[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
If this Reds thing is true, I reckon it's a ploy. If Ayoub makes it clear that Milf loses nothing either way by leaving Canberra, it could force their hand. I doubt they'll throw one of Rugby Leagues greatest prospects to the curb for Union to scoop up Folau style just to spite the Broncos and Milford.

Last edited:
Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
I would much rather prefer DCE in the halves than Milford. DCE has established himself as one of the game's leading halfbacks and thanks to Andrew John's coaching has made himself a mini joey, DCE has a great kicking game and game-reading ability, strong defensive technique and underrated strength. Milford has just shown potential in a great rookie year but the pressure will be on for him to produce similar form next year, considering the expectations he has set and now every team will be watching him closely and will understand him better.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Meeting "s" plural so I wonder how many different clubs that is?

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'm interested in Tony's services too...

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I don't have anything against him. I just think Milford will be better (and so do many others).

OK well you aren't picking the guy we actually have at fullback why??

M

mieko

QCup Player
Aug 25, 2011
I would much rather prefer DCE in the halves than Milford. DCE has established himself as one of the game's leading halfbacks and thanks to Andrew John's coaching has made himself a mini joey, DCE has a great kicking game and game-reading ability, strong defensive technique and underrated strength. Milford has just shown potential in a great rookie year but the pressure will be on for him to produce similar form next year, considering the expectations he has set and now every team will be watching him closely and will understand him better.

So very very true Broncoman.

If we get Milford for next year (playing in the halves???) and with Barba at the back, I really hope they concentrate on defence in the off season, they both aren't the best defenders and we don't have Wal to cover anymore.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
OK well you aren't picking the guy we actually have at fullback why??

I was just going with what I thought was the best option for next season if we happened to also sign Milford and DCE. I'd play Barba in the centres and work on his defence.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I was just going with what I thought was the best option for next season if we happened to also sign Milford and DCE. I'd play Barba in the centres and work on his defence.

Yeah and I'd fly my magic carpet to work. :cool:

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
Clubs and sponsors maybe.
That's where the Broncs have a huge advantage, the Raiders could offer 5 times the amount yet some "outside" sponsor could pay him a fortune outside the cap.

It's something the NRL should get rid of if they wish to appear to be a comp where all teams are on a level playing field

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
That's where the Broncs have a huge advantage, the Raiders could offer 5 times the amount yet some "outside" sponsor could pay him a fortune outside the cap.

It's something the NRL should get rid of if they wish to appear to be a comp where all teams are on a level playing field

I think we already pander enough to the poorer clubs

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
I think we already pander enough to the poorer clubs
It's not down to how rich/poor a club is as they can't contribute outside of the cap in 3rd party sponsorship (Raiders financially are very strong), its down to their manager/club being able to source lucrative sponsorship with no ties to the team and that's where certain teams have a big advantage with location and FTA games.

The NRL likes to pretend the comp is a level playing field when they make certain it's anything but.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
It's not down to how rich/poor a club is as they can't contribute outside of the cap in 3rd party sponsorship (Raiders financially are very strong), its down to their manager/club being able to source lucrative sponsorship with no ties to the team and that's where certain teams have a big advantage with location and FTA games.

The NRL likes to pretend the comp is a level playing field when they make certain it's anything but.

Meh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Stix
  • Howie
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Broncorob
  • LittleDavey
  • Spooky1013
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.