[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
But yet look at the shark's not a rich club yet they seem to attract good player's ,

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
Perhaps the answer we're looking for is:

1. Barba
2. Kahu
3. Reed
4. Hoffman
5. Copley/Yow Yeh
6. Hunt
7. DCE

DCE would really compliment Hunt's game and vice versa.

I know it's kind of irrelevant but. You're putting Copley a natural centre (one of the best in under 20) on the wing and Hoffman who was leading try scorer on the wing in centre.

kingpest

kingpest

QCup Player
Apr 14, 2013
He'd dead set be the smallest centre in the NRL by 10kgs

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
That's where the Broncs have a huge advantage, the Raiders could offer 5 times the amount yet some "outside" sponsor could pay him a fortune outside the cap.

It's something the NRL should get rid of if they wish to appear to be a comp where all teams are on a level playing field

Yeah, it really sucks. This is why the Broncos have been able to sign Thurston, Cronk, Smith, Slater, Inglis, DCE, SBW, Matt Scott etc over the past few years, and not have to field rookies or Qld Cup players.

H

hidethesuspect

Banned User
Sep 2, 2013
It's not down to how rich/poor a club is as they can't contribute outside of the cap in 3rd party sponsorship (Raiders financially are very strong), its down to their manager/club being able to source lucrative sponsorship with no ties to the team and that's where certain teams have a big advantage with location and FTA games.

The NRL likes to pretend the comp is a level playing field when they make certain it's anything but.

You make a great post above this and then reply with "Meh". Anyways what I think he was trying to say Bushman is that the cap is in place, any officiating outside of that in regards to 3rd party sponsors etc. gets into a real grey area and without real evidence it would be hard to prove. The NRL do enough by putting a cap into place. If the clubs can't get by using that than tough. It's not the other teams' fault that Canberra is Canberra.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
You make a great post above this and then reply with "Meh". Anyways what I think he was trying to say Bushman is that the cap is in place, any officiating outside of that in regards to 3rd party sponsors etc. gets into a real grey area and without real evidence it would be hard to prove. The NRL do enough by putting a cap into place. If the clubs can't get by using that than tough. It's not the other teams' fault that Canberra is Canberra.

Ok so I probably shouldn't have responded that way, it's just a really tired argument and I can't be bothered having it anymore. So many fans of other clubs have concocted up this conspiracy that the broncos get all these advantages outside the cap and its simply not true. If it was like financeguy said above we would have been able to sign all these stars that were off contract instead of running around with what is essentially a glorified Qcup side. But there is no point getting into this argument because they are absolutely convinced, it's akin to getting into a discussion about religion with a devout christian, you get nowhere.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
Exactly, i mean our mythical ability to pay any player whatever we want (5 times as much according to Bushman) through these 3rd party deals is so unfair to the 11 teams that finished above us on the ladder...

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Exactly, i mean our mythical ability to pay any player whatever we want (5 times as much according to Bushman) through these 3rd party deals is so unfair to the 11 teams that finished above us on the ladder...

It's shit that just goes around and around and is believed by jaded fans as 'those no good broncos'. I mean for ***** sake people on the greenhouse are still talking about the cheek of Andrew Gee to be laughing about already signing milford mouths ago while being interviewed and sipping tea in pashmina scarf or some rubbish. I mean that was the most obvious FIH troll and people still believe it. That's why I can't have this argument anymore.

So yes Bushman we are serial cap rorters, we pay whatever they want outside the cap. We have finished so terribly this year as a measure to try and remove suspicion, so watch out next year. Little known fact Maranta is actually one of the best wingers in the game and it has been a real challenge for him to muff every try scoring opportunity this year, but it's what we have to do to make sure we're n ot caught. I mean you think the storm scandal was bad....

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
It's **** that just goes around and around and is believed by jaded fans as 'those no good broncos'. I mean for ****s sake people on the greenhouse are still talking about the cheek of Andrew Gee to be laughing about already signing milford mouths ago while being interviewed and sipping tea in pashmina scarf or some rubbish. I mean that was the most obvious FIH troll and people still believe it. That's why I can't have this argument anymore.

So yes Bushman we are serial cap rorters, we pay whatever they want outside the cap. We have finished so terribly this year as a measure to try and remove suspicion, so watch out next year. Little known fact Maranta is actually one of the best wingers in the game and it has been a real challenge for him to muff every try scoring opportunity this year, but it's what we have to do to make sure we're n ot caught. I mean you think the storm scandal was bad....
I have a tigers mad mate who, when I told him we had signed Barba said, WTF, how are you fitting him under the cap. I tried to point out his ignorance but it's like trying to convince Fred Nile to take a float in Mardi Gras.

Hitman

Hitman

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I hope this gets resolved quickly because I'm really tired of all this. Playing the guessing game is doing my head in. I'd love Milf to be at the Broncos, so I hope he makes a decision soon so everyone can move on.

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
Mate the outside sponsorship is legal, like when Locky was officially on $250k but received more than that in 3rd party payments, they still have to go through the NRL.

Your position and lineup this year (which still contains shit loads of rep players) is more an indication of how your current management have dropped the ball the past few year and perhaps not helped by the Thorough Breds or whoever they are pulling away.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
Mate the outside sponsorship is legal, like when Locky was officially on $250k but received more than that in 3rd party payments, they still have to go through the NRL.

Your position and lineup this year (which still contains shit loads of rep players) is more an indication of how your current management have dropped the ball the past few year and perhaps not helped by the Thorough Breds or whoever they are pulling away.

Mate, your call on us being able to pay Milford, or any player we want through 3rd party deals to match other clubs is a myth.

Sure Lockyer was reportedly being heavily subsidised this way but to compare any other player to Lockyer, including Milford, as to what value he was worth to 3rd party sponsors is laughable.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
There's only certain players where a marquee/3rd player exemption applies. So yeah, it's a myth.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

Your position and lineup this year (which still contains **** loads of rep players) is more an indication of how your current management have dropped the ball the past few year and perhaps not helped by the Thorough Breds or whoever they are pulling away.
They are rep players because they play for Brisbane. Qld, with only 18% of the Nrl to choose from does not have the luxury of huge depth in every position as NSW/ACT do. Brisbane has a roster of nearly all Qlders and therefore is always overrepresented in rep teams.

B

Broncojim

NYC Player
Jul 9, 2011
Can we please create an Anthony Milford thread where you can only contribute if you have solid information, so really only [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION] can post? Or there has been an article written about said topic. (The article is probably less reliable than anyone on here, but if it's in a newspaper it's got to be true....right?)

Every time I come here I hope that there will be a post from a reliable source or that we have signed Milford. I love reading peoples opinions but it usually means I have to sift through pages of posts just to find out why he is or isn't coming to the Broncos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Stix
  • Howie
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Broncorob
  • LittleDavey
  • Spooky1013
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.