[OFFICIAL] Anthony Milford to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is completely feasible. Haha

Yeah I know contracts mean nothing to the Broncos recruitment policy, think Wighton may have visited a pub up here so could get the courier mail to write a sob story on how much he misses it :P

That's a good idea actually. I'll give chris Garry a call and see if he can get something about that in tomorrow's Sunday mail

That's a good idea actually. I'll give chris Garry a call and see if he can get something about that in tomorrow's Sunday mail
B4L. Don't worry about Chris . Go straight to Rupert.

On the radio this morning

Tim Gavel:

The Canberra Raiders have told Anthony Milford's manager they are standing firm on his contract and will not release him to any other club in 2014 and is required by he Raiders.

Will be interesting to see what happens next, if he wants good money next year to look after his family he'll have to extend

Last edited:
Will LOL if he does sit out, that'll show the hypocrites.

He couldn't afford to since he's the bread winner for the family unless he's receiving money under the table from elsewhere.

Raiders really need him next year, Ahearn will need a year at the Mounties against men and the 18yo gun Pom we might be signing would need more time as well, 2015 we'd be able to cover for Milf a lot easier

Last edited:
When was the last time someone sat out a season?

Gorden Tallis in 1996 I think

He couldn't afford to since he's the bread winner for the family unless he's receiving money under the table from elsewhere

The Reds would then become a serious option and league may not get him back

So Raiders are happy for Stuart to come home due to family reasons, but refusing to let Milf do the same?

Stay classy Canberra....

The Reds would then become a serious option and league may not get him back
Reds have denied interest though. Wonder if he did go if Raiders would play hardball and sue for breach of contract

So Raiders are happy for Stuart to come home due to family reasons, but refusing to let Milf do the same?

Stay classy Canberra....

Yeah it's absolute BS. Unless the Broncos have an iron-clad alternative for the halves, they'll go hard on his manager to take it to court.

I think the best option for the Broncos is to sign Milford for 2015 on November 1. forcing the Raiders to spend more money developing him for us to take advantage of.

That may even make them decide to honour the get-out clause and release him early. because if anyone in the Raiders management had any brains, they would know that he is NOT going to to a back flip before round 13.

He couldn't afford to since he's the bread winner for the family unless he's receiving money under the table from elsewhere.

Raiders really need him next year, Ahearn will need a year at the Mounties against men and the 18yo gun Pom we might be signing would need more time as well, 2015 we'd be able to cover for Milf a lot easier

So you've got the kid by the balls. Either stay and be away from you family and just suck up the homesickness, or be with your family but not able to support them. Classy!

I actually don't care if we get him anymore, I just hope he goes to union or something to **** over the nrl and they can explain to everyone why another one of our stars are playing in another code

Yeah it's absolute BS. Unless the Broncos have an iron-clad alternative for the halves, they'll go hard on his manager to take it to court.
I'm mixed on it to be honest, I can see the wanting to return to family (though doubt that's the full story) but also glad to see the Raiders finally playing hardball and do what it takes which is a trait I've admired about teams such as the Broncos.

Not sure if should be rubbishing em too much about not granting a release though, according to Wallace and his manager he was denied one only to be given the boot a few months later which is just as classy, ask yourself if the Broncos would do it if the replacement was a year off being ready? It could also potentially help sign him long term if he wants the extra dollars.

Looks headed for court . Raiders stance indicates he had no intention of remaining there.

They also did something shady with Weston's contract.

I think the best option for the Broncos is to sign Milford for 2015 on November 1. forcing the Raiders to spend more money developing him for us to take advantage of.

That may even make them decide to honour the get-out clause and release him early. because if anyone in the Raiders management had any brains, they would know that he is NOT going to to a back flip before round 13.
They'd need him for 2014 since his replacement would probably not quite be ready for first grade and if money is a big motivating factor then there is a chance he could backflip if he wants a big pay for 2014 he'd have to extend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Astro
  • Porthoz
  • UP DA BRIZZY BRONX
  • Justwin
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • NSW stables
  • Scorchie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.