[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Not saying I would. Frankly I think you'd get either Milford or DCE, but not both. Really, Barba is fullback, end of. Milford might work in the halves, but might not, he might be better suited to fullback. So what do we do, have an interchange fullback? No way.

Sadly I think Hunt might either be destined to move on, or reprise his role as bench hooker.

Perhaps the answer we're looking for is:

1. Barba
2. Kahu
3. Reed
4. Hoffman
5. Copley/Yow Yeh
6. Hunt
7. DCE

DCE would really compliment Hunt's game and vice versa.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Perhaps the answer we're looking for is:

1. Barba
2. Kahu
3. Reed
4. Hoffman
5. Copley/Yow Yeh
6. Hunt
7. DCE

DCE would really compliment Hunt's game and vice versa.

Yep. Honestly, if Milford came willing and cheap, OK. But I'd rather fork out more and get DCE. Milford might be a premiership winner in his own right one day. DCE is now.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Barba could work at centre.

1. Milford
4. Barba
6. Hunt
7. DCE

Is pretty deadly. If I was confident in Milford being a good half, I'd easily drop Hunt, but from watching him play he really seems like a perfect attacking fullback in the making.

H

hidethesuspect

Banned User
Sep 2, 2013
It's unfortunate for Hunt but if you could only choose two out of the three you have to go with Milford and DCE. Like I said in the previous post, they would have the pre-season and trials to cement their spot. I think you would then see why Milford would be chosen over Hunt.

H

hidethesuspect

Banned User
Sep 2, 2013

1. Milford
4. Barba
6. Hunt
7. DCE

Is pretty deadly. If I was confident in Milford being a good half, I'd easily drop Hunt, but from watching him play he really seems like a perfect attacking fullback in the making.

Geez, I would definitely only play Barba at fullback, I've seen nothing to suggest he could play centre. At worst if you had to on the wing.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008

1. Milford
4. Barba
6. Hunt
7. DCE

Barba would get run over in the centres.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
If we don't sign anyone else, Barba will likely be in the halves. He'd get run over there too then.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Geez, I would definitely only play Barba at fullback, I've seen nothing to suggest he could play centre. At worst if you had to on the wing.

Barba played most of his junior footy at Centre I believe. No reason he couldn't run lines and even create for his winger.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It's the defence people worry about with Barba in the centres. As nopatience said, he'd get runover.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
I'd nearly rather Milford in the centres than Barba and I still hate the thought of it. I don't think we'll get DCE at all though and if we did I'd rather not get Milford. Wonder if Hunt would still appreciate wearing that number 6.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'd nearly rather Milford in the centres than Barba and I still hate the thought of it. I don't think we'll get DCE at all though and if we did I'd rather not get Milford. Wonder if Hunt would still appreciate wearing that number 6.

It's just a number. In fact he'd likely still play on the left, as DCE mostly plays on the right for Manly.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
I like Milford , and he has heaps of potential . But next year if he is playing at six he will have every behemoth in the Nrl coming his way. We can't evaluate how he will respond the that level of defence. We have a live wire fullback now so he will have to be the right money.

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
End of the day it is either Milford or DCE. So the halves pairing is going to be hunt and DCE or hunt and Milford. I hope to god it's DCE. If you follow the timeline with how milf news has died down I am guessing they were gunning for DCE in 2015 so were going for Milford but something has changed (if this clause rogerwilco talks about is correct) and DCE has said he wants to come next year so the broncs have said to milf it's small contract or nothing. **** I hope we get DCE

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
End of the day it is either Milford or DCE. So the halves pairing is going to be hunt and DCE or hunt and Milford. I hope to god it's DCE. If you follow the timeline with how milf news has died down I am guessing they were gunning for DCE in 2015 so were going for Milford but something has changed (if this clause rogerwilco talks about is correct) and DCE has said he wants to come next year so the broncs have said to milf it's small contract or nothing. **** I hope we get DCE

I think you're right in that the Broncos were probably hoping to nab Milford on a cheap transfer for compassionate reasons for 2014, and then gun for DCE and weigh up the upgrade for Milford vs retaining some off contract blokes next year.

However, perhaps the "cold trail" on Milford indicates his manager playing some silly buggers and wanting a big upgrade for 2015 and beyond immediately, and that would scuttle plans for DCE so the Broncos are going cold.

Pure speculation on my part.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Either way, worst case scenario (In my opinion).. We'll have either Milford or Cherry-Evans in 2015, if not both.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
[tweet]379881645135757312[/tweet]

Looks like we'll have an answer soon, hopefully, kind of over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Cavalo
  • Morkel
  • Lostboy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Waynesaurus
  • RodF
  • bazza
  • Galco
  • Scorchie
  • Strop
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • mieko
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.