[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
I also note with a wry grin, after a lot of the posters on the Greenhouse absolutely blackening the Broncos about their ethics etc re poaching players, they are all jumping on board figuring out who they can poach from other clubs (Hayne, Peats, Farah et al) now they have Super Coach.

Yep I'm finding it funny as well, while I don't like the ethics of it I have given credit to the Broncos for doing what it takes to be successful, your management are just doing their job.

The funniest part is just a week ago half the forum was calling Ricky "the destroyer of clubs" (other half have wanted him for years) yet now he's signed think he can save us. I didn't want him still don't BUT I can see potential benefits if he gets the off field support no coach has received at the Raiders before (McIntyre gone there's a chance) and if Milf is retained otherwise I wouldn't be surprised to see the Raiders enter their worst period in many many years

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
I also note with a wry grin, after a lot of the posters on the Greenhouse absolutely blackening the Broncos about their ethics etc re poaching players, they are all jumping on board figuring out who they can poach from other clubs (Hayne, Peats, Farah et al) now they have Super Coach.
Haha yeah, they're quite happy to break a heap of contracts and be on the receiving end but when one of their own players has a contract with a personal and sensitive clause it's disgusting.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Well if the Raiders lose Milford at least Sticky Ricky has a ready made excuse for the wooden spoon next year.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
The kid doesn't know what he wants, Broncos cant wait forever.

Doesn't really matter either way. If we get him, he can play at #6. If we don't get him, we can blood a youngster like Strasser and just accept some short term pain.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Doesn't really matter either way. If we get him, he can play at #6. If we don't get him, we can blood a youngster like Strasser and just accept some short term pain.

I don't think Hook will survive the short term pain. All the old boys will be blowing up deluxe. Imagine Gordy if we are terrible next year

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
I don't think Hook will survive the short term pain. All the old boys will be blowing up deluxe. Imagine Gordy if we are terrible next year

You're right. If we don't get Milford, no doubt Barba will play #6 with Hoffman at Fullback, or vice versa.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I don't think we'll get Milford. Not based on anything, but just a feeling. And frankly I don't think I'll lose sleep over it. Good young player, and potentially a great of the game, but I'm not sure his head is in the right place.

If he WANTS to come to the Broncos, great. If he's not sure, and it's really just a desire to be closer to family but ultimately wanting to stay with the Raiders, then I wouldn't touch him.

With Barba, his desire was always to be with his family, and he didn't seem overly cut up about leaving the Bulldogs. It's nowhere near as clearcut with Milford by the looks.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
The kid doesn't know what he wants, Broncos cant wait forever.
Exactly right
Broncos need to have plans in place according to the landscape. Plan B will be discussed if not already planned.
This year has given all of them a reality check and we are already starting to see the benefit

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Exactly right
Broncos need to have plans in place according to the landscape. Plan B will be discussed if not already planned.
This year has given all of them a reality check and we are already starting to see the benefit

Problem is, what on earth could Plan B be, besides throwing either strasser or Taylor in the deep end?

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Problem is, what on earth could Plan B be, besides throwing either strasser or Taylor in the deep end?

Like I said, Barba to 5/8, Hoffman stays at Fullback, or vice versa.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Plan B may not be for next year in which case i agree that Hook may not last the fall out of another mediocre season

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Strasser should get a shot if we don't land DCE. I couldn't care less about Milford now.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Then why move on Wallace and Prince if they don't have a plan , doesn't make sense. I remember when it all went down hook said they were heading in a different direction , that to me says we are signing someone to build around . I am thinking dce and milford is just a situation you can't pass up

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
In my perfect 2014 side

1. Milford
6. Hunt
7. DCE

Sorry Barba. Reckon Milford will surpass you quickly if he stays at fullback...and in the NRL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • kiwi2
  • Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Brotherdu
  • Evander
  • mieko
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.