[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
So from what I gather..

Option A) Milford decides to stay in Canberra for 2014, signs with Broncos for 2015
Option B) Milford decides to stay in Canberra for 2014, signs an extension
Option C) Milford decides to go home to Brisbane, Canberra don't release him to play for Brisbane, he sits out 2014
Option D) Milford decides to go home to Brisbane, Canberra don't release him to play for Brisbane, he plays for the Reds in 2014
Option E) Milford decides to go home to Brisbane, Canberra release him, he plays for Broncos in 2014

Has anyone taking notice of [MENTION=8365]rogerwilco[/MENTION] , me thinks he nows what he is talking about. Sounds like it's between dce and milford and is leaning towards dce.

Has anyone taking notice of @rogerwilco , me thinks he nows what he is talking about. Sounds like it's between dce and milford and is leaning towards dce.

Mmm interesting, if what he is saying is legit, then it is probably looking like 2015 could be the year for either Milford or DCE, leaving us with problems next year. The way the Milford stuff has been playing out recently, I'm becoming more and more concerned about next year. I'm still sceptical about DCE coming but yea...

But a rising talent who would be like a fifth fullback (not in rank) or buy a test playing and premiership winning halfback who has his best years ahead of which we only have one in the squad with any NRL experience. It's a no brainer which one we should buy if we have a choice.

Can they just sort this crap out so we know what is going on? It's killing me having to wait :) I think if we are getting DCE Milford coming would mean he would be on a lot less money and potentially playing on the wing or something. Unless we ditch Hunt which would be cruel but it could be the best for the team.

Milford has two problems, getting out of his contract and DCE.

So is this why thinks have gone cold with milford? has DCE given an intention that he may want to come?

Mmm interesting, if what he is saying is legit, then it is probably looking like 2015 could be the year for either Milford or DCE, leaving us with problems next year. The way the Milford stuff has been playing out recently, I'm becoming more and more concerned about next year. I'm still sceptical about DCE coming but yea...

He said dce has a clause and can activate it when he pleases but he wants money and captaincy , that is why the milford ordeal is losing its legs

Unless Milford really does want to be with his family and accepts a small contract with the Broncos.

Big call.

We've hardly seen enough of Hunt to make any sort of call like this, IMO. If he sharpens his game next season, he could be huge for us. There's no reason we couldn't play Milford on the Wing, or at Fullback and move Barba to Centre... I dunno, I'm just thinking out loud...

Milford wing or Barba centre just doesn't make sense.

So if we got DCE and Milford for 2015, we'd be looking at something like:

1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Milford/Hunt
7. DCE

So yeah, I think if we got both of them it'd be bye bye Ben (Hunt).

The way this has played out, if we get Milford, he'll be overpriced so I would rather not get him in that case. He could be another Norman or Karl Filiga, you just never know.

I'd feel sorry for the kid, but what are you gonna do? Back to the bench as backup hooker. With DCE and Milford together there would be a lot less pressure on Milford to perform and he could also play a more natural running game injecting himself when he wants to. But I can't get my hopes up.

Milford wing or Barba centre just doesn't make sense.

So if we got DCE and Milford for 2015, we'd be looking at something like:

1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Milford/Hunt
7. DCE

So yeah, I think if we got both of them it'd be bye bye Ben (Hunt).

So you'd just boot Hunt? Even after he re-signed for peanuts in the hope he'd get his chance to play Halfback, after doing what's best for the team and playing backup Hooker for 3 years?

Not saying I would. Frankly I think you'd get either Milford or DCE, but not both. Really, Barba is fullback, end of. Milford might work in the halves, but might not, he might be better suited to fullback. So what do we do, have an interchange fullback? No way.

Sadly I think Hunt might either be destined to move on, or reprise his role as bench hooker.

So you'd just boot Hunt? Even after he re-signed for peanuts in the hope he'd get his chance to play Halfback, after doing what's best for the team and playing backup Hooker for 3 years?

Yep, he had his 5 games at the end of this year to show us what he has and he came up short. Ok I am being harsh and having a joke, but in reality that Milford kid sure has a lot of potential and I think you have to put your best players in their position. They would have a whole off season to cement their spot and the trials. My bet would be on Milford and not Hunt unfortunately for Hunt.

Or maybe start with hunt then milford comes on and hunt moves to hooker when macca has a breather . Would be nice but I think it is one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Alec
  • Dash
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Reds2011
  • Old Mate
  • Big Del
  • winslow_wong
  • eggstar10
  • IceWorks
  • OnToSomething
  • theshed
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • Gaz
  • broncsgoat
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosarethebest
  • davidp
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.