mcrone a running half is exactly what we need. But may as well keep Hoffman hunt/ cause at some stage it will click right?

No, I'm not advocating keeping Hoffman there but there are a lot of options between keeping Hoffman at 6 and signing josh fucking mccrone

Except when it comes to DCE though, right?

I don't think he's entirely corrupted just yet. There's hope for him, waiting at Red Hill :okey:

(Plus being a Qlder helps.)

Oh come on you know you want him:laugh:

Hes completely and utterly crap as a half though might have potential as a utility. On Wighton though he is a half who's been playing centre, has all the skills you want in the halves that are wasted at centre, just needs time to get used to the position again but the game against the Knights was very promising. My prediction give it a year or two and he'll be the blues long term 5/8.

Milfs the best X factor to come out of Canberra for ages but Wightons the most complete package we've produced in many years.

Last edited:
Agree with all that Bushy.

On Isaac John, he would definitely be a very good cheap pick up.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • ozzball
  • Bish
  • NSW stables
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
  • Financeguy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • BroncosAlways
  • Evander
  • jarro65
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • kiwibronco
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.